Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We are due a win...and a bit of luck.  I expect a tough game and after Tuesday I decided no more streams - but have already changed my mind on that.  I hope Bowyer gets it right - still don't know why Aneke didn't start on Tuesday...  I'm guessing that with only 15 games to go - that TS will stick with Bowyer to the end of the season - which makes sense so that a new manager (if he decides a change is needed) can help to build a team for next season - from the off.  I fear another draw 1-1 but hoping for 2-1 win.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone that gets the 11 players, in the right positions, deserves a promote. 
    Does that include Bowyer? And, did you mean promotion?
  • Options

I have taken a holiday from Charlton for the last two games and feel much better for it.

I am not missing that sinking feeling of despair when  I realise I have just wasted another two hours of my life watching eleven uninterested blokes going through the motions, at slow speed, in an empty football stadium. Not to mention wasting ten quid, twice per week.

Back in the Parky League One days, we were usually dreadful and had much worse players but I remember never missing a home game, being fully engaged and felt the team was having a go. 

Maybe streaming football during COVID just doesn't work- a bit like Zoom isn't real life and a Facebook friend won't do your shopping for you when you are self isolating. 

• Options
    Can't see anything other than more pain to come, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Another formation change, another change to the XI, more goals conceded at home, more people not buying the stream until change is made.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I’m a little more relaxed for this game. Feel like Burton was the make or break one and we broke. Rest of the season doesn’t quite have the same pressure in my head as I just can’t see us going up or down now.

Let’s go for it and play with freedom and see where it gets us. It does mean, as our central midfield hasn't done too well recently, I would quite like to give Aaron Henry a try. But I don’t believe Bowyer will.
  • Options
    Cut out all the mistakes, do the basics right and play as if their lives depended on it and I’ll be satisfied with a 0-1 defeat.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Cut out all the mistakes, do the basics right and play as if their lives depended on it and I’ll be satisfied with a 0-1 defeat.
    One problem, if we don't make any mistakes, we will not and can not lose. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I’m a little more relaxed for this game. Feel like Burton was the make or break one and we broke. Rest of the season doesn’t quite have the same pressure in my head as I just can’t see us going up or down now.

Let’s go for it and play with freedom and see where it gets us. It does mean, as our central midfield hasn't done too well recently, I would quite like to give Aaron Henry a try. But I don’t believe Bowyer will.
    I think you're right. Maybe it's time to experiment, play some of the youth, see if some new gems can be uncovered?

I am really not sure if the club will see another tenner from me at the weekend or indeed for the rest of the season, they sure don't deserve it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saga Lout said:
    RC_CAFC said:

I think you're right. Maybe it's time to experiment, play some of the youth, see if some new gems can be uncovered?

I am really not sure if the club will see another tenner from me at the weekend or indeed for the rest of the season, they sure don't deserve it.
    Maybe there is a difference between the team that we’ve seen in recent home games deserving it and the club deserving it? 

I agree with you that the team we’ve seen recently don’t, but I do believe the club at the moment do, I think there is a lot of positives happening throughout the club. I do think Covid has made us all emotionally latch onto following our football club more than usual because it’s been one thing we’re allowed to keep doing. Maybe it does take a while for the footballing side to catch up with the business side.

Fully respect any that choose not to pay a tenner while there doesn’t appear much to play for and it’s only on a tv though as it’s a lot of money for not a lot of reward.
  • Options
    I think if Bowyer wasn't let go after Burton, he'll survive a loss against Blackpool. It's unlikely we can put together a run for the playoffs, given recent form, so it makes everything now feel weirdly low stakes. I hope upon hope that we can pull together that run, it would be an unprecedented turnaround and completely wild. Hopefully I'll be having stacks of humble custard pie shoved down my throat at Wembley in a few months!
  • Options
    Another random team selection and bizarre tactics - we'll probably lose. 
  • Options
    Blackpool do us 5-1
  • Options
    As it's Academy Day on Saturday I expect Morgan to start, as otherwise it will be pretty embarrassing to have no academy players starting, and just Morgan and a sub keeper on the bench
  • Options
    On recent performances we will lose. While not excusing LB's poor tactics, it's about time the players respond and take the initiative. Some of them may not like being told to play an unnatural position that doesn't suit them. Play to your instincts, you're not robots. You can mostly keep within LB's instructions (however muddled), but don't let that inhibit you if you see an opportunity. As others have posted, there seems to be no leaders who are prepared to dictate play. We are under-achieving big style. 
  • Options
    Auto promotion long gone, playoffs very doubtful.Will take a performance, anything to stop the rot.
    Hope to sneak a win, will pay my tenner and take my chances. 1-1 says my heart, 2-0 loss says my head.   
  • Options
    3-1 Charlton. Ever the optimist, one of those an own goal though.
  • Options
    I'll be watching, I've no expectations of a win or a good performance, or even a stable line up. 
  • Options
    MUST WIN GAME...... !

