Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• "Are you watching Jon Van Tam? 
    Are you watch-ing Jon-Van-Tam?"
  • Amos - not good enough

Gunter - not good enough (squad player)
    Famewo - good enough if fully fit
    Oshilaja - not good enough
    Purrington - not good enough
    Maatsen - immature, not ready

Jaiyesimi - too early to judge, needs to show something soon
    Pratley - not good enough
    Shinnie - not good enough
    Millar - good enough when on form, about as good as we could expect
    Watson - not enough
    Smith - too early to judge

Stockley - good enough
    Washington - not good enough (squad player)
    Aneke - good enough if fully fit

Only three players are good enough to start in a promotion winning team next season, and all three of them are in on loan.
    You wait to see how much better they will look under a decent manager. Going to watch the Rugby too and won't be buying another VP game until Bowyer is gone.
    I’m in not doubt the truth is somewhere in between.

Bowyer needs to go but this isn’t a promotion winning squad. How many would get in the 11/12 or 18/19 side?
  • if Blackpool get 4 in front we get to put an extra player on the pitch 
  • I'm just beginning to think we can keep this down to 3 with a bit of luck.
  • LOL all you want - you need to watch a bit more football and see how this happens all the time when a manager has lost it.
  • limeygent said:
    Maybe LB will do TS a favour and resign.
    If he had an ounce of self respect he would do that. This reminds me of Pardews last game. 
    I'm not disagreeing with you but ive read this from various posters over the last 3-4 games.  Yet the last 3-4 games have not been Bowyers last.
  • How many times can that Simms get away with fouls before being booked? 

Honestly the ref is worst we have had this season and we have had some right useless ones!

Don't be a dick. It hasn't been good enough without the ref. Just making a point that the ref is really poor.
  • edited February 2021
    Stockley wins us a corner from the left.
  • Good job our shoppings just arrived!
    Why? You ordered a load of cyanide? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Opened a bottle of Malbec - expect to finish it by 5.50 ...
  • Croydon said:
    Maatsen looked so good when be first came to us. He's absolute garbage now. What does that tell you?
    Add most players to the list
  • Posh 0 Wigan 1
  • Smith instead of Albie?  Why?
    I don't understand
    I really don't 
  • Hope they score a couple more ....LB will have to go then 
  • Bet there player Yates is gutted being taken off, if Heve was gonna ever score an easier hatrick,it woulda been today
  • Croydon said:
    Maatsen looked so good when be first came to us. He's absolute garbage now. What does that tell you?
    That opposing teams had footage on him playing men's football where they could analyse and expose his weaknesses perhaps?
    1. 69'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Ellis Simms.

2. 68'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Danny Ballard.

• Corner cleared but comes back in again to Deji and his header rebounds for another corner, this time from the right.
  • I've bought every stream apart from the Tin Pot cup games.....but I wont be buying the game against Wigan, its breaking my heart watching this shambles. So sad, so very very sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get Shinnie off corner duty ffs  !!!
  • Bowyer: Prats, Ben, you’re my best mates. I’m running out of excuses. Any chance you could take some of the focus away from me?
    Pratley: Leave it to us boss.
    Watson: Yep. No worries. We’ve got you.
    Not bothered watching today,so following on here. Sod the match, there has been some cracking gallows humour on offer , but this one is way out in front. Never thought I'd be laughing so much with Charlton 3-0 down at home in league 1.
  • ross1 said:
    Posh 0 Wigan 1
    Wigan hit form for next Tuesday.
  • ross1 said:
    Posh 0 Wigan 1
    Ah, the promotion bid is back on. Come on boys! 
  • Bowyer will not walk and if people want to put that down to loyalty, so be it. 
  • Christ... So many offsides today
  • That one was easily cleared, but we send the ball back forward but Deji gets done for offside?
  • Croydon said:
    That opposing teams had footage on him playing men's football where they could analyse and expose his weaknesses perhaps?
    Since when did his weaknesses include an inability to make a 5 yard pass?

He's gone back massively as a footballer.
  • One small glimmer of positive out of today is smith looks tidy

Edit, as he cant control a simple pass in the middle of the pitch
    Who cares how good a player who won't be here beyond the summer is? Mid table mediocrity or worse, there's no point in playing someone who we have no chance of signing now, better to prepare for next season and give youngsters some blooding
  • Consolation goal would be nice, now let me think who deserves it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!