Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*PITCH INSPECTION 1pm* Charlton v Gillingham | 13th Feb | 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    esseffect said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Literally spells it out why he can’t pick the same 11 every game and you just won’t listen.

im completely lost 
    Literally spells out why he WON'T pick the same 11 every game and you just won't accept it. 

I am completely lost.

If a player can play 50 minutes, 60 minutes, or longer.  As we have seen with Chuks and others, coming on as a sub, can you explain how they can do that yet aren't able to start?

If you "rest" a player because he isn't fit enough to start how does bringing him on during the 1st half help anyone? 

Chuks is brilliant at bullying players. He’s even better at it when they are knackered after 60 mins of football and he comes on fresh.

It’s very likely the game plan is to hope not to use certain players that need a rest, but as is clearly obvious it’s a results based business so bowyer is forced to throw people on.

Yes id rather we weren’t chasing the game at the end, yea it’s frustrating, but you can’t always have what you want.

has anyone told you no before?
    Yes, but never before with their head so far up someone else's arse I don't know which one of them is talking. 

Off the top of my head Chuks has come in at least 3 times either during the 1st half or at half time.  Millar came on at half time a couple of games ago.   So he is forced to risk injury, that he thinks is a risk? 

Is that normal?  Which other manager does it so often? Either a player can play an hour, or he can't.  If he can, and he is one of your best players why not start him?   If he can't why bring him on so early?

Or is your answer "if Lee does it it must be right"? 
  • Options
    Reckon Schwartz will do the business but it will be tight 1-0 to
    us 
  • Options
    All I can say it's that we wont start with the same starting 11 as last week & if we go 1-0 down then we wont win. Apart from that everything else is up for grabs.

Another non-binary game........3-2 
    Edging your bets there then, won't go 1-0 down or won't win, seems you are covering all angles :)
  • Options
    The team purposefully go into the break 1-0 down just so they can turn it around in the second half and shut up one or two posters. 3-1 the Addicks.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Literally spells it out why he can’t pick the same 11 every game and you just won’t listen.

im completely lost 
    Literally spells out why he WON'T pick the same 11 every game and you just won't accept it. 

I am completely lost.

If a player can play 50 minutes, 60 minutes, or longer.  As we have seen with Chuks and others, coming on as a sub, can you explain how they can do that yet aren't able to start?

If you "rest" a player because he isn't fit enough to start how does bringing him on during the 1st half help anyone? 

Chuks is brilliant at bullying players. He’s even better at it when they are knackered after 60 mins of football and he comes on fresh.

It’s very likely the game plan is to hope not to use certain players that need a rest, but as is clearly obvious it’s a results based business so bowyer is forced to throw people on.

Yes id rather we weren’t chasing the game at the end, yea it’s frustrating, but you can’t always have what you want.

has anyone told you no before?
    Yes, but never before with their head so far up someone else's arse I don't know which one of them is talking. 

Off the top of my head Chuks has come in at least 3 times either during the 1st half or at half time.  Millar came on at half time a couple of games ago.   So he is forced to risk injury, that he thinks is a risk? 

Is that normal?  Which other manager does it so often? Either a player can play an hour, or he can't.  If he can, and he is one of your best players why not start him?   If he can't why bring him on so early?

Or is your answer "if Lee does it it must be right"? 
    It’s nice and cosy up there during these cold times 
  • Options
    Sounds like Bowyer wants to rotate. Sigh.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    esseffect said:

im completely lost 
    You have to play the same team if you win.
    A player coming in who does well should keep the shirt.
    We should play our best players even if someone has the shirt
    Pearce should not play even if he was in the winning team last week
    Pearce must play if it means Pratley does not play at centre half.
    No square pegs in round holes unless it means Chucks not playing in the number 10 role as he is now the main centre forward. Unless Stockley is playing. It is OK to play Millar in the hole.
    We should play the diamond unless we won last game playing a different system, then we have to keep that formation whatever.
    If a player is not fit enough to play 90 minutes he should not be allowed to even be on the bench.
    Part fit players must be on the bench if they are very good players.
    Part fit good players should start the game so we can score first.
    Part fit good players should be kept on the bench unless we really need them so they are fit for next game.
    Bowyer is culpable if any of the above happens and we don’t win.
    Bowyer should be sacked immediately if he mentions any player who has let the club and team mates down.

I am convinced Lee Bowyer picks his best players for ever game.  Despite the fact he said he doesn't.  He must be telling porkies pies.

Your quite right he has got every selection and substitute right for the last year.  Never does anything wrong.

Sorry but saying he never does anything wrong, or flat batting any criticism, is as ridiculous as anyone claim all the things you have just listed.

He got it massively right on Saturday, and he gets deserved credit for it.  You can make a good argument that he has still got more right than wrong and still admit he has got, multiple, things wrong and is still the right person to take us forward. 

For what it's worth I think he should have been sacked in late December early January, for many reasons that don't need going over again, but since then he has stopped doing the worst things, and whilst not being brilliant, it's better.  He might as well now have until at least the end of March and prove he is the right man for the job.  Trust me I hope he does, I would love nothing more than him completing what is unfinished business in the championship. 
  • Options
    2-1 Charlton. Aneke and Schwartz to score.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    esseffect said:

im completely lost 
    No square pegs in round holes unless it means Chucks not playing in the number 10 role as he is now the main centre forward. Unless Stockley is playing. It is OK to play Millar in the hole.
    We should play the diamond unless we won last game playing a different system, then we have to keep that formation whatever.
    If a player is not fit enough to play 90 minutes he should not be allowed to even be on the bench.
    Part fit good players should be kept on the bench unless we really need them so they are fit for next game.
    Bowyer should be sacked immediately if he mentions any player who has let the club and team mates down.

