Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone mentioned Terell Thomas?
    Terry-Thomas played the cad to perfection
    Oiyyyy!
  • thenewbie said:
    Deji Oshilaja is set to stay in League One following his Charlton Athletic release – with the South Londoner set to sign for Burton Albion.
    That's a pretty good move for both parties, think he'll do alright there. 
    If he can improve a team that did the double over us last year and we released  him ,what does that say about who is a great signing.
    Not much. It says that we underachieved last season I suppose but even that's subjective.
  • I heard a rumour that adkins has really bought into Charlton and was going to sign Lionel Messi but then realised he doesn't pass the heigh test. 
  • Has TS bought anybody or do we have to send him LinkedIn messages, like when the Takeover was nearly complete!?

Only once he heard us through direct messages did it all come together right!!
  • mendonca said:
    Has TS bought anybody or do we have to send him LinkedIn messages, like when the Takeover was nearly complete!?

I'm sure he loves (not) all the twitter messages saying "you need to sign players", like he doesn't already know. He is probably getting bombarded on LinkedIn too.  
  • mendonca said:
    Has TS bought anybody or do we have to send him LinkedIn messages, like when the Takeover was nearly complete!?

Take it this is a tongue in cheek comment, I should think that Thomas has given a budget to Steve/Ged and Nige, and expect it to be adhered to, that I will have thought was the extent of Thomass input into any signings.
    Good natured comments to Thomas would have been received well i think. B)
  • Been reported on news now Miller open to a return to charlton and Liverpool are letting him go.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Been reported on news now Miller open to a return to charlton and Liverpool are letting him go.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-man-bundesliga-transfer-interest-20520215.amp

This is quite intresting its a few weeks old now though.  Not sure it's been posted before.

I would be suprised if we signed Millar on loan before the season starts.  I would think they would want a championship club, I know Blackburn were keen, or certainly Liverpool were keen on him going there.

It's one I wouldn't rule out happening but just not yet. 
  • edited June 2021
    Just to create a bit of debate over another Instagram account...

Does this mean Forster-Caskey has signed a new deal or is leaving Sparrows Lane? ;)

• Sponsored links:

• What does a post with a red filter mean then? 

• Probably made up but I’ll take anything at this point
  • Just to create a bit of debate over another Instagram account...

Does this mean Forster-Caskey has signed a new deal or is leaving Sparrows Lane? ;)

Can I be the first to say:

"Great he will be the best signing of the January window and help us consolidate our lead at the top of the table."

Or

"Good, he was shit anyway and can't be paying players that are injured, regardless of the circumstances". 

Depending on the outcome? 

• PWADDICK said:

Probably made up but I’ll take anything at this point
    Was linked with us last summer wasn't he and January?  The new Kieron Agard.

Would be the sort of signing I am expecting.  I know others will say we should be aiming higher or taking punts on nonleague and league 2 players. 
  • Jake is doing rehab work at Sparrows Lane
    No place for facts and common sense here..... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    PWADDICK said:

Probably made up but I’ll take anything at this point
    Was linked with us last summer wasn't he and January?  The new Kieron Agard.

Would be the sort of signing I am expecting.  I know others will say we should be aiming higher or taking punts on nonleague and league 2 players. 
    Fairly similar to DJ in terms of stats and profile, so does sound plausible. Plus would be another winger now that Millar is gone.

Sounds like a fairly reasonable idea overall 
  • Just to create a bit of debate over another Instagram account...

His next post in his story is him doing rehab work in a knee brace btw, which he's been recording doing for a few weeks. Talk about selective reporting!
  • edited June 2021
    Is Terrell Thomas an uograde on Deji as the alternative right sided centre back to Inniss ? 

I liked him as a U23 and along with Ajayi wish we could have retained him longer ,
  • Sponsored links:

• Totally discounting the fact that it's made up by a random twitter account...

Adelakun would be a great signing for L1 - has been generally successful at this level wherever he's been (Scunthorpe, Hull). Potential to be a bit-part player (or more) at the level above too. He played a decent few games this past season before Bristol City recalled him and a couple of years back was a regular for Scunthorpe when they were challenging in the top six of those league.

His stock is low right now because he hasn't been able to get a game at Bristol City so he's probably available at a cut price but he's a London born player who might relish a chance to come back to the capital and play for a "big fish" club in the third tier, rebuild his career with a club that he can part of a long term plan.

He's only 24 too (I thought he was late twenties) so plenty of room to grow as well.
    probably wrong but thought I read somewhere he had been released?
  • Even better if so.
  • Even better if so.

yes, out of contract.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Think any winger (especially at this level) is going to have at least a touch of inconsistency, it's why they are still at this level and not higher.

That said, as pointed out above this rumour is directly and solely sourced to some Twitter rando so massive pinch of salt as to accuracy in the first place.
  • Joe Kizzi, attacking full back, leaving Bromley for pastures unknown

1/92 chance he's joining Charlton
  • Joe Kizzi, attacking full back, leaving Bromley for pastures unknown

1/92 chance he's joining Charlton
    Calling @Dazzler21 you have done it now Henry 🤭
  • A 27yo right back who hasn’t ever played league football …
  • sammy391 said:
    A 27yo right back who hasn’t ever played league football …
    Yeah sign him up. 
  • sammy391 said:
    A 27yo right back who hasn’t ever played league football …
    There will be melt down when a 24 year old nonleague player no one has ever heard of signs of Wycombe because "we missed out".

Lots of players leaving Bromley for league football, Kizzi is one of them.  I suspect some of them may well end up in league 1.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!