Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hello from Graham Tutt

Comments

• Options
    Graham, see you play lots of times but my favourite performance of you was in the away Chelsea match 2-3 to us especially the second half when Chelsea were throwing the ball in the box every opportunity. 

Such a pity your football career was ended so early, genuinely thought you were destined to be a top goalie.  Best young keeper I remember for us.  
    I was at that Chelsea game as a teenage girl - in The Shed! The winner for us was keystone cops stuff and totally against the run of play. Was v difficult to keep quiet!!

Very much look forward to reading the book, Graham, and fantastic to see you posting on here. 
  • Options
    Graham I pre ordered the book and have virtually finished reading it now. It’s a very good and easy read. Your career after Charlton is particularly interesting given that I guess most of us would have been unaware of your later success in South Africa and the US. Really not sure about an indoor football league featuring men and women in the same teams with the scores finishing 21-18 though. Seems like heresy to me !!! 
    I watched you play back in the day and you were a first class keeper and would have made it to the very top. However, these snakes and ladders happen in life ( Tom Finney being the snake) and its great that’s you forged a successful career and happy life after Charlton. I will give the book a plug on my Albury Addick blog next week too. 
    Thanks Albury - I understand how you feel about Co-ed Pro Indoor Soccer (consisting of 3men and 3 women per team) But Female Soccer is huge over here in the states - it will carry the men .. plus embrace the whole family (mum, dad, brother and sister). As you say "yet to be proven" - it'll be a surprise! Hope you enjoy the rest of the book and let me know your overall opinion. Cheers Mate!   
  • Options
    Ashers said:
    Good luck with the book Graham - order now placed. You were our keeper when I started going to The Valley in the 1970s - great memories of those times!
    Thank you Asher - yes you'll go back in time with some of the experiences from the '70's. Let me know what you think when read.
    Cheers for now -
    Graham
    grahambustertutt.com 
  • Options
    How fantastic to hear from Graham Tutt! 

I was about 14 and Charlton-obsessed when you got your injury. Thought you were terrific and was gutted for you. Looking forward to reading your book.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    How fantastic to hear from Graham Tutt! 

I was about 14 and Charlton-obsessed when you got your injury. Thought you were terrific and was gutted for you. Looking forward to reading your book.
    Thanks Vincenzo - I'm excited to get it out there! Enjoy the book and let me know what you think of it. Cheers Mate! 
  • Options
    Good luck Graham...Certainly enjoyed watching you as a kid. I will pop into waterstones when it opens and purchase a copy.
    Thanks Chippy - Hope you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together - Let me know what you liked - Cheers Mate!
  • Options
    Will be ordering a couple. What a keeper. 
  • Options
    Good luck Graham...Certainly enjoyed watching you as a kid. I will pop into waterstones when it opens and purchase a copy.
    Thanks Chippy - Hope you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together - Let me know what you liked - Cheers Mate!
    Hey, Buster ..... how long before you're invited on to the Scott Minto Show?

It'll be Killer, Paddy and Les Berry the weeks before!  :smile:

• Options
    Graham, see you play lots of times but my favourite performance of you was in the away Chelsea match 2-3 to us especially the second half when Chelsea were throwing the ball in the box every opportunity. 

Such a pity your football career was ended so early, genuinely thought you were destined to be a top goalie.  Best young keeper I remember for us.  
    I was at that Chelsea game as a teenage girl - in The Shed! The winner for us was keystone cops stuff and totally against the run of play. Was v difficult to keep quiet!!

Very much look forward to reading the book, Graham, and fantastic to see you posting on here. 

Oggy Red said:
    I'd forgotten you were called Graham.

Back in the day we all called you Buster.

How did you get that nickname or is there a story to be told?
    I know. You'll say, "Buy the book!". :smile:

Yes Oggy Red - Buy the book ! Kidding aside it was a brilliant experience putting the book together - Hope you enjoy it and you'll find out where Buster came from! Cheers Mate!
  • Options
    Good luck with the book Graham. Best wishes from Vanbrugh Park FC. There’s a few of us still going strong. I’ve let them know about the book and they’re on order. 
    All the best mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, that's me Dad's Father's Day present sorted then :)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I was at Sunderland that day and still remember it vividly. I have ordered the book and look forward to reading it, best wishes for the future Graham.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Good luck with the book Graham. Best wishes from Vanbrugh Park FC. There’s a few of us still going strong. I’ve let them know about the book and they’re on order. 
    All the best mate.
    Some Great People at Vanbrugh Park FC ... Also mentioned in the book - Cheers Mate let's talk again soon - I've gotta dash right now - Have a honey do list to complete!
  • Options
    Hello graham . Another Vanbrugh park bod still alive and kicking. I’m sure we will all be buying and reading . 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    All the best mate.
    Some Great People at Vanbrugh Park FC ... Also mentioned in the book - Cheers Mate let's talk again soon - I've gotta dash right now - Have a honey do list to complete!
    I'm Back - There was a chap called Bill Gault that ran the club - is he still involved? And who else is still at the club? We had a lot of fun! Cheers
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    Hello graham . Another Vanbrugh park bod still alive and kicking. I’m sure we will all be buying and reading . 
    Sounds good LMHR - Thanks - I hope all's going well for yourself and the club. Enjoy the book and let me have some good feedback on what you liked. Cheers
  • Options
    I was at Sunderland that day and still remember it vividly. I have ordered the book and look forward to reading it, best wishes for the future Graham.
    Thanks DD - I appreciate that. Enjoy the book and please let me know what you think - Cheers
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Will be ordering a couple. What a keeper. 
    Thanks Masicat - Hope you enjoy it - let me know what you enjoyed the most- Cheers
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well, that's me Dad's Father's Day present sorted then :)
    That's Brilliant Ali - He may not share it with you ... might want to get another for you! Kidding aside please ask your dad what part(s) he like the best. They would or could be used in our book promotions. Thanks, Buster
  • Options
    Looking forward to reading it. Hope you are well. Mick - Kentwell Close & Turnham. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Have ordered a copy and really looking forward to reading this. 

Was off at Uni from 1973-76, which coincided with much of Graham’s Charlton's career, so didn’t get to as many games as I would have liked during that period but remember him as a great young keeper. Once an Addick, always an Addick!
  • Options
    Acab said:
    All the best mate.
    I'm Back - There was a chap called Bill Gault that ran the club - is he still involved? And who else is still at the club? We had a lot of fun! Cheers
    Morning, unfortunately the club no longer exists but a lot of the guys still go to Charlton. Lost contact with Bill but maybe LMHR might have some info. 
  • Options
    Mr Tutt posted his picture on the activity wall by mistake.  Can it be moved over here on to his post? Nice picture and goes well with all the posts.
  • Options
    What a wonderful photo 🥰
    I shall definitely give this a read.
    I didn’t start going until the early 80’s so it will be good schooling for me.

All the very best ❤️
  • Options
    my cousin is friends with Matt Eastley so tipped me off about this - will buy it on kindle and have a read - you're injury was just before the time i started going but looking forward to reading it   
  • Options
    Just pre ordered it on my iPad.
    Really looking forward to it 👍🏼
  • Options
    I'll get this as one of my holiday books for when we can finally go on holiday. I started going to the Valley just after the injury but when it was still very fresh in people's minds.