Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hello from Graham Tutt

Comments

• Options
    Really enjoying the book. I think the details of Graham's horrible injury should be made required reading for any player with a reputation of leaving a foot in. Would that player still want to 'do' someone if their 'victim' was to suffer a similar career-threatening injury? Imagine having that on your conscience.
     By the way, all the best Graham.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving
    Any chance of a thread/reminder on here forth coming events? I really enjoy them and was looking forward to last nights with Thomas. Sadly my scrambled brain/poor memory meant although the email was sitting there I simply forgot.
  • Options
    I'll bump them in future.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    @Henry Irving
    Any chance of a thread/reminder on here forth coming events? I really enjoy them and was looking forward to last nights with Thomas. Sadly my scrambled brain/poor memory meant although the email was sitting there I simply forgot.
    Give us the email of your carer @T_C_E and we'll remind them 😂
  • Options
    Got my copy yesterday, I loved reading about your childhood which of course is similar to most of us oldies. It brought back great memories of hard working loving  parents and poverty which of course we never realised and just accepted as the way life was. It must have been such a struggle to keep a home together in the years after the war. I’m looking forward to reading the rest in the coming days. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    @Henry Irving
    Give us the email of your carer @T_C_E and we'll remind them 😂
    She’s worse than me! 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Graham has kindly agreed to be the zoom guest of Bromley Addicks on 13 May.

Will confirm details nearer the time
    Looking forward to it Henry Irving - it's been great reconnecting and connecting with so many old and new fans - See you and hopefully meet even more old and new friends on the 13th May 7:45pm your time (2:45pm my time in Atlanta). The book covers my time at Charlton, my injury, the challenges it brought ... recovery, playing in Apartheid South Africa and also the NASL in the USA. I'm very please with it - Matt Eastley my collaborator asked the right questions and got inside my head- he's a brilliant writer and knew exactly what I wanted to convey - there's also an unusual surprise twist at the end .... can't tell ya! Ya gotta read the book ... it's got some belly laughs as well!  
    My Best -
    Cheer On The Lads-
    Graham
    Book Website: grahambustertutt.com
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    Got my copy yesterday, I loved reading about your childhood which of course is similar to most of us oldies. It brought back great memories of hard working loving  parents and poverty which of course we never realised and just accepted as the way life was. It must have been such a struggle to keep a home together in the years after the war. I’m looking forward to reading the rest in the coming days. 
    Thanks for the kind words LMHR - Yes we accepted how life was and made the best of it didn't we - we had a positive outlook and a lot of family support and love for each other - Tell me what parts you enjoyed the most! Carry on reading Mate! Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Really enjoying the book. I think the details of Graham's horrible injury should be made required reading for any player with a reputation of leaving a foot in. Would that player still want to 'do' someone if their 'victim' was to suffer a similar career-threatening injury? Imagine having that on your conscience.
     By the way, all the best Graham.
    I often wondered that to BFG94 ... Such a conscience can weigh heavy I should imagine There's some loose cannons out there that can take heed of my experience - Glad you enjoyed the book and please feel free to tell me what parts you did enjoy (we may use them - with your permission - in our advertising over here as well in the USA). Cheers Charlton Mate! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Graham...Certainly enjoyed watching you as a kid. I will pop into waterstones when it opens and purchase a copy.
    Thanks Chippycafc - Please tell us what you think - Cheers, Graham 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    The club need to get Graham on the pre match interviews on Valley Pass - would be good to get some players on from the 70’s
    Fully agree 
    Thanks Lordflashheart - that would be great! Will look into it mate! Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Already on pre-order. Looking forward to reading it. All the very best, Buster.
    Thanks Chizz - Hope you enjoy it - tell me what parts you liked -  Cheers, Buster
  • Options
    Downloaded yesterday, just finished reading. Really enjoyable throughout - great ending.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Thoroughly enjoyed that. Well done, 'Buster' and well done Matt too. 

Graham's personality comes over very clearly as a decent, warm, straightforward guy who worked hard to take advantage of his natural gifts and, when, struck with his tragic accident, worked just as hard to carve out a fine career in the game. 

I probably looked up to Graham Tutt much like he did Alex Stepney and really felt for him at the time. But am glad he became such a rounded individual who has to be satisfied with the happiness he found in his life.

