Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hello from Graham Tutt

Comments

• Options
    Ordered through Bookshop, https://uk.bookshop.org/ which supports independent booksellers.

I only have hazy memories of you playing for us Graham, and can't remember if you were playing in the first game I attended, a 4-2 win over Walsall in November '74, but I can remember that awful incident at Sunderland and how unfair it felt that you couldn't play again. Glad you still came through what must have been a traumatic time to forge a successful career in the game. I'm really looking forward to reading about it all.
  • Options
    Ordered my copy yesterday Graham and looking forward to the read. I loved singing your name in the Covered End, and the very thought of it now takes me back time!
  • Options
    Amazon delivery should have been today, now delayed until 16-20 April but no reason given 
  • Options

Looking forward to reading it. Hope you are well. Mick - Kentwell Close & Turnham. 
    Hello Mick - I hope you are doing well to mate! My old school mate Peter Assender also lived in Kentwell Close - he was a great player! Yes enjoy the book and let me know what part(s) you enjoyed. We can then hopefully use it in our advertising that's if you are ok with it. Cheers for now, Buster  
  • Options
    I'll get this as one of my holiday books for when we can finally go on holiday. I started going to the Valley just after the injury but when it was still very fresh in people's minds. 
    Thanks Muttley - Cheer the lads on for me - Enjoy the book !  My Best, Buster/Graham

• Options
    Just pre ordered it on my iPad.
    Really looking forward to it 👍🏼
    Thanks KB, I appreciate it and feel free to give me feed back, Cheers, GT
  • Options
    Brilliant book @grahambustertutt.

I read the Charlton bits today..
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    my cousin is friends with Matt Eastley so tipped me off about this - will buy it on kindle and have a read - you're injury was just before the time i started going but looking forward to reading it   
    Hello Doucher - If you know anything about Matt Eastley I know your sold - He's a fantastic person and writer with a vocabulary second to none. Matt climbed inside my head and asked the right questions therefore giving my best. Cheers Mate and enjoy! Let us know what you think. Graham 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Mr Tutt posted his picture on the activity wall by mistake.  Can it be moved over here on to his post? Nice picture and goes well with all the posts.
    Thank you for helping out and guiding me Curb. I'm still learning !! Enjoy the book and let me know the good parts please. Cheers, Graham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Graham, looking forward to the read. We met shortly after your injury, you were in the same ward as my dad in Eltham Cottage Hospital, Dad just had a nose operation. Despite your serious injury you were brilliant, we chatted for ages! 
    Thanks for the kind words Valley Fan - Eltham Hospital Staff were brilliant and us patients made the most of it. We had our fair share of laughs. Enjoy the book!  
  • Options
    Ordered through Bookshop, https://uk.bookshop.org/ which supports independent booksellers.

I only have hazy memories of you playing for us Graham, and can't remember if you were playing in the first game I attended, a 4-2 win over Walsall in November '74, but I can remember that awful incident at Sunderland and how unfair it felt that you couldn't play again. Glad you still came through what must have been a traumatic time to forge a successful career in the game. I'm really looking forward to reading about it all.
    It was a challenge Forest Hill Red ... If you didn't remember it - the book will set you straight .. kidding aside I went to Roger Manwood in Forest Hill so Im assuming you are around the Kilmorie Road area. All the best and let me know what parts you liked. Cheers Graham
  • Options
    Ordered my copy yesterday Graham and looking forward to the read. I loved singing your name in the Covered End, and the very thought of it now takes me back time!
    Wow Pembury - you touched on a wonderful memory there - It was a thrill and such a pleasure to play with some great players and wonderful characters - they helped mould me and influenced who I am today. Fun Memories - yes you'll relive them in the book and hopefully give you more ... there's a surprise at the end! Say no more!! Enjoy, Graham 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Amazon delivery should have been today, now delayed until 16-20 April but no reason given 
    Hang in there Stonemuse - glad your anxious - Enjoy and tell me about the good parts !!Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Brilliant book @grahambustertutt.

