Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    I know we all want win after win after win, but the turning point is backing a win up with another, if we win Saturday and then the following Tuesday we can start talking and the bowyer out thread will quieten.

Can I see it coming, afraid not but let’s enjoy the win I guess.
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm so happy we've beaten Wigan. Love Charlton always will. 
    I feel the same. I think I need to walk to the pub and stand outside imagining the celebration 
  • Options
    Be interested to see how we play against Oxford. Very similar win to MK Dons which was seen as stopping the rot, and the start of a run.

Hopefully tonight genuinely is both of those.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely feeling to not be pissed off or dismayed after a game for the first time in a while. Hopefully we can build from it as it sounds like it wasn't a perfect performance, but a decent enough one and a good start.
  • Options
    Bowyer saying happy after a couple of bad results and the passing was good is he joking and we’re not a bad side
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Washington getting comments such as "not sure what he is good at" on the player marks.

How about constant grafting and getting the assist tonight? 

10 goal interactions this season, 3 fewer than Chuks.
    Did a job for the team - not pretty but stuck to it
  • Options
    Bowyer on VP

”start to finish we addressed the game, competed well”
    ”shame we didn’t score more. Should have put game to bed”
    “Overall we got 3 points and can move on from Saturday. It’s easy to crumble after bad results. But told the players forget top 6, just concentrate on what you’re good at, then we can look at the table. Pressure too much for them sometimes. Really proud of players, they didn’t crumble”
    Continued: 

“Poor home form makes no sense to me. Mistakes and decisions have cost us.”
    ”Aneke is one of those players on his day he’s unplayable. They can’t handle him. He should have scored another, if not two. But he was very good, hold up play excellent.”
    ”Football is a confidence game. It affects everyone.”
    ”we’ll take this in to Saturday.”
    ”I’ve tried to take the pressure off them. It was all getting to them”
    ”just rest before Saturday, tomorrow is rest. Thursday Friday we’ll tinker with a few things. But we’ll be ready energy-wise”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan were on the front foot for the majority according to the press association guy’s report on the BBC website... 
  • Options
    Always good to see Charlton win and get a clean sheet. Watson's best game i've seen for us, seems to either be exactly what we need or looks completely past it. 
    Gotta go to Oxford and get three points, the thought of playing meaningless third division games for the rest of the season is slightly depressing. Come on lads put a run together - this league is tosh.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Southbank said:
    Amazingly, currently 5 points behind 4th place!!
    Going to be tough at the weekend away at Oxford but hopefully our away form will give us a chance of grabbing a result.

Then three home games in a week: Northampton, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers.

Ten points a must from the next four if we want any kind of chance of moving up the table. There is no time like the present to arrest the home form slump.
  • Options
    Didn’t expect that after the last two games. Really could have done with a second goal and there’s room for improvement but the result was exactly what we needed. They’ve just shown the next 5 games on VP, good chance to pick a few more wins this month.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    A win is a win, so watching Lee on the aftermatch interview, god he sounds fed up, for gods sake Lee cheer up, we achieved 3 points, Scott must be pulling his hair out trying to get a positive response, even managed to question Chuks only getting one goal.
    It was a good defensive second half, Wigan came into it a lot more, so on to Saturday and 3 more points at Oxford.