Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Lisbie was right but what he didn't know was that Pratley getting a red was likely!
  • Options

Utterly appalling. A flaccid and vacuous performance against a bang-ordinary team – we mustered just two shots in the entire game, neither of which was on target. Pitiful.

Blackpool were playing keep-ball at the end. After 30 consecutive passes, we intercepted – and lost possession with the second pass. That speaks volumes. Our approach play is pedestrian and plodding – there is no spark or surprise, no flash of danger. Apart from Millar. Poor Jaiyesimi made wrong decisions when advancing; he’s been Charltonised already.

Amos has become a liability within just a few games; witness the innocuous shot late in the second half that he fluffed for a corner. The second penalty seemed harsh; Aneke’s straight red looks justified when the elbow is seen in slow motion.

Almost zero chance of the play-offs. We are shyte.

• Options
    Yes and meanwhile back in the dressing room the players are whispering to themselves " Lose against Wigan on tuesday he will be def gone".
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Scott Minto asking how we turn this around. Bowyer saying you have to look at who's constantly at fault during games, and suggests he's already decided who that is, but doesn't say who.
  • Options
    He's waiting for a payoff, not got the decency to walk.

Prick.
    No offence but I think if anyone on here did differently and didnt take the pay off then they're a mug

Fair comment FA, I'm just seething like everyone else.

I'll go down the greenhouse with my bottle of Shiraz :and cool off :/
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Jayajosh said:
    bobmunro said:
    Up until 2.45pm I WAS NOT GOING TO SPUNK A TENNER ON THIS SHIT.

But I did, can't help supporting this crock of shit although I wish I could.

I simply cannot remember a time in my 56 years supporting the Club where we've had a worst team. Clueless, spineless, incompetent (from the team management down) and totally lacking any semblance of a team.

We will survive this season but any hope of promotion has gone completely. We need a new management team NOW and their task will be to not give much of a toss about the rest of this season - they need to get rid of the dead wood (80% of the squad) and rebuild.

And on cue Bowyer turns up and blames the ref. For Fucks Sake - we were shit, Pratley deserved the second yellow (maybe even a straight red offence). Take some fucking responsibility man - then FUCK OFF.
    I’ll pay another tenner on Tuesday because I feel a loyalty to TS rather than to the players. I’m just not looking forward to watching on Tuesday. 
    So will I - it's an involuntary act.

And it's not something a vaccination can help you with.
  • Options
    Shots on target - NIL
    My interest in the rest of the season - NIL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take your point and am delighted he has taken over ownership of the club, but he should have made the change weeks ago and not doing so has almost certainly cost us any chance of going up this season.
  • Options
    Aneke did catch him but there was no intent.
    Is intent the rule? Genuine question
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Scott Minto asking how we turn this around. Bowyer saying you have to look at who's constantly at fault during games, and suggests he's already decided who that is, but doesn't say who.
    Cant really out himself on camera 
  • Options
    Only hope with the Aneke red card is that it seems similar to what Lerma was given a red card for against Luton a few weeks ago which was overturned 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Cant really out himself on camera 
    He was happy enough to name Washington in his criticism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Trouble is Football is a contact sport, there is going to be times where you cant avoid catching the player
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I will buy all the remaining fifteen defeats.
    But it's gonna hurt.
    When we get relegated, sadly I'll be watching them as well, as there is always hope!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Fucking hell.
    Listening to Bowyer is embarrassing.
    Now digging out Washington for not complaining about being out the side.
    That wasn't what he said. He was saying that Washington's performance wasn't forcing him to put him back in the side.
    Still quite unnecessary nonetheless... He was the last of our problems today
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I think the lack of a swing and intent would make it a booking.
  • Options
    Even Curbs is saying we need a settled side. All the more reason for him to take over while we look for a new manager. 
  • Options
    Think he meant a collective responsibility, they have all had a go at being shite and very successful at it too.
  • Options
    Morgan, Lapslie, Williams, Maddison

Shinnie, Pratley, Watson, Smyth. 

I'd chuck in Gilbey, Gunter, Schwartz

Yeah great recruitment. 

Ain't got a clue.