Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    What's the point if bringing Schwartz on now. Just a case of resting Stockley  ?
  • Options
    On ya come Ronnie, nice little confidence booster for you. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    This’ll be interesting. 9 man team now One-touch-Ronnie is one. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I bet Ronnie's relishing this
    Will he touch the ball?
  • Options
    “Ronnie, go and nick 3 goals for us”
  • Options
    LOL all you want - you need to watch a bit more football and see how this happens all the time when a manager has lost it.
    As Scoham says, let us know how many of these players would've got in the 11/12 or 18/19 teams. 

Yes confidence is shot and we shouldn't be THIS bad. A change is probably needed to clear the air more than trying to save our season or any nonsense like that because once again, the players aren't good enough for that.

This squad should be a solid 7th-12th placed group. No doubt that if this carries on we'll finish bottom half.
    You want Bowyer to stay but are happy slagging the players off. See what happens when he goes, I promise you they will all look better.
    The post you've quoted says that a change is needed ie bye bye Bowyer. I don't think we are disagreeing on that point any more. The question is how good are these players? I say not very much, you reckon they are top six quality. I suppose we'll never find out for certain.
    If Bowyer goes before our next game we will find out soon enough.
    Ah I know how this goes.

Bowyer goes, we get a couple of wins in the next few games and you get to tell us you were right all along. Meanwhile, the overall trend of poor results continues and we finish the season in 12-15th.

It'll be very reminiscent of Powell's 2010/11, four wins on the spin followed by free fall.

A dozen or so games ain't going to be enough to know for certain.
  • Options
    Come back is about to start. Hang on to your hats!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I bet Ronnie's relishing this
    if I was him I’d roll my ankle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the point if bringing Schwartz on now. Just a case of resting Stockley  ?
    Because why not? We're 3-0 down ffs. Bring the youth goalie on for all I care
  • Options
    How many passes or chances will Schwartz be given today...
  • Options
    Gutting the pink panther biscuits didn’t turn up on the shopping delivery, day goes from bad to worse!
    Pink panther biscuits is by far the most interesting comment posted on this thread
  • Options
    What a save from Amos - thanks for keeping us in the game. 
  • Options
    Three down and no urgency, still happy to pass back.
  • Options

83' - Demetri Mitchell stings the palms of the Charlton 'keeper.
  • Options
    Amos - not good enough

Gunter - not good enough (squad player)
    Famewo - good enough if fully fit
    Oshilaja - not good enough
    Purrington - not good enough
    Maatsen - immature, not ready

Jaiyesimi - too early to judge, needs to show something soon
    Pratley - not good enough
    Shinnie - not good enough
    Millar - good enough when on form, about as good as we could expect
    Watson - not enough
    Smith - too early to judge

Stockley - good enough
    Washington - not good enough (squad player)
    Aneke - good enough if fully fit

Only three players are good enough to start in a promotion winning team next season, and all three of them are in on loan.

But looking at the signings threads barely anyone was calling Gunter, Watson, Shinnie, Matthews etc "poor player's" the opposite in fact.

And if you look at the signing thread of players like Kermorgant, everyone thought he would be shite. Who knew signings don't always work out the way you expect?
    Bit odd that, based on your assessment, almost none of our signings have worked out. 

Let’s be honest these players should be capable of being competitive at the top end of this division. The fact that they aren’t is in main down to the manager, and whilst they players need to shoulder some of the bland (today has been shameful) we can’t change all of the players - we can change the manager. 
  • Options
    Defence backing off again, Mitchell shoots and Amos parries for a corner.
  • Options
    The ball in from the corner headed over by Mitchell
  • Options
    Chucks red card
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “The sun was in their eyes first half and we didn’t have enough caps for the whole team”
  • Options
    robroy said:

All that tells me is they don’t want to play for him.
  • Options
    85' Red card Aneke. #cafc 0 #bfc 3
  • Options
    Hahahhahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Nathan Shaw is an ugly fucker isn’t he !!!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Amos - not good enough

Gunter - not good enough (squad player)
    Famewo - good enough if fully fit
    Oshilaja - not good enough
    Purrington - not good enough
    Maatsen - immature, not ready

Jaiyesimi - too early to judge, needs to show something soon
    Pratley - not good enough
    Shinnie - not good enough
    Millar - good enough when on form, about as good as we could expect
    Watson - not enough
    Smith - too early to judge

Stockley - good enough
    Washington - not good enough (squad player)
    Aneke - good enough if fully fit

Only three players are good enough to start in a promotion winning team next season, and all three of them are in on loan.

But looking at the signings threads barely anyone was calling Gunter, Watson, Shinnie, Matthews etc "poor player's" the opposite in fact.

And if you look at the signing thread of players like Kermorgant, everyone thought he would be shite. Who knew signings don't always work out the way you expect?
    Bit odd that, based on your assessment, almost none of our signings have worked out. 

Let’s be honest these players should be capable of being competitive at the top end of this division. The fact that they aren’t is in main down to the manager, and whilst they players need to shoulder some of the bland (today has been shameful) we can’t change all of the players - we can change the manager. 
    Agree to disagree.
  • Options
    Tops off the afternoon that does
  • Options
    Its just gets better & better.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!