I am convinced Lee Bowyer picks his best players for ever game.  Despite the fact he said he doesn't.  He must be telling porkies pies.

Your quite right he has got every selection and substitute right for the last year.  Never does anything wrong.

Sorry but saying he never does anything wrong, or flat batting any criticism, is as ridiculous as anyone claim all the things you have just listed.

He got it massively right on Saturday, and he gets deserved credit for it.  You can make a good argument that he has still got more right than wrong and still admit he has got, multiple, things wrong and is still the right person to take us forward. 

For what it's worth I think he should have been sacked in late December early January, for many reasons that don't need going over again, but since then he has stopped doing the worst things, and whilst not being brilliant, it's better.  He might as well now have until at least the end of March and prove he is the right man for the job.  Trust me I hope he does, I would love nothing more than him completing what is unfinished business in the championship. 
    Whoooosh.

I was merely giving a light hearted summary of what we all say. 

You did give it a lol, so thanks for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    esseffect said:

im completely lost 

Whoooosh.

It's not a woosh if you go on every thread and repeat the same old cobblers. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    esseffect said:

im completely lost 

Whoooosh.

It's not a woosh if you go on every thread and repeat the same old cobblers. 
    Me! Where have I ever said he gets every selection right?
    Where have I said that he gets every substitution right?
    Where have I called him a liar?
    Where have I ever posted anything remotely similar to the above? Other than I hate the diamond! Have I not said play 4-4-2? 
    Did I not say Purrington and Pearce should return last game? I love Oshi

Do you not see the contradictions in what I posted? Do you get that they cannot all be right?
  • Options
    Charlton win, 2-1.
  • Options
    Any pitch inspection planned temp below freezing all day today and with wind chill tomorrow could be -7 during the day ??? 
  • Options
    Yes it would be good to hear about how the pitch is at the moment. With freezing temperatures I am not convinced the game will go ahead. Be disappointing for another Saturday game to be called off. Looking forward to this one after lasts weeks much improved performance. I think another win.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/valleyfloydfred/status/1140171150359613441?s=21

Sorry but couldn’t help myself with the re-appearance of the Big Geezer Evans.

A win but I doubt it will be comfortable for us (now not so secretly hoping for them to get a drubbing).
  • Options
    Back to back wins would be nice. 
  • Options
    Sounds like Bowyer wants to rotate. Sigh.
    I just don't get it.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Yes it would be good to hear about how the pitch is at the moment. With freezing temperatures I am not convinced the game will go ahead. Be disappointing for another Saturday game to be called off. Looking forward to this one after lasts weeks much improved performance. I think another win.
    I would imagine they will be lifting the covers for a short time and having a look at the pitch today. If the pitch is ok (playable) then it will probably be ok tomorrow - covered up of course. If it isn't, tomorrow looks dodgy. I haven't purchased the game yet but it would be good to hear a thumbs up this afternoon, then I will.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    I would imagine they will be lifting the covers for a short time and having a look at the pitch today. If the pitch is ok (playable) then it will probably be ok tomorrow - covered up of course. If it isn't, tomorrow looks dodgy. I haven't purchased the game yet but it would be good to hear a thumbs up this afternoon, then I will.
    Yep makes sense. Also held back from my normal Fri morning purchase of my pass. Fingers crossed the pitch is ok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On reflection it would probably be better to see a thumbs up than hear one! I did have a look, thinking about tomorrow, at the grass when walking the dog this morning. It looked good, but was very hard underfoot when walked on. Obviously, it was not covered, and I am in Hertfordshire, but I don't think a ref would allow a game to start in the conditions this morning. I suppose it depends on how effective the covers are. 
  • Options
    So reactive. What about Charlton playing a certain way and them having to adapt to us? We're at home and all
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    So reactive. What about Charlton playing a certain way and them having to adapt to us? We're at home and all
    Sure thats the plan but like any game, you have to be prepared for how they play and make the tweaks if need be. 

We're a footballing side and there a physical side so for us to prosper, we need to battle for second balls etc so we can play our game.

If it was a similar team to how we play, it would just be about who was better on the ball that day. 
  • Options
    It sound like Shinnie in the middle with DJ on the wing and JFC on the bench from the preview
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    Wasnt playing Aneke and Stockley against Rochdale a reactive way to how they play?

And that had nothing to do with the fact we were away, it was because Bowyer noticed they couldnt handle Aneke at home - Aneke on the other hand was shite against Shrewsbury because their Centre-Backs had him under their thumb, yet should we still persist with a player that didnt work on that occasion simply because we're Charlton?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sure thats the plan but like any game, you have to be prepared for how they play and make the tweaks if need be. 

We're a footballing side and there a physical side so for us to prosper, we need to battle for second balls etc so we can play our game.

If it was a similar team to how we play, it would just be about who was better on the ball that day. 
    I thought we were decent physically last Saturday.
  • Options
    Gillingham are a tough team, they pepper the box and target the under 30's, so I'm going with Watson and Pratley :/
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Wasnt playing Aneke and Stockley against Rochdale a reactive way to how they play?

And that had nothing to do with the fact we were away, it was because Bowyer noticed they couldnt handle Aneke at home - Aneke on the other hand was shite against Shrewsbury because their Centre-Backs had him under their thumb, yet should we still persist with a player that didnt work on that occasion simply because we're Charlton?
    But they might not be successful having to mark both Stockley and Aneke out of the game. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm going with called off.

Fosu dominated in the last game at the valley between the sides.