Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    As for for the side Lord Bowyer puts out or how they will perform ...

I hint got a clue ... but I'd wager it'll be a load of ole squit followed by the inevitable meltdown on the post-match thread.
    Said like a true Norfolk boy with Charlton connections.
    Your a roight old rumman 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    As for for the side Lord Bowyer puts out or how they will perform ...

I hint got a clue ... but I'd wager it'll be a load of ole squit followed by the inevitable meltdown on the post-match thread.
    Said like a true Norfolk boy with Charlton connections.
    Your a roight old rumman 
    What yer say boy?
    come on tegether.
  • Options
    3 nil win and it starts a 15 game winning streak to win the league 
  • Options
    Been in Norfolk far too long John! 🐑
  • Options
    Maybe they will be too confident. I think we do so badly at the Valley as teams set out not to lose and we gift them the games. If they come to win it might help us.
    I agree. I think we play better away as teams come on to us and we are good on the break. 
    At home seem to struggle as we commit a lot of players forward and against teams that hump the ball up as it turns the back four and our team is strung out the length of the pitch.

Maybe we will do better against the top teams?

(I only said maybe, be gentle).
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Exactly Ketts.

Big dilemma for tomorrow.
    Do I waste another tenner to be disappointed yet again?
    Or suffer like the rest of you. 
    Here's my team hoping for some lightness in these dark days.

Amos
              Gunter Oshilaga Famewo Purrington

Shinnie Pratley Smith Millar

Chucks Stockley
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Now thass a load of ole squit!

Any time spent among the North Folk isn't long enough, any time spent away is too long.
  • Options
    Ever the pessimist. I can see the poor home form continuing. 0-2 unfortunately. Please, I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest, If it was a case of attending I would be questioning whether I would go after all the crap we have been dished up with not enough contrition for my liking. I totally hate being told it isn't good enough, then being told it is. But spending a tenner when there isn't a lot else to do is no big deal and I can always turn it off.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Exactly Ketts.

Amos

Chucks Stockley
    As I've said a number of time on various other threads, if we decided that we weren't going to waste money on this club for fear of being disappointed (at best!) by the result or the performance then it would have folded a long time ago.

Disappointment is a key feature of this football club. The word might as well feature on the club crest along the length of the sword's (blunt) blade.
  • Options
    Two things for certain. One I will waste a tenner after trying to talk myself out of it.
    Two, more experimentation by Lee Bowyer as first he tries to nullify Blackpool's threat while at same time trying to shore up a defence that anyone on here would score against. Score  three two to Blackpool. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    KettsJohn said:
    Exactly Ketts.

Amos
              Gunter Oshilaja Famewo Purrington

Chucks Stockley
    Yep that is my choice of team.

Just hope Bow's can finally decide what his best team is, and sticks to it for at least 5 0r 6 games maybe swapping Maatsen for Pur'n if they have a fast tricky winger.

Having played Smith for half a game he needs a run of games to get match fit; only then can he be properly judged.
    Apologies for repeating some other comments above.
  • Options
    To be honest, If it was a case of attending I would be questioning whether I would go after all the crap we have been dished up with not enough contrition for my liking. I totally hate being told it isn't good enough, then being told it is. But spending a tenner when there isn't a lot else to do is no big deal and I can always turn it off.
    I don’t believe you, I think you would be there. 
    Nobody spends as much time on Charlton Life unless it really matters to them. 
    We may disagree on things but I would hazard a guess that we would be singing and dancing at any success and would certainly be there when we are supporting either our youth or the offbeats.
  • Options
    Blackpool are the form team and we are not. Our defence is not protected by the midfield and is under pressure too easily. Plus we ship soft goals. 2-0 Backpool, routine win.
  • Options
    Blackpool are the form team and we are not. Our defence is not protected by the midfield and is under pressure too easily. Plus we ship soft goals. 2-0 Backpool, routine win.
    Nah, we will crush them.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Exactly Ketts.

Amos

Chucks Stockley
    As I've said a number of time on various other threads, if we decided that we weren't going to waste money on this club for fear of being disappointed (at best!) by the result or the performance then it would have folded a long time ago.

Disappointment is a key feature of this football club. The word might as well feature on the club crest along the length of the sword's (blunt) blade.
    Do you live in Briston,Briston?

