Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Blackpool | Sat 27 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Look, he hasn't lost the dressing room.  Incredible how people can even think it!

It's possible, Mutts - we come on to the pitch via the hospitality area so maybe he has lost the dressing room, or has forgotten where it is.

Perhaps that is the problem, players are ‘enjoying’ the hospitality before the games at The Valley
  • Options
    A disgrace all round. All of them are taking the p*ss out of a decent new owner and us fans. Do the right thing Bowyer, go fishing and enjoy a rest you deserve.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Didn’t watch the second half, no chance we were coming back today.

Can’t handle being pressed by a couple of strikers. Pass around up the back, hoof it and lose it.

No discipline, conceding two penalties and getting two red cards.

Two 30+ players in a two man central midfield.

Desperation with four subs at half time.

This squad aren’t playing for Bowyer.

Bowyer needs to go whether he resigns or Sandgaard sacks him. We need 3/4 more wins to stay in this division. How does that happen under Bowyer?

Make a change now even if it’s just Euell as caretaker and we might do a bit more than that.

Can’t wait for the summer rebuild, so important we have the right set up in place to get that right. Would have loved for that to be under Bowyer but not I’m also doubting Jackson and Gallen too.

Play the U23s instead of the first team, they may not be as good technically but surely they'll have more fight and pride in the shirt.

This current team is a disgrace to the club.
  • Options
    Taxi for Bowyer! Disgrace of a performance, these players are not playing for him.....it’s clear for everyone to see! Change is needed now. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Didn’t watch the second half, no chance we were coming back today.

Can’t handle being pressed by a couple of strikers. Pass around up the back, hoof it and lose it.

No discipline, conceding two penalties and getting two red cards.

Two 30+ players in a two man central midfield.

Desperation with four subs at half time.

This squad aren’t playing for Bowyer.

Bowyer needs to go whether he resigns or Sandgaard sacks him. We need 3/4 more wins to stay in this division. How does that happen under Bowyer?

Make a change now even if it’s just Euell as caretaker and we might do a bit more than that.

Can’t wait for the summer rebuild, so important we have the right set up in place to get that right. Would have loved for that to be under Bowyer but not I’m also doubting Jackson and Gallen too.

Play the U23s instead of the first team, they may not be as good technically but surely they'll have more fight and pride in the shirt.

This current team is a disgrace to the club.
    Wouldn’t go as far as that but surely there are one or two that can add something. Bowyer’s stopped giving them a chance, something that has worked well for us since the Prem days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get 'em all out in the summer, the players have disgraced the club today.

Pratley and Aneke shame on you.
  • Options
    Haha just seen that penalty decision on replay.
  • Options
    He's on his way he's on his way
    Lee Bowyer is on his way
    Where will he end up I don't know
    Where will he end up I don't care
    All I know is Lee is on his way

(sorry Lee I'm sad but.....) 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Gotta win next week or I think we’ll struggle to make the playoffs 
    More like to stay out of the relegation dogfight. LOL
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Only Charlton could
    get sucked into a relegation scrap from a top six 
    Did you not watch last season? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Good point from Curbs and Lisbie. What can you do as managerial staff when you trust a player to be your captain and they go ahead and do that 1 minute in to second half when already on a yellow. 
    Maybe not even have him on the pitch in the first place when everyone could see it was going to happen. 4 subs at half time, which is bad enough, and not the bloke who was a ticking time bomb. 

If 99% of Charlton Life could see what was going to happen why couldn't Lee Bowyer? 
  • Options
    Seeing the Chuks replay in slowmo, I think that's a red
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The performance from a team who've given up playing for their manager.

Sandgaard needs to just put Bowyer out of his misery tonight.
    Either he's naive, or actually TS doesn't want to spend any money he doesn't have to. Who says he will spend any more than is absolutely necessary? Now the financial gloves are off, due to FFP he can spend as much as he wants to get the European Tour back on schedule. We will soon see what kind of owner he is. This summer will say a lot. Not knocking him at all, so don't get me wrong, but this mess is going to cost him big money, with zero guarantee of success. Over to you TS 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer talking now 
  • Options
    I was backing the boss. However, it is now time for a change. Thanks Lee, but you should resign and leave. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Seeing the Chuks replay in slowmo, I think that's a red
    In which case expect a red card every game I'm afraid
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    If fans were in the ground Bowyer would be gone by now I have no doubt. Sandgaard needs to pull his finger out and do something TONIGHT! DON'T FUCKING GO THROUGH TALKSPORT AND THAT C*** WHITE TO BACK BOWYER I'm sick of it. 

This team makes me sick I have no affection for any of them. Get rid of them all. The fact they are not even trying is winding me up. We are going to finish in our lowest EVER position in the league and we deserve better than this. 

The comment oh 'we give them a goal headstart' Just fuck off will you.

• Options
    If something needs to change,and it does,then it surely needs to be the manager because at this rate we could be fighting a relegation battle and that would be worse than Dagenham and Redbridge and all of that. I get the feeling that defensively bowyer doesn’t have a way of improving things. The two red cards are actually from bowyers policy of giving it large which is why he loves Pratley. We all love Pratley but as we can see he needs to change things in his way of playing. Something needs to change and it has to be the manager I’m afraid because these, I think are good players, that needs someone to bring them all together. Players like Maatson are getting worse not better 
  • Options
    Oh no.....he's blaming the officials.