Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Stig said:
    Croydon said:
    Our average positions on Saturday. Grim viewing.

On the face of it, that looks shocking (which as we know from watching the game and seeing the result, it was).  But it might make more sense if we could see Blackpool's positions overlaid on the same map.  The big questions for me there are:
    • Why is there a such a gulf between our centre backs, have they had a row?
    • Why is there a hole in midfield like that - it certainly explains their second goal; there are sheep shearers in Kiwirrkura that have less space to run around in than Virtue-Thick did?
    • Why are Pratley and Shinnie practically marking each other.  Did Blackpool sign Kevin De Bruyne and we felt that we needed to double up on him?
    I'd like to see the Burton pitch map too, as we had a different formation for that game but would have been just as unbalanced to the left

That match had Millar on the left wing/left inside forward, Purrington as left wing back AND Deji as an overlapping left sided CB!

Ask and you shall receive....

This is against Burton. Purrington further forward than Stockley
    Another great gaping whole in the middle.
  • Options
    Chuks red wrong!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    You are and me are more honest then some of those players oohaa, Mathew's is only here because he couldn't find anyone else to pay him, Gunter, Watson and Washington the same. Deji will be gone, Bowyer doesn't rate him, Forster Caskey wouldn't have had too many suitors after being out injured for a good proportion of the season and the same could be said of Aneke, a player who I think will see what's out there first before signing up again. Pearce, Pratley would never have got a contract anywhere else so took up the option. That doesn't leave that many who see Charlton as their future but you are right you think they would give their all till their contracts end but I have yet to see them pointing fingers or berating each other because of the goals conceded. 
    Are you telling me all other clubs have players loaded up on long term contracts no old uns  and welsh internationals that no one signed or players who made 45 appearances in the Championship last year for a team who finished 7th ...
    Nope not having it
    excuse after excuse for an under performing maanger
    yes the players are culpable but the manager is the one who knits it all together and is where the buck stops
    No, but their squads were bought and settled long before Charltons because of the embargo and East St investments trying to make a fast buck, we were playing Charlie Barker and having kids on the bench. Did you hear off us fighting the competition for Matthews, Washington, Watson, Gunter and Bogle, no because nobody wanted them. Gunter has performed better than most but he is allegedly the highest paid player on the books. Back to what I am suggesting, those players are going backwards, contrast that with Morgan or some of the loan players. You have to have winners and some of our players don't want to win enough. 
    Gunter has performed better than most?
    As I right back I think he has done ok too.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    You are and me are more honest then some of those players oohaa, Mathew's is only here because he couldn't find anyone else to pay him, Gunter, Watson and Washington the same. Deji will be gone, Bowyer doesn't rate him, Forster Caskey wouldn't have had too many suitors after being out injured for a good proportion of the season and the same could be said of Aneke, a player who I think will see what's out there first before signing up again. Pearce, Pratley would never have got a contract anywhere else so took up the option. That doesn't leave that many who see Charlton as their future but you are right you think they would give their all till their contracts end but I have yet to see them pointing fingers or berating each other because of the goals conceded. 
    Are you telling me all other clubs have players loaded up on long term contracts no old uns  and welsh internationals that no one signed or players who made 45 appearances in the Championship last year for a team who finished 7th ...
    Nope not having it
    excuse after excuse for an under performing maanger
    yes the players are culpable but the manager is the one who knits it all together and is where the buck stops
    No, but their squads were bought and settled long before Charltons because of the embargo and East St investments trying to make a fast buck, we were playing Charlie Barker and having kids on the bench. Did you hear off us fighting the competition for Matthews, Washington, Watson, Gunter and Bogle, no because nobody wanted them. Gunter has performed better than most but he is allegedly the highest paid player on the books. Back to what I am suggesting, those players are going backwards, contrast that with Morgan or some of the loan players. You have to have winners and some of our players don't want to win enough. 
    They weren't.  It's not true. Sunderland's yes, Hull's yes, Portsmouth's yes.  Everyone else's weren't.  Doncaster have signed more than 20 players since we signed Washington and Gilbey.  Accrington and Lincoln are both well into double figures.

