Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• How does Aneke not get a start, best player by a mile, we have a squad full of cowards and hiders
  • Redhenry said:
    Purrington our best player last two games
    Christ . 
  • Oshilaja stood still and watched their forward run through and shoot.

• Great managing that, can't even be bothered to give a team-talk? 
  • It must be so hard for Curbs and Minto to comment on this and not just say we're shit and Bowyer needs to go now.
  • IdleHans said:
    Deji off too before the red. Three at the back and Chuks on.

Or whatever, I dont have a clue. Can I be manager anyway?
    Thanks, Lee. I didn't know you posted on Charlton Life.

• There's bows excuse for the end of the game, looks like stockly was onside to make it 1-1
    So he’s wrong to be annoyed at that? Id be fuming. 

Weak penalty too
  • Sponsored links:

• Our cunning plan is to allow Blackpool to go 3-0 up, and hope that they "do a Van Tam" and allow us to win 4-3
  • Another goal wrongfully disallowed for offside , these sort of decisions will cost us promotion. 
    These sort of performances will cost us promotion 
  • Tbf when we get to January and can off load Bogle and the sick notes and bring 3 or 4 things will be better........ 
  • I don't remember watching a Charlton side that made me this angry before.
  • Bad. Very easy to blame Bowyer, and he's definitely not coming out of this season with much credit, but some of these players are getting away with not doing even the most basic aspects of their jobs. No crowd on their backs and knowing the manager will get the boot before they do I imagine it's easy to stop bothering. You can set up however you like, but if your CB gives away a pen after 9 minutes you're always going to struggle to get a foothold on a game especially when confidence is already low. When Purrington is your best player purely because he always tries and puts in a steady performance it says a lot about what the other players are bothering to turn up with. I'm far angrier with them than anything else. Most of them won't be here next season and I don't think I'll be too upset about that
    Perhaps have a think at why players don't look like they are performing. Could be something to do with the constant changes of formation, and the clear lack of any plan.

DJ has gone from terrorising us to looking likes he barely played football before. Shinnie at the beginning of the season couldn't put a foot wrong, Millar looked dangerous every time he got the ball. Maatsen has gone backwards. Gunter and Watson 'men' as Bowyer would call them who have come from very decent championship pedigree now look shocking. 

Why do you think all these players have regressed?
  • This is still a must win game
    Nah......I think we are safe from relegation this season.

Next season might be a different story if Bows is still in charge though 
  • Just seen the goals, that second is embarrassing.  I would have done my nut at the defenders of the Bromley and Orpington 7th division team I used to play for for that kind of defending.
  • We're now in the bottom half of the table
  • edited February 2021
    Southbank said:
    Oshilaja stood still and watched their forward run through and shoot.
    Cant blame 1 player...they all stood off him.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Purrington our best player last two games
    Christ . 
    Was just saying this to my mate 😂

our midfield is non existent. Pratley clearly too old now (was evident last season). 

3-2
  • Sponsored links:

• We've turned into a boring long-ball midtable League One team. 

I'd rather aim for achieving higher than being that. Bowyer is leading us nowhere. 
    Bowyer is leading us down. Seriously.
  • If we scored from every shot we had in that half we would still be losing 
  • Cant we just give the job to Curbs, he watches every match anyway
  • Some of you are about 3 or 4 minutes ahead of me on the stream  - someone posted 2-0 before I saw it !!!
    You didn't need to be mystic meg to know it was coming

• Great managing that, can't even be bothered to give a team-talk? 
    Its worth a try, cant do any harm 
  • Only player from youth team in the matchday squad today is Harness. Even that does not seem to be working well this season.
  • Lee's a bloody good manager - not his fault...
    Give these posts a rest will you? Every page on this thread! 
  • STOP APOLOGISING FOR BOWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not all our players are shit, it’s not possible.BOWYER ISNT HAVING A POSITIVE EFFECT UPON OUR TEAM, bowyer apologists are you getting it!!!. NO DIRECTION, no pattern of play, no idea.
  • edited February 2021

Great managing that, can't even be bothered to give a team-talk? 
    In his defense he is probably just trying to gain some composure. Imagine being as good as him at football and then you watch people that bad and they can't do the basics. 

I don't want to see any of them here next season unless their names are Stockley, Famewo, Millar, Aneke or Forster-Caskey, maybe Purrington and Oshi as bit parts 

The rest can kick rocks, all a disgrace 
  • Southbank said:
    Stockley onside definitely.

Definitely.

The defender in the middle played him on but as his momentum was moving out and Stockers was goalwards it looked more clear cut for the lino (even though he was wrong).

It wouldn't have amde any difference if it had been given, Blackpool would have re-taken the lead within five minutes.

Absolutely dreadful.

As much as we can blame Bowyer for this, the players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and should refund everyones' streaming fees as compensation.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!