Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hello from Graham Tutt

Comments

• stonemuse said:
    All the best Graham, already ordered and looking forward to receiving it. 
    Thanks Stonemuse - Enjoy it as much as we did putting it together - Cheers!
  • edited April 2021
    Ordered. The Sunderland game was couple of years before I started going but looks a fascinating read.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Dave - Enjoy it mate - Did you play at Millwall or is that another Dave Mehmet. Cheers 
    No I’m not him, I tried to think of the worst player I’d ever seen for us when choosing a user name and he was top of the list. To be fair, there’s been a few since who could assume the mantle!
  • (Pre) Ordered 
    so our two miracle  play off wins against Sunderland were the karma payback for your horrific injury .
    good luck sir .
    Yes Oohaah - I also believe in karma - Let's win today! Enjoy the read mate! Thanks
  • Really good to hear from you, Graham - very best of luck with the book.

Will download it later.
  • Looking forward to reading this , my dad who's 92 still reckons your the best goalie he's seen down the Valley since Sam Bartram. Good luck with the book , you deserve it.

• Good luck with itbobmunro said:
    Really good to hear from you, Graham - very best of luck with the book.

Will download it later.
    Thanks Bob - there's some belly laughs and a few tears - totally worth it - Enjoy the read mate!
  • Ordered, can't wait to read it.

Remember you well Graham, at the time everyone was going on abouut Mervyn Day but I thought you were streets ahead of him.

Good luck with the book!
  • Looking forward to reading this , my dad who's 92 still reckons your the best goalie he's seen down the Valley since Sam Bartram. Good luck with the book , you deserve it.
    That's a wonderful compliment Horsfield - Please tell your dad Thank You! I had a four year jump on Sam (he started at 21 and I was 17 - so potentially if I had played a dozen seasons I would have rivaled Sam's 1st team appearances ... I was hoping to do just that but it was not meant to be ... even so you'll see how it all turned out in the book - Cheers Mate! Are you related to Arthur Horsfield? He was a great player!
  • For those like me who try to avoid using Amazon, here's a link to pre-order on Hive a bit less than cover price: https://www.hive.co.uk/Product/Graham-Tutt/Never-Give-Up--The-Graham-Buster-Tutt-Story/25872511
    Thanks Swindon - Hope you enjoy it - Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

That's a wonderful compliment Horsfield - Please tell your dad Thank You! I had a four year jump on Sam (he started at 21 and I was 17 - so potentially if I had played a dozen seasons I would have rivaled Sam's 1st team appearances ... I was hoping to do just that but it was not meant to be ... even so you'll see how it all turned out in the book - Cheers Mate! Are you related to Arthur Horsfield? He was a great player!
    Thanks Graham , I'll pass it on. No , not related to the great  man , but have had the great pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and agree with your comments. You'll find that a lot of user's on here , use former favourite players names , instead of their own. Strangely enough my real name is Graham too , I've still got your picture in an album along with all the other greats from the 70's stacked safely away, from when I was a teenager , you take care , as I said before you deserve some luck mate!
  • Just ordered. Thank you. 
  • I’ll definitely be buying this book Graham. I often wondered how far you could have gone in the game had it not been for that awful foul, maybe you would have beaten Sam Bartram’s appearances. Anyway, good to know that you’re keeping well. All the best 👍🏻
  • Hi Graham. Remember fondly the great part you played in our 74/75 promotion season and have no doubt you would have gone on and had a great career if you hadn't of had the injury.

Will definitely be buying a copy of the book.

And if anyone who is connected with Valley Pass is reading, I hope they might get you on as a guest one day. 
  • Good luck with the book Graham 
    Thanks Graham , I'll pass it on. No , not related to the great  man , but have had the great pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and agree with your comments. You'll find that a lot of user's on here , use former favourite players names , instead of their own. Strangely enough my real name is Graham too , I've still got your picture in an album along with all the other greats from the 70's stacked safely away, from when I was a teenager , you take care , as I said before you deserve some luck mate!
    Thanks Graham (Horsfield) - I look forward to meeting you someday - when things settle down - at the moment I'll have to stay safe here in Atlanta - Cheers Mate! 
  • Graham, see you play lots of times but my favourite performance of you was in the away Chelsea match 2-3 to us especially the second half when Chelsea were throwing the ball in the box every opportunity. 

