Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Not many rumours I take it? 
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?
  • People just plucking names out of the air.
  • Grant is the sort of player we should aspire to definitely but it’s hard to believe that there isn’t any Championship interest which I would think blows us out of the water.
  • Not many rumours I take it? 
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Russell Grant?
  • Scoham said:
    Not many rumours I take it? 
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?
    At least 3 Championship clubs are in talks with Lincoln.
  • edited June 2021
    Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?
    If true then it seems very unlikely but I still wouldn’t completely rule anything out.

Are they offering regular first team football? How many will go on to agree a fee? How many rumours are agent talk to get the possible deal?

Gallen has spoken before about keeping multiple plates spilling - you may be working away on several deals for one position in your squad. Grant might not be the main target for any of those clubs, interest and talks can end at any time for various reasons.

As mentioned above Wiggins is a great example, presumably he turned down Watford as he wasn’t guaranteed playing time.

Given we’ll be looking at good young players I wouldn’t be surprised to see some come in who were linked with clubs higher up (not necessarily Grant). Not every player will get their ideal move and not every rumour has truth in it - wasn’t that long ago we signed Yassin Moutaouakil, the France u21 captain linked with Barcelona.
  • Don’t see why we couldn’t get Grant, Wiggins was in talks with Watford shortly before joining us. 
  • Jorge Grant
  • edited June 2021
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?
    If true then it seems very unlikely but I still wouldn’t completely rule anything out.

Are they offering regular first team football? How many will go on to agree a fee? How many rumours are agent talk to get the possible deal?

Gallen has spoken before about keeping multiple plates spilling - you may be working away on several deals for one position in your squad. Grant might not be the main target for any of those clubs, interest and talks can end at any time for various reasons.

As mentioned above Wiggins is a great example, presumably he turned down Watford as he wasn’t guaranteed playing time.

Given we’ll be looking at good young players I wouldn’t be surprised to see some come in who were linked with clubs higher up (not necessarily Grant). Not every player will get their ideal move and not every rumour has truth in it - wasn’t that long ago we signed Yassin Moutaouakil, the France u21 captain linked with Barcelona.
    I am not sure how much faith I have in this idea we are looking at "young players".  I think there is a big difference between old players and young players, if you know what I mean.

Watson, Pratley and arguably Gunter and Pearce are old players.  I would say Morgan and DJ are young.  We have a big talent gap between last year's U18s and Morgan, for multiple reasons, and that needs addressing as well. 

But of the 8-10 1st team players we currently need I wouldn't expect many, or any, to be both permanent signings and say under 23.  Maybe one or two?

I would expect 5 or 6 players of a similar age to Gilbey, Washington, Stockley, Inniss etc in the 25-28 type range.   We need to be younger than last season but that doesn't necessarily mean 8 players u23. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?

We’ll see, but I will be shocked if we sign him. 
  • Jorge Grant 
  • Jorge Grant
  • Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?
    If this clubs are Coventry, Blackpool and Huddersfield, why not us? We could get promoted and either one of those could get relegated
  • Jorge grant 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?

I am not sure how much faith I have in this idea we are looking at "young players".  I think there is a big difference between old players and young players, if you know what I mean.

Watson, Pratley and arguably Gunter and Pearce are old players.  I would say Morgan and DJ are young.  We have a big talent gap between last year's U18s and Morgan, for multiple reasons, and that needs addressing as well. 

But of the 8-10 1st team players we currently need I wouldn't expect many, or any, to be both permanent signings and say under 23.  Maybe one or two?

I would expect 5 or 6 players of a similar age to Gilbey, Washington, Stockley, Inniss etc in the 25-28 type range.   We need to be younger than last season but that doesn't necessarily mean 8 players u23. 
    I agree, we know we’re looking to lower the average age of the squad, younger rather than young would be a better description. I really meant players up to their mid 20s who could grow with the club over 2/3 years rather than a rigid cut off point of say u23.

Having a look Grant is already 26 but I’d include him in that bracket (just about), he’s a player on the up who could be doing well in the Championship over the next few years.
  • One thing that is being forgotten is a lot of championship clubs can't or won't pay a transfer fee.  If a Fulham or Bournemouth want someone we have got little or no chance of competing.  Remember these clubs are already lumbered with a big wage bill and now probably players they would normally want to move on. 

We can't afford it either, but Thomas can, at that could be a big difference. 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant 
    No chance
    Why not?

We’ll see, but I will be shocked if we sign him. 
    So would I, but I think we could see a few shocks. Like I said not every player will get their ideal move.
  • Foster Grant
  • Sponsored links:

• Avram Grant 
  • I heard George Graham but was just a name
  • Grant Mitchell
  • Kim Grant
  • Charlton have got a grant 
  • Ulysses S. Grant
    Might be a tight fit to get the name on the shirt
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!