Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• This is the sort of performance that would prompt  protests outside the West Stand at the end of the game. I remember the 5-goal home defeats that were the end of the road for Eddie Firmani and Pardew but it looks as if Blackpool have decided to go easy on us.

Can Bowyer really survive this ? 

We need a reset
  • Bowyer will not walk and if people want to put that down to loyalty, so be it. 
    No Manager walks anymore regardless 

Surprised people even think that Bowyer would do differently 
  • This is torture. Blow the final whistle ref and put us out of our misery.
  • Bowyer will not walk and if people want to put that down to loyalty, so be it. 
    Oh they will don’t you worry.... 
  • @golfaddick do you think you posts on this match thread have been less / same / or more than normal ??
  • limeygent said:
    Maybe LB will do TS a favour and resign.
    If he had an ounce of self respect he would do that. This reminds me of Pardews last game. 
    I'm not disagreeing with you but ive read this from various posters over the last 3-4 games.  Yet the last 3-4 games have not been Bowyers last.
    Surely he is in an untenable situation now though?. It just cant carry on.  Played Burton and Blackpool at home. 5 conceded, 1 scored. We have had 1 shot in target today.....1. 
  • Embleton goes down the left, overhits his cross, but another Balckpool player sends it back in and Amos collects.
  • Surely Bowyer won’t be here on monday?
  • Sponsored links:

• 70'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Chris Gunter tries a through ball, but Adedeji Oshilaja is caught offside.

• Bows can come out and say Pratley will never play for me again. Good chance that will turn out to be true
  • edited February 2021
    There’s no denying we are having zero good luck at the moment. You can say we don’t deserve it, and I’d say you’d have a point but:

Deji’s pen - not a bad decision by the ref, but I’ve a lot wouldn’t have given. When your lucks in it’s not given. 

Stockley goal: wrongly given offside again. Third time in a month we’ve had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Would it have changed the game? Debatable as we’ve been pathetic but results can and do hinge on these moments. 

Pratley sending off: what he did was barely worth a yellow. Idiotic to give the ref the option so Pratley has to accept responsibility but how can the ref even see what Pratley did from 30 to 40 yards away? You shouldn’t be sending players off on a guess. 

Watson penalty: it was a clumsy leg dangle so again poor from Watson, but it’s not a foul. Plainly not a penalty. 

4 big decisions that when you’re in a run of form go your way, when you’re in bad form they just don’t seem to. 

If you're playing well and dominating teams, which we are not doing because we are shit, then you never find yourself in the types of situations where these decisions against you happen. 

Stop trying to sugar coat it. That's the underlying issue here. 
    Exiled has clearly mentioned that we are very poor. We have also been the better side in games we have lost. To suggest that two perfectly good disallowed goals in a week has to do with not dominating teams is born out of frustration, not clear thinking. However, I get why you feel the way you do. 
  • Smith plays ball wide to Maatsen who manages to keep the ball in despite stumbling, and wins us a corner on the left.
  • Every single player is now worst than they were at the start of the season, LB has to take responsibility for that. We are an atrocious football team.
  • 2 corners and the highly praised Shinnie delivers NOT again. When Bowyer pins his hope on such a dreadful player you have to wonder.
  • Wonder if Thomas has kept his receipt?, might be able to get his money back!
  • Disappointed they took Kaikai off, a goal from him was going to be the icing on this crap-cake....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Surely Bowyer won’t be here on monday?
    Mmmmm where have i heard that before
  • One small glimmer of positive out of today is smith looks tidy

To be honest, I’m not that bothered if his hair is neat and his shirt nicely tucked in
  • High looping corner from Shinnie, Maxwell flaps a bit, but the defender clears.
  • I’m only keeping the stream on to play Bowyer post match Bingo...
  • How many times can that Simms get away with fouls before being booked? 

Honestly the ref is worst we have had this season and we have had some right useless ones!

Don't be a dick. It hasn't been good enough without the ref. Just making a point that the ref is really poor.
    Easy tiger. No need for name calling.
    It was obviously a joke.

But as it happens, the ref’s performance is irrelevant to this result. He got both penno decisions and the sending off right. He’s made some mistakes, but has been miles away from being the worst ref this season. You can’t even blame him for the Stockley offside. So I’d say grasping at straws is pretty accurate.
    1. 74'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 74'

Post update

Foul by Jordan Lawrence-Gabriel (Blackpool).

• Now Stockley gets pushed in the back, and we have a free kick midway in their half.
  • LOL all you want - you need to watch a bit more football and see how this happens all the time when a manager has lost it.
    As Scoham says, let us know how many of these players would've got in the 11/12 or 18/19 teams. 

Yes confidence is shot and we shouldn't be THIS bad. A change is probably needed to clear the air more than trying to save our season or any nonsense like that because once again, the players aren't good enough for that.

This squad should be a solid 7th-12th placed group. No doubt that if this carries on we'll finish bottom half.
    The way these jokers are performing I wouldn't even pick them for the U11s.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!