Oh hold on that was Gillingham, Or was it Fleetwood, or perhaps it was Burton..? 

To little to late.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Going for a walk. Homemade curry. A few beers. Watch a film. Fuck Charlton.
  • Options
    4-4-2 let's give Schwartz a full 90 with Stockley and see what we get. Morgan in the middle with JFC and the two wingers. 
    The team talk is now simple. Everyone is playing for their futures at the club. Let's see what ones want to be here
  • Options
    chucks up top with stockley, no pratley, pearce or watson and a 442 formation and we will win - that won't happen though 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I think Bowyer will return to a 442 formation despite thinking the three at the back worked against Burton, as he’ll be less worried about their aerial threat. 
    I  don’t think Aneke offered anything behind the front two against Burton, and my money’s on him starting up top with Stockley.
    Schwartz doesn’t have the knack of getting himself involved, service or no service, so may be better as an impact sub (although I’m not convinced he isn’t a dud unfortunately).
    I also really hope Bowyer doesn’t play DJ in anything other than the role he played at Swindon. He’s looked lost so far, so a return to a more comfortable role might help him. 
    Smith had a very good spell before getting hooked v Fleetwood, and I’d give him another chance, in better conditions than up at Highbury. What’s the point of signing him if he doesn’t getting a proper opportunity to show what he can do?
    Famewo will make a difference, and it’s a toss up between Purrington and Maatsen. Gunter to return at right back. 
    Shinnie, Smith, Pratley and Millar in midfield, although I’d prefer JFC or Morgan instead of Pratley.

The main thing I want to see though, is the return of the fighting spirit and belief that has been so lacking recently. I really hope there’s been a much needed clearing-the-air talk between Bowyer and the players, as something really does need to change, and fast. 
    I pray we win this one because the post defeat depression is getting us all down. However, I feel a draw is the best we can hope for unfortunately.
    2-2?

PS Lisbie is the guest on VP. 👍
  • Options
    When Maasten and Miller arrived we all thought we had amazing outlets. When they got the ball they had 1 thing on their mind and that was to drive forward and take players on to get us up the field. The last few games they get the ball start moving then stop, cut back inside and pass the ball backwards, then it goes sideways a few times and the opposition get their players back and into position. They must be being coached to do that and I dont understand why. 2 forward thinking players who looked top class are being coached to be negative imo. Please just let the players play and get some decent stuff to watch regardless of results for a bit
  • Options
    Fair play to Sage and FA for continually trying to offer up a line up when I don’t even think Bowyer knows what team or formation to play.

I expect more changes tomorrow, with the exception of Pratley who never gets dropped.  

Amos 

Gunter Oshilaja Famewo Maatsen

Shinnie Pratley Smith Millar 

Stockley Aneke 

the result is irrelevant for me now, but 2-4 Blackpool and the usual ‘We were better than them but....’ 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Good morning!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    When Maasten and Miller arrived we all thought we had amazing outlets. When they got the ball they had 1 thing on their mind and that was to drive forward and take players on to get us up the field. The last few games they get the ball start moving then stop, cut back inside and pass the ball backwards, then it goes sideways a few times and the opposition get their players back and into position. They must be being coached to do that and I dont understand why. 2 forward thinking players who looked top class are being coached to be negative imo. Please just let the players play and get some decent stuff to watch regardless of results for a bit
    Absolutely, they’re being Charltonised, and that’s the difference between us and the forward thinking proactive coaching at their clubs, it’s why Liverpool’s under 12’s could probably beat us at the moment.
    Horrible stodgy cynical football reeking of desperation and suffocating the life out of any green shoots of talent and aspiration.
  • Options
    1-1 , this is me being optimistic. This season feels like a write off. Prove me wrong Bowyer & co, far too soon to give up hope surely? 
  • Options
    Our luck got to change soon ... it will click and tomorrow could be that day ... liked the 343 we played first half on Tuesday and if we had gone in 4-1 up no one could complain .. first half we looked good so hopefully he sticks up it again but would change the front 3 .... 

Amos

Gunter
    Famewo
    Osh

Millar 
    Watson 
    Shinnie/Pratley 
    DJ

Aneke
    Stockley
    Ronnie S 

3-1 to us we finally get a bit of luck