Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prince Philip - RIP

Comments

• Options
    I thought Greece had a king until 1973.
    Constantine or somebody.
    My vague recollection is that Phillip was born in Corfu, a Greek Island where in Spianada Square they play cricket.
  • Options
    RIP

He was the King of Greece and Denmark (strange pairing) Seems his mum Princess Alice was the great grand daughter of Queen Victoria.
    Not quite...He was associated with both countries by lineage...
    Evidently he had no Greek blood in him.
  • Options
    Whatever you think of the royal family, 99 is a fantastic innings. 

Rest peacefully.
  • Options
    99 is a great innings. A sad day for the country. RIP.
  • Options
    As a reminder, if you’ve nothing respectful to contribute then please refrain from adding it on here, thanks
    In fairness, all very appropriate..
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Thoughts with her majesty.
  • Options
    I liked Prince Philip. His gaffes were legendary but in a way endeared him to the people.

RIP Sir. Shame you didn't quite make the ton.
  • Options
    RIP, always sad when someone gets so close to the 100 and passes away. Had a fantastic life though.  
  • Options
    RIP.

A life well lived.
  • Options
    Rest in peace 

Great innings 
  • Options
    RIP Philip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be a shame if the pandemic prevents a proper funeral etc.
  • Options
    He didn't want a state funeral apparently
  • Options
    Seen it reported that his wish was apparently for a private military type funeral, so i don't think he'd have had a state funeral anyway.
  • Options
    What a wealth of stories there must be about him. He was always one of my favourite royals. Loved the fact he did the knowledge so he could drive about unmolested and down the taxi and bus lanes (from 1999, well he had a black cab, I think he did the knowledge)
  • Options
    Condolences to the Queen.  Her husband's death comes at a time when she has already had a tough year or so.  Despite all this, she is a strong woman and will continue to serve her country well.
  • Options
    I find this very sad as it feels like the passing of an era. I feel for the queen. But, what an innings from Phillip. And what a life. RIP.