Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I would start with this:

Amos
    Matthews Oshi  Famewo  Purrington

DJ   Shinnie   Pratley   Millar

Aneke  Stockley

With Morgan, Schwartz and Maatsen to come off the bench if needed.
    Reckon we’ll win this one and I like that team. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I have no confidence the players will turn up today, or regularly for the rest of the season. I think fans not being in the stadium mean they've escaped an incredible amount of criticism which has instead been aimed almost entirely at the manager, who no doubt deserves his fair share. We might scrape a draw today but my expectations are very low for this flakey squad and its uninspiring captain.

But strangely, I'm still looking forward to the game! Oh to be a Charlton fan
  • Options
    We’ll win today. 
  • Options
    Just had a brief scroll through. 

17 different players in 5 different formations in the predictions, suggestions and wild guesses.  It would be nearer to 20 if JFC and Gilbey were fit. 

Amos, Famewo, Oshilaja, Millar and Stockley seem to be the only 5 players that almost everyone thinks will/should play today.   That's probably fair. 

You would expect that 5 to be closer to 8 come March wouldn't you?  Even if everyone was available it would still on be 5 five, assuming the majority went with Inniss over Oshilaja? 
  • Options
    Oh dear its game day ! My nerves are already on edge. Is today the day it all turns around and the run starts ? As usual of late team sheet will be met with meltdown lol will it be pratley and Watson? Or just pratley ? So many potential line ups been mentioned on here. For me I would go the same starting line up as last week but change Watson or pratley for Smith and Famwoe in as CB. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Unreal that we're still 9th. Doesn't feel like we're 9th.
  • Options
    Got a good feeling about today, all I hope is Stockley is not alone up top as the long ball does not work and we just give away possession 
  • Options
    Always look forward to a game, let's hope it's money well spent this week 🤞
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He held his hand up after the Burton match @tangoflash
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    He held his hand up after the Burton match @tangoflash

Probably because even he didn't think we'd lose to them, so had no time to prepare any..............
  • Options
    I feel tomorrow will be the day we lay the ghost of "Golfie" and come back to win after conceding the first goal. 
    "Half time here on Valley Pass Live with Charlton 1-0 down. Curbs, can Charlton finally do a Golfie?"

"You wot?"
  • Options
    Just going to throw something into the mix as well
    as Stockley done is he not the problem ??
    Since he arrived we changed our style of play to suit .. but it’s clearly not helped players like Aneke , Millar and Schwartz who want the ball to feet ...

Aneke and Schwartz a better forward line and more dangerous ??

• Options
    I feel tomorrow will be the day we lay the ghost of "Golfie" and come back to win after conceding the first goal. 
    Hacker alert, I say hacker alert :smile:
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm grasping at straws here, but Charlton often start the season well, fall away in the winter and pick up again when the warmer weather and sunshine returns.
    I think anything could happen, but I'll go 2-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    Stockley has just been told that Aneke and Shinnie are also in the squad.

• Options
    On current form, the stream should offer a discount - twelve quid for the first 15 minutes, or  8 quid if you can stick out the whole ninety minutes. I can't see any need to predict the starting line up - if Bowyer came on now  with  ste initial XI,he'd probably still make a change or two before 3pm.
    I'll go for a 3-1 win. Stats say that should be in favour of the Tangerines, but I choose to continue my fever dream of the play offs a week or two more, even though the idea of our defence at Wembley terrifies me.
    COYA
  • Options
    Hacker alert, I say hacker alert :smile:

• Options
    Regardless of the team ...we win. In Bow's we trust COYR's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The sun is shining, I don't have expectations for the rest of the season, at worst we have a proper Powell-era rebuild over summer without the wage cap. However it pans out, I trust that the current SMT are making long, term, strategic decisions, so I'm happy to see how they pan out before judging. Hoping we can all move on from the past 2 months and the team can give us a bit of naive hope for the playoffs. COYR.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    First game I'll have missed in months! Got the outlaws to visit as they're in our baby bubble.

6-0 win
  • Options
    Blackpool were my darkhorse for promotion this year, bit behind but they have games in hand, some good players.

I reckon we lose 2-1, they're in form and we are still gathering energy to go on our 10 game win streak 
  • Options
    Really hoping Bows can turn this around. 
  • Options
  • Options
    442 with Washington and Stockley up top 
  • Options
    3-1.cafc 
  • Options
    Nobody has mentioned Amos’ increasingly poor goalkeeping, is Maynard-Brewer ready for a call up?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Well nobody saw Washington + Stockley coming. 

I have a feeling Aneke is on the bench after failing to take some criticism well, judging by LB's pre-match conference comments.

Looks like a 4-4-2 with two attacking wingers. Something rarely seen in the modern era.