If no one wanted Watson (which isn't true as Forest offered him a new contract) why is he on so much money?  If him and Gunter were both out of work and unwanted we would have paid them the 1.7k or less wouldn't we?  If you do the maths it's quite obvious they are on MUCH more than that. 

Washington we actually paid some sort of fee for, he already had a job.  Bogle was so not in demand when released him after 3 months to a team above us in the league.  Managed by a guy that's just netted himself a job in the championship.

Johnny Williams (points per game this season when he started was 2.5 BTW) was so shit he got a move to a championship club.

Yes we were hampered, it was far from perfect, but this isn't a squad, nor ever has been, of dross, waifs or strays. 
    Yes, the likes of Watson, Gunter, Maddison and Matthews were hanging on as we were the only interested club able to pay the wages they wanted. Or were near Ben Watson's house
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Blackpool fan here in peace. Firstly, thanks to all you guys who supported us and backed us in the turbulent twisted vile days of the Oyston family ownership. It's massively appreciated and it's good to see you rid of Roland Douchebag. 

Onto the game yesterday. Pool are on a decent run, we only took 7 pts from our first 9 games this season, mostly due to the fact we signed about 20 new players in the summer and they hadn't integrated as a team, but it's looking decent for us of late. 

As for the match, i though the ref was a bit weak. I agree with both red cards, but not the second penalty, it was softer than soft and i think Yates played for it bigtime. As for the Addicks, i felt sorry for you. Blackpool won every second ball, wanted it more, showed more fight and passion, and that shouldn't ever be allowed to happen. If you pull on a shirt, no matter who you play for, you've got to give your all, and some of the performances yesterday by your team were abysmal and i said to my family at full time, if i'd have been a Charlton fan i'd have been disgusted with the lack of effort. 

Expected the kitchen sink in the second half, but 4 changes was a big surprise. Thought your left winger was the best of the bunch, he got into good positions several times. Sorry for the shitty day, good luck with the rest of the season and thanks again from the Seaside. 

Hope your right back recovers from Pratleys brutal assault and he regains his sight/starts walking again soon lol

I said earlier, I'd be embarrassed if one of ours did the same as three of yours and the surrounding pack, but hey, maybe we should be more "streetwise"?

On a serious note, you lot have been through a shit time recently,  so good luck to you pal and thanks for posting 
    I wouldn't be embarrassed if it was the other way round. Pratley was the one who should be embarrassed. He knew he was on a booking and getting sent off would let down his team mates.
    Bit of a witch hunt on here for pratley in my opinion. Didn't deserve the 1st yellow. 2nd yellow comes after their lad takes the ball but cleans him out. Excessive force as Bow correctly pointed out. The fullbacks hand catches Darren full in the face as he goes to ground, probably deliberately. Should pratley have rolled around in agony holding his eyes? Maybe! I'd be embarrassed if he did though! The Blackpool players reaction and that of his colleagues was fucking ridiculous. Racing over, one player pushing him two handed on the chest, but i thought "raising your hands" was a red these days? No action. Just cheating by Blackpool in my eyes, and they showed it again for the 2nd pen and over reaction to a collision with chucks and their lad for the 2nd sending off.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Blackpool fan here in peace. Firstly, thanks to all you guys who supported us and backed us in the turbulent twisted vile days of the Oyston family ownership. It's massively appreciated and it's good to see you rid of Roland Douchebag. 

Onto the game yesterday. Pool are on a decent run, we only took 7 pts from our first 9 games this season, mostly due to the fact we signed about 20 new players in the summer and they hadn't integrated as a team, but it's looking decent for us of late. 

As for the match, i though the ref was a bit weak. I agree with both red cards, but not the second penalty, it was softer than soft and i think Yates played for it bigtime. As for the Addicks, i felt sorry for you. Blackpool won every second ball, wanted it more, showed more fight and passion, and that shouldn't ever be allowed to happen. If you pull on a shirt, no matter who you play for, you've got to give your all, and some of the performances yesterday by your team were abysmal and i said to my family at full time, if i'd have been a Charlton fan i'd have been disgusted with the lack of effort. 