Such a pity your football career was ended so early, genuinely thought you were destined to be a top goalie.  Best young keeper I remember for us.  
  • I’ll definitely be buying this book Graham. I often wondered how far you could have gone in the game had it not been for that awful foul, maybe you would have beaten Sam Bartram’s appearances. Anyway, good to know that you’re keeping well. All the best 👍🏻
    Thanks ParkinsonOut - Beating Sam's record would have been a magnificent achievement - My dad was a Charlton fan for over 50 years - his favorite player was Sam Bartram so I have heard first hand some terrific true stories on Sammy ... Enjoy the book and please feel free to give me feedback. Cheers for now Mate!
  • Stewart said:
    Just ordered. Thank you. 
    Thank you Stewart - Enjoy it!
  • Ordered, can't wait to read it.

Remember you well Graham, at the time everyone was going on abouut Mervyn Day but I thought you were streets ahead of him.

Good luck with the book!
    Thanks for the kind words - Mervyn was a great 'keeper - we grew up playing against each other when he was a colt team player at West Ham - Cheers and Enjoy the book!
  • Sponsored links:

• Graham, see you play lots of times but my favourite performance of you was in the away Chelsea match 2-3 to us especially the second half when Chelsea were throwing the ball in the box every opportunity. 

Such a pity your football career was ended so early, genuinely thought you were destined to be a top goalie.  Best young keeper I remember for us.  
    Thanks Striker - Yes I remember the Chelsea game very well - Mickey Droy was there huge center half  and as you mentioned kept knocking long crosses over to him in the box - I've never came out for so many crosses in one half - Lots of fun. Enjoy the book mate!
  • Hi Graham. Remember fondly the great part you played in our 74/75 promotion season and have no doubt you would have gone on and had a great career if you hadn't of had the injury.

Will definitely be buying a copy of the book.

And if anyone who is connected with Valley Pass is reading, I hope they might get you on as a guest one day. 
    Thanks Fortune - I appreciate the Valley Pass suggestion - I'll follow up - Enjoy the book mate and hope to meet you someday!
    Thanks Graham (Horsfield) - I look forward to meeting you someday - when things settle down - at the moment I'll have to stay safe here in Atlanta - Cheers Mate! 
    Cheers Graham , all the best , happy to buy you a drink the next time you're in Orpington mate .
  • Graham I pre ordered the book and have virtually finished reading it now. It’s a very good and easy read. Your career after Charlton is particularly interesting given that I guess most of us would have been unaware of your later success in South Africa and the US. Really not sure about an indoor football league featuring men and women in the same teams with the scores finishing 21-18 though. Seems like heresy to me !!! 
    I watched you play back in the day and you were a first class keeper and would have made it to the very top. However, these snakes and ladders happen in life ( Tom Finney being the snake) and its great that’s you forged a successful career and happy life after Charlton. I will give the book a plug on my Albury Addick blog next week too. 
  • Good luck with the book Graham - order now placed. You were our keeper when I started going to The Valley in the 1970s - great memories of those times!
  • Ordered. The Sunderland game was couple of years before I started going but looks a fascinating read.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Dave - Enjoy it mate - Did you play at Millwall or is that another Dave Mehmet. Cheers 
    This particular @DaveMehmet is more suited to  sumo wrestling.
  • I ordered the book last night. 
    I think Graham Tutt was probably in goal when I first started going down the valley in the '70s. From what I remember he looked to have a promising career a head of him until awful day and dreadful challenge. I'm sure, (but I could be wrong), Graham had hands on the ball and the thug had 2 feet on the ground before the "challenge". I have always thought it was a deliberate act and probably was considering how we as fans felt and what happened to Finney when he played us next.
    We will never know how good Graham could have become if it weren't for the injury. I haven't a clue I was only a 12 year old when his career finished and didn't  know too much about the game, (still don't).
    Looking forward to reading the book and reliving part of my early youth.

• Great to see you on here Graham, football was very different back in the day .God knows what the media would make of your injury and the circumstances today. You were just beginning to bloom as a keeper when it happened but it seems you ve reacted to the injury pretty well over the longterm...I wont ask any questions..I hope the answers are all in book which I have ordered. Thankyou for the service you gave our club it was a pleasure watching you 
  • edited April 2021
    When to primary school with your nephews Alan & John, in fact was at John’s  birthday party the day you got injured.
  • edited April 2021
    I'd forgotten you were called Graham.

Back in the day we all called you Buster.

How did you get that nickname or is there a story to be told?
    I know. You'll say, "Buy the book!". :smile: