Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• limeygent said:
    Maybe LB will do TS a favour and resign.
    If he had an ounce of self respect he would do that. This reminds me of Pardews last game. 
  • LB should have taken him off at half time - LB totally at fault 
    No, Pratley is totally at fault. Bowyer could have taken him off, and obviously should have, but Pratley is a senior pro, 35 years old who's done something like that after 2 minutes of the second half while on a booking. No excuse for Pratley
    You must be one of a very small minority that did not think that Prately should be taken off by LB . Everyone who has watch Prately over the last 3 years knows what he is like . As a manager you need to manage these issues not just expect your players to be sensible because Prately has done it before - even once earlier in the season!! 
  • I hate this team. Not one player I like.
    hear hear
  • edited February 2021
    Good job the fan’s arn’t there!!
  • Karel Fraeye is watching this on TV and thinking he could do a better job
    He did use to play more than 2 left backs a game, that’s for sure
  • That's what happens when you take your wide men off - defenders put in crap crosses.
  • Chuks manages to get the ball wide while down on the ground. Gunter's cross evades everyone and gets chested back to the keeper.
  • edited February 2021
    Amos - not good enough

Gunter - not good enough (squad player)
    Famewo - good enough if fully fit
    Oshilaja - not good enough
    Purrington - not good enough
    Maatsen - immature, not ready

Jaiyesimi - too early to judge, needs to show something soon
    Pratley - not good enough
    Shinnie - not good enough
    Millar - good enough when on form, about as good as we could expect
    Watson - not enough
    Smith - too early to judge

Stockley - good enough
    Washington - not good enough (squad player)
    Aneke - good enough if fully fit

Only three players are good enough to start in a promotion winning team next season, and all three of them are in on loan.
    You wait to see how much better they will look under a decent manager. Going to watch the Rugby too and won't be buying another VP game until Bowyer is gone.
  • How many times can that Simms get away with fouls before being booked? 

Honestly the ref is worst we have had this season and we have had some right useless ones!
  • Sponsored links:

• BBC website says we’ve had one attempt at goal, but I can’t remember it.
  • Okay, I know what to expect by writing this. I think we have some good players at this level. Not for one moment do I think we need a host of new signings. We need a manager who can get them playing together as a team. 
    We need a host of new signings to get promoted next season.

We need a new manager give the team a lift and get the last few results we need to stay up.
  • robroy said:
    Giving away two pens and a sending off is not Bowyers fault. 
    The phrase “The buck stops here comes to mind”. Too many games with 3-4 changes to players starting, too many stupid defensive errors, too many games requiring 2+ subs at half time and a change in formation and too many stupid red cards. Fair or not, usually the manager pays the price.
  • Have we had an attempt on goal? I can’t remember if we’ve had one other than there disallowed goal?
    1. 63'

Post update

Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 63'

Post update

Foul by Ellis Simms (Blackpool).

• edited February 2021
    I hate this team. Not one player I like.
    Exactly how I feel. I like Stockley but he's not ours, I like Famewo but he's also a loan, Chuks but he's gone and Jake because he has great hair. 

Find myself just hating the rest of them. Massive clear out needed

Sorry to sound disloyal but I am talking every player, Lee, Jacko and Gallen. All to blame collectively
  • No pace in the side whatsoever. Means we are always on the back foot and second to every ball it seems. Result is a totally turgid display, constant free kick giveaway, and panic when we do get the ball. Zero entertainment. Not helped by the biased (cringingly so) commentary. 
  • I hate this team. Not one player I like.
    Famewo and Aneke are alright and can't blame Stockley or Millar really but in the main I agree.

• Sponsored links:

• The players lucky no home fans in the stadium. They would be deafend by the chant you are not fit to wear the shirt. That goes for the lot of them.
  • edited February 2021
    One small glimmer of positive out of today is smith looks tidy

Edit, as he cant control a simple pass in the middle of the pitch
  • On a bright note we are only 5 points off a playoff contention.
  • Maatsen looked so good when be first came to us. He's absolute garbage now. What does that tell you?
  • Good job our shoppings just arrived!
  • How many times can that Simms get away with fouls before being booked? 

Honestly the ref is worst we have had this season and we have had some right useless ones!

•  Is anyone genuinely surprised at this??
  • 67' - Time for another Blackpool substitution - in association with @UtilityTeamUK:
    on Elliot Embleton
    off Jerry Yates
  • Just tells you how useless Pratley has been that we’ve barely missed having him on.
  • Uboat said:
    Hi everyone. Just checking in. How’s the game going?
    Periscope up, @Uboat

How's the game going? ..... We've just been torpedo-ed. And sinking fast.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!