Expected the kitchen sink in the second half, but 4 changes was a big surprise. Thought your left winger was the best of the bunch, he got into good positions several times. Sorry for the shitty day, good luck with the rest of the season and thanks again from the Seaside. 

Hope your right back recovers from Pratleys brutal assault and he regains his sight/starts walking again soon lol

I said earlier, I'd be embarrassed if one of ours did the same as three of yours and the surrounding pack, but hey, maybe we should be more "streetwise"?

On a serious note, you lot have been through a shit time recently,  so good luck to you pal and thanks for posting 
    I wouldn't be embarrassed if it was the other way round. Pratley was the one who should be embarrassed. He knew he was on a booking and getting sent off would let down his team mates.
    Bit of a witch hunt on here for pratley in my opinion. Didn't deserve the 1st yellow. 2nd yellow comes after their lad takes the ball but cleans him out. Excessive force as Bow correctly pointed out. The fullbacks hand catches Darren full in the face as he goes to ground, probably deliberately. Should pratley have rolled around in agony holding his eyes? Maybe! I'd be embarrassed if he did though! The Blackpool players reaction and that of his colleagues was fucking ridiculous. Racing over, one player pushing him two handed on the chest, but i thought "raising your hands" was a red these days? No action. Just cheating by Blackpool in my eyes, and they showed it again for the 2nd pen and over reaction to a collision with chucks and their lad for the 2nd sending off.
    His first yellow was for cumulative offences. Pratley reacted for the 2nd yellow by pushing his hand into his neck, a bookable offence

Chuks caught the player with his arm. The other Blackpool player didn't chase the referee, it was the referee's choice to issue a red, whereas yellow would have been the correct decision, as it was an accidental collision.

Yes the second penalty was a dive by the Blackpool player, but how many times has Millar dived since he joined us? How many times did Jonny Williams earn free kicks for us from minimal contact?
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Don't be surprised if he is playing centre half tomorrow with Mathews in at full back 
    Yea because that’s been so successful hasn’t it 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thin margins of success in a shit back four Cafc. The last time they played together was at Bristol, we won that and they both played well so I will pin that to the wall as a success. I still believe Gunter is a better center half than Deji though, not really a fan of Deji as you can see. 
  • Options
    I like Pratley and the majority of my posts about him are positive. On this occasion I think he let himself and the team down. Hardly a witch hunt from me at least!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Just seen the lowlights and how much time and space did the Blackpool player want for the second goal!!!  Had enough time to throw his cap on the ball and pick his spot. Bowyers excuse about officials killing us makes sense too because they were at fault for all of our zero shots on target.....
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Bailey said:
    Thin margins of success in a shit back four Cafc. The last time they played together was at Bristol, we won that and they both played well so I will pin that to the wall as a success. I still believe Gunter is a better center half than Deji though, not really a fan of Deji as you can see. 
    The defence can be as good as any defence but when the midfield run around with no shape and look like headless chickens when it has possesion it's just defence v attack training session every week we have to endure. Against pretty average opposition. 
  • Options
    I like Pratley and the majority of my posts about him are positive. On this occasion I think he let himself and the team down. Hardly a witch hunt from me at least!
    Wasn't digging you out personally, just think there's a lot of over reaction with comments like "he should never play again" etc. We all see the game differently, that's the beauty of it all I guess. COYA
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:

His first yellow was for cumulative offences. Pratley reacted for the 2nd yellow by pushing his hand into his neck, a bookable offence

Chuks caught the player with his arm. The other Blackpool player didn't chase the referee, it was the referee's choice to issue a red, whereas yellow would have been the correct decision, as it was an accidental collision.

Yes the second penalty was a dive by the Blackpool player, but how many times has Millar dived since he joined us? How many times did Jonny Williams earn free kicks for us from minimal contact?
    Just cause AN Other does it, doesn't make it right. Diving pisses me off, so does play acting. Doesn't matter whether its Neymar, Blackpool or Liam Millar. Its wrong. I reserve the right to change my opinion if we get a dubious decision in our favour tonight though! COYA