Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe I'm so happy we've beaten Wigan. Love Charlton always will. 
    Amen
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Out of interest, where is everyone sitting at Wembley? 
    Not sure whether to go on the Pompey or Sunderland end
  • Options
    Some absolute salty blokes on here still.

Let’s just be happy 
  • Options
    At least it will be a pleasant trip back down to London for the team,
    Give them time to think about how to deal with fat bastard up in Oxford Saturday.
  • Options
    Call me negative or miserable I don't care, I see this as the sort of average 1 nil win over 23rd that will keep bowyer in a job, like Bristol rovers.  I just can't be positive about our situation because any decent team beats us, and beating very poor teams allows this too carry on.
    So you wanted us to lose tonight??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take the three points however you can get them when you're going through a run like this.

What I saw in terms of effort levels was very encouraging - a complete 180 degree turn from Blackpool at the weekend.
    Just this... The players might not be playing for Bowyer now but good to see a level of professionalism from everyone that played today - Thats the eleven who came in and grabbed their chance (as Bowyer no doubt challenged them) and then Jaiyesimi who whilst did nothing overly impressive in an attacking sense, offered a lot more as a team player than what we've seen since he joined.

We needed the win as dont blame people for being anxious in looking at the bottom four (especially after these last two results), we needed something to build upon if we want to get into the Play-Offs but unfortunately still dont think its going to happen

I fear we've been too inconsistent by large this season to suddenly put the type of form together thats needed
  • Options
    A win is a win.

Was that a 4-3-3? Didn't often look like one but who cares. 

We won. PPG chart will get a slight nudge towards positivity.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Some absolute salty blokes on here still.

Let’s just be happy 
    Dont want to be rude, but I won't have what emotion I feel dictated by someone else.
  • Options
    I’m knackered after that second half.
  • Options
    We looked pretty tepid but at least they showed some fight and character. Let’s all hope this is the start of a run
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    I’m knackered after that second half.
    it seemed a loooong half
  • Options
    I don’t think we are entitled to be too snooty about how we win based our recent displays, so although I’m not quite breaking open the custard it’s nice to win. I’ve absolutely pummelled Pearce recently( not physically I might add). But I thought he did really well tonight. Well done Lee bowyer it’s one game so hopefully the start of proving a lot of us wrong. On to the next one.👍
  • Options
    Lucky 6 o’clock kick off. When did we last lose a 6 o’clock kick off?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Bowyer coming on... Bet he's going to complain we could have scored more :)
  • Options
    Call me negative or miserable I don't care, I see this as the sort of average 1 nil win over 23rd that will keep bowyer in a job, like Bristol rovers.  I just can't be positive about our situation because any decent team beats us, and beating very poor teams allows this too carry on.

• Options
    No hiding the fact Wigan are dreadful but can't argue with how we were more at it from the off tonight. Probably the best use of our resources to line up with that formation, now keep that for Saturday even if 1 or 2 players drop out through injury 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Curbs always talked about stopping the rot. We’ve done that tonight and now have a chance to turn things around and start heading in the right direction. Hopefully, the team can take a bit of confidence away from this win and we can generate a bit of our own luck.
     And that's where things always go awry. This win tonight is pointless if they churn out a load of dog shit on Saturday.

We shall see.