Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Southbank said:
    Only player from youth team in the matchday squad today is Harness. Even that does not seem to be working well this season.
    Long time coming, this; LB and JJ have been fire fighting for 3 years .  We have a crap squad .  Compare this side to the one that’s went up- it’s diabolical 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Someone needs to tell him the taxi is waiting at the front of the ground...,

• Great managing that, can't even be bothered to give a team-talk? 
    Like when you take one last look around the house before you fuck off back to the carp lakes of Northern France, perhaps?
  • IR94 said:
    Cant we just give the job to Curbs, he watches every match anyway
    Why not. He can't do any worse
  • Aneke and Smith coming on? 
  • Pratley and shinnie is never the answer for a centre midfield pairing. Actually angers me that Bowyer has even considered that would work. Pratley can throw a tackle in but he’s shit. Has been for ages and yet people were lauding him last season. Why we aren’t using smith and Morgan with all their energy I have no idea. Funny how Miller, jaiyesimi, smith etc all lose their form with us. 
  • Looks like Chuks and Smith on
  • limeygent said:
    I don't remember watching a Charlton side that made me this angry before.
    Hmm i must have a longer memory...but this is down amongst the worst.  Absolutely no case for Bowyer surely....we are being totally outplayed.   How is this any better than (say) the 15-16 relegation rubbish?
  • Long ball to Stockley. How many times have the commentators said that? It seems to be our only plan.

Pratley needs replacing or we'll be playing with ten before long.....again!
  • And Maatsen
  • Sponsored links:

• Maatsen as well
  • The Addicks have emerged for the second half and a number of changes are on their way. #cafc
  • IdleHans said:
    If crowds were allowed the ground would still be empty by now
    A serious point. If there were no season tickets, how many would be coming on a matchday??
    Answers on a postcard to TS.

• EDIT. They've just replayed Stockley's disallowed goal....he was on-side!!! but hey we are shocking despite the poor decision.
    There was the disallowed goal v Burton, too. That's 2 goals in 2 games that should have stood.
    Plus the Ronnie Schwartz goal, v Swindon.

If the the officials can't get it right, perhaps it really is time for VAR - even in League One.

• I can see no possible reason to keep Bowyer as manager. 
    There is no way he can get the best out of this squad. 
    Give a new bloke a chance to assess the squad. 
  • This feels like the Les Reed game against Wycombe. A real rock bottom, totally clueless performance. Not a single redeeming feature I can think of. 
  • edited February 2021
    Three changes at h/t =- Smith, Maatsen and Chuks.

Four with Watson too!
  • Let’s try and be realistic. Very poor effort all round,looks like the players had no idea what to expect - poor preparation? Too much chopping and changing. No consistency. Down to management no doubt. Failing to challenge and attack the ball - Bow is not telling them to do that, is he? That’s down to the players. Two perfectly good goals disallowed in a week, that’s down to officials. We deserve to be two down, but it isn’t all down to Bow. But that said, I think it is time to go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What's Purrington done this time?
  • Ben Watson as well now
  • Garbage 1st half, another desperate throw of the dice with loads of changes at half time
  • 4 subs! Millar and Purrington off? Really?
  • Also Maatsen and Watson?
  • Taken our best player off, Purrington, and our 2 wingers, utter madness
  • Quadruple sub
  • 4 half time subs!?!!! 
  • Might be a first ever in football that?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!