Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Has the blackpool goalkeeper actually made a save today?
    not yet and not likely

#bowyerout
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    ross1 said:
    Nothing on CAFC twitter mow for 15 minutes, obviously they have given up
    Probably fed up of getting abuse, don’t blame them.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    We want 4... we want 4 
    One would be nice
  • Options
    Most of the time when anyone says they need more luck it's simply trying to paper over other deficiencies.  'Luck' usually evens itself out over a season. We're not unlucky in the last couple of months. We're simply not good enough on the field.   
  • Options
    Amos - not good enough

Gunter - not good enough (squad player)
    Famewo - good enough if fully fit
    Oshilaja - not good enough
    Purrington - not good enough
    Maatsen - immature, not ready

Jaiyesimi - too early to judge, needs to show something soon
    Pratley - not good enough
    Shinnie - not good enough
    Millar - good enough when on form, about as good as we could expect
    Watson - not enough
    Smith - too early to judge

Stockley - good enough
    Washington - not good enough (squad player)
    Aneke - good enough if fully fit

Only three players are good enough to start in a promotion winning team next season, and all three of them are in on loan.

But looking at the signings threads barely anyone was calling Gunter, Watson, Shinnie, Matthews etc "poor player's" the opposite in fact.

And if you look at the signing thread of players like Kermorgant, everyone thought he would be shite. Who knew signings don't always work out the way you expect?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    When does our end of season run begin? The one that has been spoken of as a near fact.
    When that defender gets back, wotsis name Innis Guinness?
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Maybe LB will do TS a favour and resign.
    If he had an ounce of self respect he would do that. This reminds me of Pardews last game. 
    I'm not disagreeing with you but ive read this from various posters over the last 3-4 games.  Yet the last 3-4 games have not been Bowyers last.
    Surely he is in an untenable situation now though?. It just cant carry on.  Played Burton and Blackpool at home. 5 conceded, 1 scored. We have had 1 shot in target today.....1. 
    #bowyerout
    #100%
  • Options
    I wonder if Eddie Howe would see us as a decent project to take on - he has a great record taking sides up from lower divisions
  • Options
    That’s another unnecessary booking from the ref, it a foul. That is all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ward bombing down the right, clipped by Famewo, who gets booked. How many cards are we on now?
  • Options
    Debaser said:
    LOL all you want - you need to watch a bit more football and see how this happens all the time when a manager has lost it.
    As Scoham says, let us know how many of these players would've got in the 11/12 or 18/19 teams. 

Yes confidence is shot and we shouldn't be THIS bad. A change is probably needed to clear the air more than trying to save our season or any nonsense like that because once again, the players aren't good enough for that.

This squad should be a solid 7th-12th placed group. No doubt that if this carries on we'll finish bottom half.
    This is the reason why we are so shit, Bowyer is posting on Charltonlife instead of watching the game. 
    Good one fella.
    Keep regurgitating  whatever Bowyer tells you to, fella.  👍
  • Options
    Some of the other results are going gor us today. If we can put a nice run of wins together, the play offs are still within reach.
    Just not this season
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    There’s no denying we are having zero good luck at the moment. You can say we don’t deserve it, and I’d say you’d have a point but:

Deji’s pen - not a bad decision by the ref, but I’ve a lot wouldn’t have given. When your lucks in it’s not given. 

Stockley goal: wrongly given offside again. Third time in a month we’ve had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Would it have changed the game? Debatable as we’ve been pathetic but results can and do hinge on these moments. 

Pratley sending off: what he did was barely worth a yellow. Idiotic to give the ref the option so Pratley has to accept responsibility but how can the ref even see what Pratley did from 30 to 40 yards away? You shouldn’t be sending players off on a guess. 

Watson penalty: it was a clumsy leg dangle so again poor from Watson, but it’s not a foul. Plainly not a penalty. 

4 big decisions that when you’re in a run of form go your way, when you’re in bad form they just don’t seem to. 

If you're playing well and dominating teams, which we are not doing because we are shit, then you never find yourself in the types of situations where these decisions against you happen. 

Stop trying to sugar coat it. That's the underlying issue here. 
    He has clearly mentioned that we are very poor. We have also been the better side in games we have lost. To suggest that two perfectly good disallowed goals in a week has to do with not dominating teams is born out of frustration, not clear thinking. However, I get why you feel the way you do. 
    I'm sorry but 20 mins on Tuesday and ZERO minutes today being the better side against BURTON AND BLACKPOOL works for you, you need your head tested.

BURTON; and
    BLACKPOOL 

FFS
    Where have I mentioned, hinted or implied it “works for me”? Try reading what I wrote. 
  • Options
    That’s another unnecessary booking from the ref, it a foul. That is all. 
    Been very card happy at times this afternoon
  • Options
    Record numbers of red and yellow cards, yet these are the softest bunch to ever wear the shirt

• Options
    Free kick comes in, but the header back in is put over by Watson or a Blackpool player, and the ref gives a corner.
  • Options

That looks like @DaveMehmet in 1986.
  • Options
    82' SUB | Stockley replaced by Schwartz. #cafc 0 #bfc 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Schwartz on for Stockley 
  • Options
    LOL all you want - you need to watch a bit more football and see how this happens all the time when a manager has lost it.
    As Scoham says, let us know how many of these players would've got in the 11/12 or 18/19 teams. 

Yes confidence is shot and we shouldn't be THIS bad. A change is probably needed to clear the air more than trying to save our season or any nonsense like that because once again, the players aren't good enough for that.

This squad should be a solid 7th-12th placed group. No doubt that if this carries on we'll finish bottom half.
    You want Bowyer to stay but are happy slagging the players off. See what happens when he goes, I promise you they will all look better.
    Of course they’ll look better, they’d struggle to look worse.

They’re not good enough however for a complete turn around. Comparable to the 17/18 team at their very best and that side was never going to win the playoffs.
  • Options
    Ball in from the corner cleared away by Watson, and now we're up the other  end, and Schwartz is coming on for Stockley.
  • Options
    Don’t worry, 4 goal Ronnie is on. 
  • Options
    I bet Ronnie's relishing this
  • Options
    This is the longest 2nd half ever ain’t it...god it’s dire...
  • Options
    Look at Shwartz  body language , says it all
  • Options
    And now Schwartz given less than 10 minutes to do anything. Not that he'll get any service anyway
  • Options
    Chuks makes a surging run into the area, but the ball's nicked off his toes.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!