Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021

aliwibble said:
    Scott Minto asking how we turn this around. Bowyer saying you have to look at who's constantly at fault during games, and suggests he's already decided who that is, but doesn't say who.
    Somehow not Pratley, I would imagine.
  • Options
    Think the red mist has descended for many on here and things are being heard that aren't said.
    Callumcafc said:
    He said Washington had an opportunity to stake a claim for a place in the team next week and he didn't take it. He used Conor as an example to make a wider point about the fact that everyone in the squad is doing the same - no-one is coming into the side and grabbing the shirt.

Hang on, you’re right with what you say here, but he did also say Washington should be shouting and screaming at me to put him in. I didn’t imagine that.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Shots on target - NIL
    My interest in the rest of the season - NIL
    Shots on target nil must be a record.
    I think we can break it!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Fucking hell.
    Listening to Bowyer is embarrassing.
    Now digging out Washington for not complaining about being out the side.
    That wasn't what he said. He was saying that Washington's performance wasn't forcing him to put him back in the side.
    No, he said he should be screaming at him to put him in.
    In the context of the sentence, that was almost certainly a metaphor.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scott Minto asking how we turn this around. Bowyer saying you have to look at who's constantly at fault during games, and suggests he's already decided who that is, but doesn't say who.

He probably means the Referee.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Jason Pearce
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I cannot believe that there are still people paying to watch the streams. That’s not a criticism. I just can’t believe it. 
    Sounds like a criticism, is your disbelief out of admiration or pity
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    Fucking hell.
    Listening to Bowyer is embarrassing.
    Now digging out Washington for not complaining about being out the side.
    That wasn't what he said. He was saying that Washington's performance wasn't forcing him to put him back in the side.
    No, he said he should be screaming at him to put him in.
    In the context of the sentence, that was almost certainly a metaphor.
    Well maybe. But you said he didn’t say that. So it is what he said then?
    And even if it was metaphorical, he’s still digging out an individual. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Himself? 
  • Options
    I would ask Curbs, Day and Peacock to come back (providing they are all still alive) and replace Bowyer, Jackson and the other bloke.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Not one shot on target ~ enough said. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021

“The real reason” - wonder what that secret might be?
  • Options
    Give us the real reason then?
  • Options
    Just 3 points from me as I'm too depressed to comment further.

1) Pratley should never play for this club again. What he did today was ridiculous.

I still can't believe how many people were praising him to high Heaven after the MK Dons game. To me, he's contributed nothing for months - when we attack he inevitably slows the play down or plays the ball back and we lose all momentum. And he is simply a red card waiting to happen at the moment.

And yet Bowyer has played him in every game this season apart from the Northampton and the ones where he was suspended.

2) I'd genuinely like to know what all those calling Schwartz a dud think of Jaiyesimi. He surely can't be as bad as he has looked in these last 2 home games? Can he?

If Bowyer has pushed Williams out for this young man, it looks a crazy decision at the moment  

3) Albie Morgan must be sitting at home tonight laughing his head off. I can just see him texting his close friends at the club with a stream of laughing emojis.

Bowyer clearly doesn't like him and proves the point by bringing in a young Matt Smith who looks lost. Again abysmal management.

Surely TS is on the phone at the moment to a replacement manager ? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    RedRyan said:

“The real reason” - wonder what that secret might be?
    Just tell us what it is can't be any worse than some of the previous digging out of players 
  • Options
    Good point from Curbs and Lisbie. What can you do as managerial staff when you trust a player to be your captain and they go ahead and do that 1 minute in to second half when already on a yellow. 
    Maybe not even have him on the pitch in the first place when everyone could see it was going to happen. 4 subs at half time, which is bad enough, and not the bloke who was a ticking time bomb. 

If 99% of Charlton Life could see what was going to happen why couldn't Lee Bowyer? 
    He subbed someone just a few weeks back because they were on a yellow & didn't want to risk a red.