Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prince Philip - RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Came from a different era and attitude to life. R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP

In 1992 I met him when he and the Queen visited my workplace - I didn’t meet the Queen, but he wandered over to my desk, and asked who I was, what I did, and if played any sport - I said football, cricket and squash - he then spent 5 mins chatting to me about the England cricket team - really nice bloke, very down to earth

And here is the proof !!!

The lady in the middle was my manager, who quickly came over to make sure I didn’t say anything unacceptable (which I am prone to doing)

Your boss has got a very worried looking smile.
  • Options
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/09/the-best-of-prince-philips-gaffes-and-comments-as-duke-dies-aged-99-7743496/

You just know that these compilations of best gaffes/comments of Prince Philip were ready to go. 

Some of these have had me proper laughing out loud. 
  • Options
    RIP. A very good innings but a shame his last year was such a shitty one for his family. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Queen step back now.
    Wouldn't be surprised if she died fairly soon, often the case with very old couples.
    You want to be careful about that kind of thing, imagining the death of the monarch used to be a capital offence...
  • Options
    Please be respectful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I accompanied a previous boss (he's ex forces, I'm not) to pay respects to a guardsman who had lost his life in Afghanistan or Iraq (I can't remember which), and while we were waiting outside the guards chapel for the funeral to start, a lone land rover Discovery pulled up, and out got Prince Philip to pay his respects, which I was later told he did for every fallen guardsman at the time. 

Pretty cool thing to do if you ask me. 

RIP - what ever you think of the man, he was also someone's husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather.
    I sense an unease to say anything good about him.  He’s made a few verbal gaffes- I suspect with no malice intended- but he’s done a huge amount of good public service and is undeniably a war hero.     

RIP, Prince Philip. 
  • Options
    Sad at this news, for the Queen and his family. A full life, well lived
    RIP
  • Options
    He gave great support to the Queen and great service to the country. RIP 
  • Options
    A very hard working Royal who continued public duties until well into his 90’s. 
    I remember reading that even in his early 90’s he would attend 600 plus appointments every year. 
    RIP. 
  • Options
    When he was made Duke of Edinburgh, prior to his wedding 74 years ago, he was also given a welsh title of Earl of Merioneth and an English title of Baron Greenwich,   His association with the borough included being a member of the board of the National Maritime Museum and closely associated with bringing the Cutty Sark to the borough. 
    RIP
    I never knew any of that 
  • Options
    I didn’t know the stuff about Greenwich either. Just been a large segment on Greenwich on the news about the Cutty Sark snd his role.  Very interesting.

RIP. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP

Some of the comments about on Twitter about someone that has passed away are disgusting. I don’t know where all the hatred in this world comes from.

The main reason why I don’t use social media.
    I don’t do social media because I am scared of the door bell

Ding dong ‘hello, are you my Dad’

😱
  • Options
    During my RAF career, I was honoured and privileged to be selected to serve on 'The Queen's Flight' at RAF Benson between 1992-95 (before the flight then lost its autonomous status, disbanded, and amalgated with 32Sqn at RAF Northolt).

I was extremely lucky to have a role that involved me regularly flying with members of the Royal Family.

My 'big' tour (if you like) was with the Duke of Edinburgh in 1994; 3 weeks touring India and Pakistan when he was carrying his World Wildlife Fund role.

This is the end of tour 'crew photo' that was taken during a refuel stop at Muscat airport.

RIP, Sir.
    Are you one of the two Moustache'd fellas?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    During my RAF career, I was honoured and privileged to be selected to serve on 'The Queen's Flight' at RAF Benson between 1992-95 (before the flight then lost its autonomous status, disbanded, and amalgated with 32Sqn at RAF Northolt).

I was extremely lucky to have a role that involved me regularly flying with members of the Royal Family.

My 'big' tour (if you like) was with the Duke of Edinburgh in 1994; 3 weeks touring India and Pakistan when he was carrying his World Wildlife Fund role.

This is the end of tour 'crew photo' that was taken during a refuel stop at Muscat airport.

RIP, Sir.
    Are you one of the two Moustache'd fellas?
    Ha, not quite mate. ;) The guy on the bottom far left was the 'steward', the fella bottom far right was the co-pilot.

I'm the 'youngster' on the steps, 3rd one down.
  • Options

My 'big' tour (if you like) was with the Duke of Edinburgh in 1994; 3 weeks touring India and Pakistan when he was carrying out his World Wildlife Fund role.

RIP, Sir.
    That’s brilliant 
  • Options

My 'big' tour (if you like) was with the Duke of Edinburgh in 1994; 3 weeks touring India and Pakistan when he was carrying out his World Wildlife Fund role.

RIP, Sir.
    Superb

Out of interest - what is the plane ?
  • Options
    RIP what a life. 
  • Options

RIP, Sir.
    Superb

Out of interest - what is the plane ?
    BAe-146.
  • Options
    I was just thinking that the Queen’s got no one left who will call her by her first name now.