Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Interesting that the word “data” is being used so much in interviews regarding new signings. Surely every club in the land relies heavily on data to find and recruit players?

It may suggest we are looking in markets outside our immediate reach (Championship & League 2), similar to Brentford’s scouting of Ligue 2
  • I don’t trust Roddy… he’s done nothing to earn that trust so far. Do we know anything that’s be delivered? Maybe he has but he’s been invisible apart from the rumours of not like Bow

Gallen on the other hand I trust implicitly.
  • Maccn05 said:
    I don’t trust Roddy… he’s done nothing to earn that trust so far. Do we know anything that’s be delivered? Maybe he has but he’s been invisible apart from the rumours of not like Bow

Roddy was not behind the situation with Bowyer 
  • edited June 2021
    PWR.
    The comment from Addickins is very welcome.
    However, in saying “they all want to stay” is one thing (in principle), but it doesn’t say that terms have been agreed or that they may get better deals elsewhere than we are prepared to offer, now that’s another matter altogether.
  • What we could do is tell all of the players that want to stay but are keeping their options open to F off, then sign players who want to stay at their clubs but are keeping their options open! You couldn't make it up!
  • Doesn't the new work permit system make it a bit harder to sign players from say Scandinavia? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Doesn't the new work permit system make it a bit harder to sign players from say Scandinavia? 
    I think its easier to sign them if they were the League winners and played regular football

If they played regular football, got relegated from that top tier and arent a regular international then yeah it probably will be harder.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Doesn't the new work permit system make it a bit harder to sign players from say Scandinavia? 
    I think its easier to sign them if they were the League winners and played regular football

If they played regular football, got relegated from that top tier and arent a regular international then yeah it probably will be harder.
    That's what I was wondering , if we were looking at some young talent from Scandinavian leagues that maybe have a couple U21 caps if they'd actually qualify. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

That's what I was wondering , if we were looking at some young talent from Scandinavian leagues that maybe have a couple U21 caps if they'd actually qualify. 
    Yeah U21 caps seem to be fine too, provided they're over the age of 18.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12148297/brexit-fa-premier-league-and-english-football-league-agree-points-based-system-for-european-transfers
  • Full trust in the team that the signings are coming and that there working hard to get things sorted.

In the end, I personally rather they took there time to make the right signings than rush and sign some stinkers.
  • Maccn05 said:
    I don’t trust Roddy… he’s done nothing to earn that trust so far. Do we know anything that’s be delivered? Maybe he has but he’s been invisible apart from the rumours of not like Bow

Didn't he 'deliver' Adkins?
  • Dizzle said:
    I had a ‘positive conversation’ with the missus about having a roll around the other day but nothing seems to have materialised.

Therefore, until it is done, it is all hear say and speculation. 

WIOTOS
    Next 2 weeks are crucial...
  • MarcusH26 said:
    It makes it almost impossible for a club at our level
  • edited June 2021
    Dizzle said:
    I had a ‘positive conversation’ with the missus about having a roll around the other day but nothing seems to have materialised.

WIOTOS
    There are official websites for things like that?  

• Sponsored links:

• isn’t Roddy basically the man who put TS and Charlton together...
  • J BLOCK said:
    isn’t Roddy basically the man who put TS and Charlton together...

Wasnt that the commercial director`?
  • CAFCsayer said:
    J BLOCK said:
    isn’t Roddy basically the man who put TS and Charlton together...

Wasnt that the commercial director`?
    Mumford? Yeah, think you might be right 
  • It was Mumford, not Roddy.
  • Dizzle said:

WIOTOS
    I've heard that the Cowley brothers are also interested in her
    Brilliant. Genuine lol 
  • Dizzle said:

WIOTOS
    I've heard that the Cowley brothers are also interested in her
    Is there any possibility of her coming out on loan? 
    And does she pass the all important CL height test!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!