Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee bowyer to porstmouth

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I think it would be a good move for both him and us. 
  • Options
    Can’t lie, it wouldn’t be the end of my world if LB went to Portsmouth. He’s no Lawrence, Curbishley or Powell.
    That’s exactly what he is. He’s a fantastic club servant who’s done a good job under unprecedented circumstances. Like the others you’ve mentioned, he’s someone who gets what it means to be Charlton.
    Well, when you put it like that...........
  • Options
    chev said:
    According to talksport alex crook porstmouth want lee bowyer as new manager 
    Is this after he said that Pompey don't build a new squad every summer?
  • Options
    chev said:
    According to talksport alex crook porstmouth want lee bowyer as new manager 
    Fishing coach?
  • Options
    would make sense - we have always done well against pompey so they have probably have a good opinion of bowyers talents and they know he knows the league  - it would be one of the clubs he wouldn't have to uproot to - wonder if any rumours of jackett switching to us pop up - apart from the spanner stain, ihe wouldn't be a bad shout  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Bowyer is "too confrontational", someone at Pompey has decided.

Yeah - that's exactly why we like the little scrote.  The famous chimes go: 'Fuck off, Pompey! Pompey, fuck off!'

• Options
    edited March 2021
    How is Porstmouth this time of year anyway? 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would anyone actually be bothered if Bowyer did go? I can't lie I'd be delighted :D
    You want Bowyer sacked? Blimey, I never guessed that from the other 20 times you’ve posted it recently. 
    Your not wrong I want him sacked
  • Options
    Would anyone actually be bothered if Bowyer did go? I can't lie I'd be delighted :D
    Change the record pal FFS!
  • Options
    7 points from 3 games. Very close to 3 clean sheets.

Easier said then done. At least managed a mild form of turn around....after it was all going down the drain.

A rather unexpected positive thing happened.

That means we do surprisingly have a backbone. Even if it still requires treatment.

Wait
  • Options
    Can’t lie, it wouldn’t be the end of my world if LB went to Portsmouth. He’s no Lawrence, Curbishley or Powell.
    That’s exactly what he is. He’s a fantastic club servant who’s done a good job under unprecedented circumstances. Like the others you’ve mentioned, he’s someone who gets what it means to be Charlton.
    That's slightly overegging it a bit. He left us in 1996 after just 58 games, and wasn't seen again until 20 years later
    Well that Wimbledon game was worth about 10 performances! 
  • Options
    There's a petition to have a stand named after Curbs ffs, how can you put Bowyer in the same bracket.
  • Options
    Don't get me started on Bowyer 'keeping us afloat' either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn’t sniping, just offering my personal opinion. Is that not allowed now?
    He just gave his opinion? Do you get how it all works ?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    There's a petition to have a stand named after Curbs ffs, how can you put Bowyer in the same bracket.
    I don’t recall ranking anyone from best to worst? 
    Another poster made a point saying he’s no Lawrence Curbishley or Powell - I’m simply making the point that he’s exactly of that ilk, a former player from the area coming in to manage the club at a difficult point in its history and doing a good job. 
    I thought your post was implying he's as much as a legend as those 3, which, in my opinion, he's quite a way short of.
  • Options
    That's slightly overegging it a bit. He left us in 1996 after just 58 games, and wasn't seen again until 20 years later
    Really don’t agree. Him and the rest of coaching staff stayed, keeping the club afloat despite various ownerships seemingly doing everything in their power to destroy it. 

Regardless if you’re Bowyer in or out, you can’t rewrite history and pretend he’s not been a great servant to Charlton who will undoubtedly leave the club in a much better state than what he found it
    Without wishing to re-write history, aren't we, more or less, in the same position we were when he took over three years ago? We picked up 19 points from our final 10 games to reach 71 points that season and made 6th place by 3 points so can't have been very far behind can we? Or, put another way, we had 52 points from 36 games and have 51 from 34 now.
    No, not at all. 3 years ago we were owned by Roland and were hurtling towards oblivion. Lee Bowyer came in and galvanised the entire club. Got fans back into the stadium and secured a promotion that prolonged our existence. A collective spirit returned that had been gone since Chris Powell was sacked. ESI and an injury crisis like no other, relegated us - even with that we only went down due to Barnsley’s offside winner at Brentford.

All of those events led to Thomas Sandgaard coming in and giving the whole club a much needed lift. To make such a reductive argument about points totally negates the context of one of the craziest periods in the clubs 116 year history.

I’m not even a massive Bowyer supporter, it wouldn’t bother me if he was let go at the end of the season and it wouldn’t bother me if he stayed. It just baffles me how much people dislike the man when all in all he’s done a good job.

I'm sorry but every club can point to some event at some stage that cost them points. I expect Wigan, who finished one point behind us, could find more than one example in at least one game or use the comparison between the 12 points that were deducted as opposed to the 6 that Wednesday have been.

Of far more relevance was our inability to score - we were one of the lowest scorers in the division and in our final 12 games we hit the back of the net just 6 times, failing to score in 8 of them. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    would make sense - we have always done well against pompey so they have probably have a good opinion of bowyers talents and they know he knows the league  - it would be one of the clubs he wouldn't have to uproot to - wonder if any rumours of jackett switching to us pop up - apart from the spanner stain, ihe wouldn't be a bad shout  
    Wouldn’t have to uproot?
    Sevenoaks to Portsmouth isn’t just round the corner....pig of a journey as a matter of fact.
    About an hour and a half each way at best I’d say....I can’t imagine he would want to be driving that much 5 or 6 days a week.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Don't get me started on Bowyer 'keeping us afloat' either. 
    Well that’s exactly what he did....considering he has been operating with both hands tied behind his back almost since the day he, Jako and Gallen joined us.
    Only a fool could think otherwise!
  • Options
    I'd imagine there is absolutely zero truth in this rumour, really don't think he'd leave us for a team in the same division who (we assume) will have less money to spend in the summer transfer window.

Although they are nearer to his fishing lake.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    esseffect said:
    I wasn’t sniping, just offering my personal opinion. Is that not allowed now?
    He just gave his opinion? Do you get how it all works ?
    Clearly I do.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    se9addick said:
    - Let Pompey hire Bowyer and pay us compensation 
    - Hire Jackett, now a free agent, as the new Charlton manager
    - Giver Jackett the Bowyer compensation funds towards his transfer kitty 
    Jackett was very limited at the scum (my brother was very happy for him to go in the end) and hasn't been pulling up stumps at Pompey so I can't say I'd be over the moon to have him here.
  • Options
    You want Bowyer sacked? Blimey, I never guessed that from the other 20 times you’ve posted it recently. 
    Your not wrong I want him sacked
    There their they're.