Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee bowyer to porstmouth

Comments

• Anyway I prefer Pylmouth
  • What if there was a place called Porstmouth 
    And what are their football team like?
    Or Pompeii even.😏
    Or Pompeii even.😏
    An explosive outfit
    Or Pompeii even.😏
    I like what you did there
  • DOUCHER said:
    would make sense - we have always done well against pompey so they have probably have a good opinion of bowyers talents and they know he knows the league  - it would be one of the clubs he wouldn't have to uproot to - wonder if any rumours of jackett switching to us pop up - apart from the spanner stain, ihe wouldn't be a bad shout  
    Wouldn’t have to uproot?
    Sevenoaks to Portsmouth isn’t just round the corner....pig of a journey as a matter of fact.
    About an hour and a half each way at best I’d say....I can’t imagine he would want to be driving that much 5 or 6 days a week.
    agreed its not a quick journey - but in football terms it is one of the few clubs he could leave us for and not have to uproot because footballers and managers do tend to travel a bit more  - i work in central london and door to door that can be an hour and half sometimes 
    well then we’d spell it Portsmouth 
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Don't get me started on Bowyer 'keeping us afloat' either. 
    Well that’s exactly what he did....considering he has been operating with both hands tied behind his back almost since the day he, Jako and Gallen joined us.
    Only a fool could think otherwise!
    So without Bowyer, Charlton would have ceased to exist? That's what you're saying.
    Well......we came pretty fucking close.....or have you been asleep for a while?
    He, along with others, all contributed to our survival, he just happened to be someone who, for whatever reason, chose to stick with the shit show going on in all aspects of the clubs very existence.
    Of course he didn’t do it single handedly but he played a big part in it.
    Why are you so anti the fella is beyond my comprehension, you and ‘Johnny come lately’ LittleAddick, are to say the least 
    obsessed and never pass up the opportunity to stir the pot in a very aggressive and boring self appointed campaign. 
    You can both fuck right off as far as I’m concerned.
    Cute little outburst. Show me anywhere where I have been aggressive and let's see if it's aggressive as your post here.

I'm not stirring the pot, I just don't agree with your version of events. Bowyer worked under incredibly difficult circumstances, that's absolutely the case, and he gave us a superb promotion season. I just don't believe that if he had left last season that we would have folded. It's not an agenda against him, it's just an opinion that differs to yours.
    agreed - it wouldn't have made any difference really - jacko would have stepped up - we got relegated so couldn't have done worse and have been shite this year so whilst we all have differing views on bowyer, to say he kept the club afloat is bollox - he oversaw a shortlived boost which was then scuppered by ownership issues but in fact, in the crisis period we are talking about,  if he'd left, there may have been a bit more left in the pot to pay the players 
  • edited March 2021
    Bowyer or Klopp, it wouldn't have mattered, all the goings on at the club were out of the managers hands from January onwards. Totally agree with Doucher on this one, you probably could rightly judge Bowyer on the players brought in after we escaped the clutches of Elliott and co, not the previous six months. He is still learning and will make mistakes, which he surely has, but I still think there is more to come from him and that may be when he has hands untied in the transfer market. For now he needs to realise that playing so open in attempt to out score sides did not work as we are not good enough up front, defending and being patient does work and it took him too long to realise it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:
    Porstmouth. Not once, but twice.
    Where is Porstmouth?
  • The word aggressive is subjective, there are many different levels/stages of being aggressive.
    I don't think you're aggressive mate.
    I always spelt it Portsmuff.
    We used to spell it Threepoints ..... but something went wrong a month ago.

Or Pompeii even.😏
    Play Up Pompeii Frankie Howerd In His Own Words - Channel 5
    Ex-Shooters Hill Grammar School boy...
  • "Has Bowyer lost it?" 

Volume 2: Lee bowyer to Portsmouth

A sequel with a slight rise of form and bowyer out phrase has taken a bit of a back seat
    I always spell it "shithole".  ;)
    I always spell it "shithole".  ;)
    Reminds me of my Southampton supporting mate’s favourite joke about Pompey

A Southampton fan is parked up in his car with his girlfriend one evening, and they having a bit of a fumble on the back seat

His girlfriend is whispering in his ear ‘kiss me where it smells, kiss me where it smells’

He replies ‘for fucks sake, I’m not driving to Portsmouth at this time of night’

• Sponsored links:

• I'd imagine there is absolutely zero truth in this rumour, really don't think he'd leave us for a team in the same division who (we assume) will have less money to spend in the summer transfer window.

Although they are nearer to his fishing lake.
    Really? Where is that?
  • I'd imagine there is absolutely zero truth in this rumour, really don't think he'd leave us for a team in the same division who (we assume) will have less money to spend in the summer transfer window.

Although they are nearer to his fishing lake.
    Really? Where is that?
    near where you live ..
  • Michael Eisner is significantly richer than Thomas and Pompey have spent quite a bit of cash over the last few seasons.

Obviously time will tell but I don't think it's clear cut we will be spending more than them in the summer. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Michael Eisner is significantly richer than Thomas and Pompey have spent quite a bit of cash over the last few seasons.

Obviously time will tell but I don't think it's clear cut we will be spending more than them in the summer. 
    Proof too that throwing money around in the Football League doesnt instantly wield success
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Michael Eisner is significantly richer than Thomas and Pompey have spent quite a bit of cash over the last few seasons.

Proof too that throwing money around in the Football League doesnt instantly wield success
    No but 2 consecutive play offs and tin pot trophy finals isn't bad either. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

It is always easy when it is someone else spending the money. 
    Yup I still think some people think we will be the "Man City of league 1" next season. 
  • Chris Wilder will be available soon - wouldn't be the worst turn of events - form over course and distance.
  • Chris Wilder will be available soon - wouldn't be the worst turn of events - form over course and distance.
    Ironically there’s probably a ‘has chris wilder lost it?’ Thread on their forum 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

It is always easy when it is someone else spending the money. 
    You going to say that every 3 hours?