I read the Charlton bits today..
    Thanks Richard J - The best advertising is good people like yourself saying positive stuff about the book. Thank you!! It was a pleasure to do and in some areas tough to write but sometimes ya just gotta lay it out there mate! Enjoy - Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    Met Graham one Sunday dinner time in the Wheatsheaf Sittingbourne, he had just played centre forward for the Ship a local Sunday morning team, having played in goal the previous day for Charlton, guess I’ll have to buy the the book to see if the Ship gets a mention.
  • Options

Looking forward to reading it. Hope you are well. Mick - Kentwell Close & Turnham. 
    Hello Mick - I hope you are doing well to mate! My old school mate Peter Assender also lived in Kentwell Close - he was a great player! Yes enjoy the book and let me know what part(s) you enjoyed. We can then hopefully use it in our advertising that's if you are ok with it. Cheers for now, Buster  
    Yeah, Peter Assender lived directly below me on the first floor. I've sent you a personal message. Look in your inbox. Top right. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    my cousin is friends with Matt Eastley so tipped me off about this - will buy it on kindle and have a read - you're injury was just before the time i started going but looking forward to reading it   
    Hello Doucher - If you know anything about Matt Eastley I know your sold - He's a fantastic person and writer with a vocabulary second to none. Matt climbed inside my head and asked the right questions therefore giving my best. Cheers Mate and enjoy! Let us know what you think. Graham 
    Will do (I don’t know anything about Mat Eastley btw but my cousin knows him but I’m sure u r right) 
  • Options
    Graham I've just given the book a plug on my Albury Addick Blog - best of luck hope you get lots of sales 
  • Options
    Ordered my copy.  Remember as a teenager growing up in the 70's how excited I was by Graham's appearance in the first team and just being a few years older than me.  I quickly saw just how good Graham was and therefore how shocked and disappointed I was that his injury stopped what would in all likelihood have been a career at the top of the game, so will look forward to reading the book to find out what followed.

I was at school at Eaglesfield at the time of Graham's injury and after Theo Foley was sacked at Charlton he did some football coaching at the school. He was a very hard taskmaster on us kids but that's another story, but I also have vague memories of Graham also doing some coaching at the school too, I assume after his injury (this could of course just be my 60 year old mind playing tricks on me though).

Good luck to Graham on the book and look forward to a walk down memory lane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    My 100 books from Amazon came this morning. 
  • Options

You should do a book signing, that could rise some money. 

Can't think of a better place then in The Royal Oak once crowds are allowed back in. 

New Charlton Pub, new Charlton book. 

• Options
    Graham I've just given the book a plug on my Albury Addick Blog - best of luck hope you get lots of sales 
    Thanks for that - It's been tremendous reconnecting with some loyal fans! Cheers Graham
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Can't think of a better place then in The Royal Oak once crowds are allowed back in. 

Down the road Mate! Thanks for the suggestion. That was a Bob Curtis pub - correct? 
  • Options
    bought it on kindle last night - i only read for half hour so when i get into bed before i fall asleep so will take a while to finish but so far its a good read  
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    stonemuse said:
    My 100 books from Amazon came this morning. 
    Hello Stewart - I'm sure you made a typo and it meant to be 1 but if it's 100 book show me the receipt!! Cheers, Graham

• Options
    Stewart said:

Down the road Mate! Thanks for the suggestion. That was a Bob Curtis pub - correct? 
    Bob used to drink in the British Oak, saw him there many times. 
  • Options
    Ordered my copy.  Remember as a teenager growing up in the 70's how excited I was by Graham's appearance in the first team and just being a few years older than me.  I quickly saw just how good Graham was and therefore how shocked and disappointed I was that his injury stopped what would in all likelihood have been a career at the top of the game, so will look forward to reading the book to find out what followed.

I was at school at Eaglesfield at the time of Graham's injury and after Theo Foley was sacked at Charlton he did some football coaching at the school. He was a very hard taskmaster on us kids but that's another story, but I also have vague memories of Graham also doing some coaching at the school too, I assume after his injury (this could of course just be my 60 year old mind playing tricks on me though).

Good luck to Graham on the book and look forward to a walk down memory lane.
    Thank you for the kind words Eric- they mean a lot to me.  Yes I did coach at Catford briefly before I left for South Africa. Great times and challenging Mate - Enjoy a few belly laughs and tell me what you think - Cheers, Graham
  • Options
    Received my copy through the post today , working my way through it , so far so good.
  • Options
    Received my copy through the post today , working my way through it , so far so good.
    Thanks - Let me know what you enjoyed the most - Cheers, Graham