I really thought Charlton had a fine core of young talent in that era - Tutt, Penfold and Bowman, I absolutely loved - but as we know, there are no guarantees in football or life. Great to get such a personal insight to a situation I watched in wonder as a kid. Obviously I was mostly gripped by the Charlton part, but the South Africa and America chapters were also interesting and well told.  

Really glad you committed it to print.
  • Options
    Should have been delivered by Amazon 12 April, but still not despatched. Looks like they have run out of stock. 
  • Options
    I got mine from Hive.co.uk arrived in a couple of days
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Should have been delivered by Amazon 12 April, but still not despatched. Looks like they have run out of stock. 
    Same here - no delivery yet
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Now states delivery date not known which is rather annoying. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    I had the same message. Will probably cancel this order and try again when stock is better. Looking forward to reading the book as Graham Tutt was my hero when I first started going in 1974. Even though, Phil Warman is my late fathers cousin and also my favourite player Graham was in my mind the hero.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The book arrived. Usually have 3 on the go and there will be a gap when I've finished me Robert Maxwell biog  so it's between Graham and Yuri Gagarin and having been a regular since 1970 I know who will win. Looking forward to it.    
  • Options
    Downloaded yesterday, just finished reading. Really enjoyable throughout - great ending.
    Thank you Sunbury - Undoubtedly the best advertising for the book is positive words like yours - I appreciate it and please keep the ending between us- it's a surprise isn't it! Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    McCartney said:
    The book arrived. Usually have 3 on the go and there will be a gap when I've finished me Robert Maxwell biog  so it's between Graham and Yuri Gagarin and having been a regular since 1970 I know who will win. Looking forward to it.    
    Thanks Mc - That's some big name reading - honored Mate! Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    I had the same message. Will probably cancel this order and try again when stock is better. Looking forward to reading the book as Graham Tutt was my hero when I first started going in 1974. Even though, Phil Warman is my late fathers cousin and also my favourite player Graham was in my mind the hero.
    That's nice to know Mate - Thanks and enjoy - hope it gets to you soon and let me know what you thought. Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    I got mine from Hive.co.uk arrived in a couple of days

That's good to know - Thanks, Graham
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Thoroughly enjoyed that. Well done, 'Buster' and well done Matt too. 

Graham's personality comes over very clearly as a decent, warm, straightforward guy who worked hard to take advantage of his natural gifts and, when, struck with his tragic accident, worked just as hard to carve out a fine career in the game. 

I probably looked up to Graham Tutt much like he did Alex Stepney and really felt for him at the time. But am glad he became such a rounded individual who has to be satisfied with the happiness he found in his life.

I really thought Charlton had a fine core of young talent in that era - Tutt, Penfold and Bowman, I absolutely loved - but as we know, there are no guarantees in football or life. Great to get such a personal insight to a situation I watched in wonder as a kid. Obviously I was mostly gripped by the Charlton part, but the South Africa and America chapters were also interesting and well told.  

Really glad you committed it to print.
    Thanks for the kind words Vincenzo - Yes we had a young squad that was showing strong potential - Glad you enjoyed the South Africa and the USA parts as well ... that's when the challenges really arrived - Cheers Mate and feel free to tell all your friends that you enjoyed it! Good comments are always welcome. Graham
  • Options
    I got copy yesterday morning and finished reading it this afternoon.
    It would be wrong if I spoiled a good read for others so I won’t comment too much on any of the books content. But the fact I read it in a day says things, interesting and a nice easy pace from start to finish. My sort of read, not too wordy but at the same time detailed enough to make me read on and on.  
    I started supporting Charlton around 1974/75 as an eleven year old so a lot of the Charlton stuff was particularly interesting as things are rarely quite what they seem to be when viewed from the outside. By this I’m referring to Andy Nelson. 
    I was gutted when Graham Tutts career was ended at Charlton, we had the basis of a bloody good team from back to front and I often wondered myself, “what if”. Now at least I know how things turned out for Graham, which I found quite up lifting. I still feel we, as Charlton supporters, were once again cheated of better times. Not just Graham’s injury but Charlton in general, the lack of ambition back then. 45 years later I’ve lost count of the disappointments and really they are part and parcel of being a football supporter. 
    The one shocking bit for me, a Charlton dad and a Millwall son.

• Options
    I still haven’t read it, only because I’m waiting for the season to be over.

I know, I’m weird 😂😂
  • Options
  • Options
    Enjoyed the first half of the book but if i'm honest i lost interest towards the end with all the american football stuff - overall a good read though