Disappointment is a key feature of being a football fan.
    I remember an old Millwall suporting  neighbour of mine saying some years ago, that he'd supported Millwall for over 60 years and for 59 and a half years it's been pure misery.
    He went on to say he couldn't remember the 6 months of glory and thought that being a football supporter was tantamount to masochism!! 

Of course I will be spending a tenner watching Charlton tomorrow.
    Supporting and worrying just as I've done for over 60 years.
    Sadly Briston and the good posters on this site, Charlton's performances of late have given me more anxiety than my chemotherapy treatment.    

• Options
    Amos
    Gunter Deji Famewo Purrington
    Morgan Pratley Shinnie Millar
    Aneke Stockley

That's my prediction. As I said earlier, it's academy day so they'll want an academy player in the 11, and I can't see Bowyer playing 2 strikers AND 2 wingers against Blackpool
    People go on about needless changes yet you left MOM out from Tuesday (Watson) 
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91185/statbank-charlton-1-2-burton-albion#latest

According to the statbank Watson was our 8th best player, with a stellar score of 5.05
  • Options
    Tomorrow I'm expecting a solid line-up, packed with defensive strength, midfield wizardry, and goals.

I will be very, very surprised if we don't see a Charlton hat-trick.

Yes, it's Scotty, Curbs, and Lisbinho on the Valley Pass coverage :)

I’m pleased the bottom ‘D’ in the picture wasn’t obscured like the ‘A’
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tomorrow I'm expecting a solid line-up, packed with defensive strength, midfield wizardry, and goals.

I will be very, very surprised if we don't see a Charlton hat-trick.

Yes, it's Scotty, Curbs, and Lisbinho on the Valley Pass coverage :)

I’m pleased the bottom ‘D’ in the picture wasn’t obscured like the ‘A’
    Lose tomorrow and it will be next week
  • Options
    Not watching again. Not excited by any player in this squad. Will lose 1-2. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Nah, we have a few that are a delight to watch - just not at the back😬. 
    At the end of the day it is our club and our team. We are in this together whatever.
    A pound in is a pound to a better squad.
    Win or lose, we are in it together.
  • Options
    Spending the stream tenner on fishing instead 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    ct_addick said:
    Nah, we have a few that are a delight to watch - just not at the back😬. 
    At the end of the day it is our club and our team. We are in this together whatever.
    A pound in is a pound to a better squad.
    Win or lose, we are in it together.
    Not while we have a manager who has no tactical nous or man management skills. Plus not working so will spend my money on something that won't leave me pissed off after.
  • Options
    Well I m amazed Bowyer is still here. So I guess he's just going to have to try a little harder to get the pay-off I assume he is after.

With that in mind, expect more changes in formation tomorrow. Expect a visionary 6-0-4 formation as Bowyer attempts to shore up the defence whilst still maintaining an attacking threat. Stockley is moved to centre half and we play both Matthews & Jaiyesimi at left back to mark the dangerous Campbell.

Maatsen is moved to centre forward and Watson is also played up front where his pace can be used most effectively.

All complete rubbish of course but no doubt LB will make another load of changes and play another system. No wonder we can't get any consistency.

I will be amazed if we win. 
  • Options
    Well I m amazed Bowyer is still here. So I guess he's just going to have to try a little harder to get the pay-off I assume he is after.

With that in mind, expect more changes in formation tomorrow. Expect a visionary 6-0-4 formation as Bowyer attempts to shore up the defence whilst still maintaining an attacking threat. Stockley is moved to centre half and we play both Matthews & Jaiyesimi at left back to mark the dangerous Campbell.

Maatsen is moved to centre forward and Watson is also played up front where his pace can be used most effectively.

All complete rubbish of course but no doubt LB will make another load of changes and play another system. No wonder we can't get any consistency.

I will be amazed if we win. 
    That's low mate!

Sneaking in and nicking a blokes game plan...
  • Options
    I'll spend a tenner on this game to support Charlton. The team, the staff and our club.
    I'm going with my 3-1 (home) win prediction.

I'm safe in the knowledge our club is in good hands. We have an owner with a long term vision, a vision that is in the best interests of Charlton and his investment. Investment of both of his valuable time and money. I've not seen anything to contradict this yet.

We've fought into the premiership before, and it took more than a season , and more than one try to be there regularly. It also took a team that worked together on and off the field.

Lets enjoy the journey. We can do this, COYR.

• Options
    I feel tomorrow will be the day we lay the ghost of "Golfie" and come back to win after conceding the first goal. 
  • Options
    Charlton 1- 3 Blackpool