Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    I only care about the Aneke red if we get a new manager in.
  • Options
    Im even jealous of a side like Plymouth at the moment. 

I hate football.
  • Options
    Can I buy the stream after the final whistle? My popcorn will be ready by then....
  • Options
    Just logged on. How’s it going? 
    Golfie went away for a bit but now he's back. 
  • Options
    Got to drive in next 10 mins. Think I’m going to wait until I post on the post match thread as I’ll be on page 15 by 5:30.
  • Options
    I think the mods should consider suspending the site for about an hour! 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Can I buy the stream after the final whistle? My popcorn will be ready by then....
    Just read the Post Match Views instead? 
  • Options
    LOL all you want - you need to watch a bit more football and see how this happens all the time when a manager has lost it.
    As Scoham says, let us know how many of these players would've got in the 11/12 or 18/19 teams. 

Yes confidence is shot and we shouldn't be THIS bad. A change is probably needed to clear the air more than trying to save our season or any nonsense like that because once again, the players aren't good enough for that.

This squad should be a solid 7th-12th placed group. No doubt that if this carries on we'll finish bottom half.
    You want Bowyer to stay but are happy slagging the players off. See what happens when he goes, I promise you they will all look better.
    The post you've quoted says that a change is needed ie bye bye Bowyer. I don't think we are disagreeing on that point any more. The question is how good are these players? I say not very much, you reckon they are top six quality. I suppose we'll never find out for certain.
    If Bowyer goes before our next game we will find out soon enough.
    Ah I know how this goes.

Bowyer goes, we get a couple of wins in the next few games and you get to tell us you were right all along. Meanwhile, the overall trend of poor results continues and we finish the season in 12-15th.

It'll be very reminiscent of Powell's 2010/11, four wins on the spin followed by free fall.

A dozen or so games ain't going to be enough to know for certain.
    So he goes and we instantly improve and it doesn't prove anything to you. Do you think the world is flat btw. Of course we could get worse :) Then you can put it all on the players can't you?
    So do you think that 2010/11 squad was good enough for promotion because Powell won his first four games in charge?
    Are you terrified of being proven wrong? :)
    Not at all - I'd love to be wrong. Something tells me I won't. :)
  • Options
    Maatsen crosses in from the left, but no-one in there but Shinnie and it goes over his head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Blackpool will be gutted if this finishes 3-0
    They should be embarrassed. 
  • Options
    TBH I might even take back my "good enough" rating on Famewo if he carries on the way he is.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Amos - not good enough

Gunter - not good enough (squad player)
    Famewo - good enough if fully fit
    Oshilaja - not good enough
    Purrington - not good enough
    Maatsen - immature, not ready

Jaiyesimi - too early to judge, needs to show something soon
    Pratley - not good enough
    Shinnie - not good enough
    Millar - good enough when on form, about as good as we could expect
    Watson - not enough
    Smith - too early to judge

Stockley - good enough
    Washington - not good enough (squad player)
    Aneke - good enough if fully fit

Only three players are good enough to start in a promotion winning team next season, and all three of them are in on loan.
    You wait to see how much better they will look under a decent manager. Going to watch the Rugby too and won't be buying another VP game until Bowyer is gone.
    I’m in not doubt the truth is somewhere in between.

Bowyer needs to go but this isn’t a promotion winning squad. How many would get in the 11/12 or 18/19 side?
    3 or 4 probably.  They would all get in the squad 
    Which says it all. Too many average players to make a promotion winning side, even with a better manager. 
  • Options
    I wonder of Bows will resign during the interview after the game? Wouldn't surprise me
  • Options
    has bowyer gone yet?
  • Options
    Reminds me of Blackpool away, when we needed a win to avoid relegation many moons ago. Plenty of hype that we would win or go down fighting. Do or die game, and we lost 5-0
  • Options
    90'+4'

Post update

Foul by Matthew Smith (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Don’t let the lows get too low!!
    Another match like this and we'll be so low we'll be in touching distance of the Earth's core.
  • Options
    Famewo intercepts but gets clipped slightly and his heavy touch means Blackpool intercept, and Maatsen has to clear from the attack..
  • Options
    This makes Wigan a MUST win game....... !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder of Bows will resign during the interview after the game? Wouldn't surprise me
    🤞
  • Options
    FT 0-3
  • Options
    Am surprised Blackpool didnt take it to the corner flag at any stage
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Blackpool will be gutted if this finishes 3-0
    I am
  • Options
    LOL all you want - you need to watch a bit more football and see how this happens all the time when a manager has lost it.
    As Scoham says, let us know how many of these players would've got in the 11/12 or 18/19 teams. 

Yes confidence is shot and we shouldn't be THIS bad. A change is probably needed to clear the air more than trying to save our season or any nonsense like that because once again, the players aren't good enough for that.

This squad should be a solid 7th-12th placed group. No doubt that if this carries on we'll finish bottom half.
    You want Bowyer to stay but are happy slagging the players off. See what happens when he goes, I promise you they will all look better.
    The post you've quoted says that a change is needed ie bye bye Bowyer. I don't think we are disagreeing on that point any more. The question is how good are these players? I say not very much, you reckon they are top six quality. I suppose we'll never find out for certain.
    Ah I know how this goes.

Bowyer goes, we get a couple of wins in the next few games and you get to tell us you were right all along. Meanwhile, the overall trend of poor results continues and we finish the season in 12-15th.

It'll be very reminiscent of Powell's 2010/11, four wins on the spin followed by free fall.

12-15th would genuinely be an improvement on where Bowyer is taking us. 

We've been in relegation form for 2 months. Do you honestly believe this squad is one of the worst 3 in the league? If so, you're deluded. 
  • Options

Ah I know how this goes.

So he goes and we instantly improve and it doesn't prove anything to you. Do you think the world is flat btw. Of course we could get worse :) Then you can put it all on the players can't you?
    So do you think that 2010/11 squad was good enough for promotion because Powell won his first four games in charge?
    Are you terrified of being proven wrong? :)
    Not at all - I'd love to be wrong. Something tells me I won't. :)
    Well join the rest of us calling for the manager to go and maybe you will get what you love. You have clearly called it right so far.
  • Options
    Now Blackpool have a free kick right by the corner flag, but just run the clock down.
  • Options
    You telling me Lapslie isn't as good as any of our midfield 

That's a management decision. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!