Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    RedRobin said:
    cafc999 said:
    Shane Ferguson wants 6k a week so may not happen now as we are not willing to pay that 
    Dont think he is the type of player we should be looking at plus he’s ex Millwall. 
    So was Harry Cripps. Just sayin’. 

And what’s this about Randle and Hopkirk? I thought one of them was deceased?
    Be able to ghost through the opposition defence then won't he!
  • Scoham said:
    Can anyone share the statement as I cant see it from the links to Twitter and I dont have a twitter account myself
    Don’t bother just the rantings of a deluded narcissist.
    But highlights are that Gallen Roddy and Parkes “need to go because we should have had a new team in place by now”
    and he isn’t renewing his season ticket until he sees some evidence of improvement…

@DOUCHER  -  let him have it mate.
  • sam3110 said:
    When does our pre season start? As long as the vast majority of our signings are made by that date, then I don't care when they actually sign

2021/22 season key dates

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60c077f9b06c0/202122-season-key-dates
  • In the 90's I sat 2 rows directly in front of Jonathan Ackworth. Every week he would shout out about the substitutions to Curbishley.  Christ knows how he thought  Alan could hear him. 

Other times he offered his advice on new players, one particular player at Hravesend who was a goal scorer.

25 years later he is still at it. Aaaghhh
    Steve Portway!  Great player
  • I haven't seen the posts today but he has in the past been quite abusive and will post non-stop so flooding a site/account

He's been banned by just about every Charlton forum despite being given multiple chances.
  • People on here went to school with Acworth from age 5.
    I've never heard of a car accident, he's always been the same to my knowledge.

• People on here went to school with Acworth from age 5.

No idea the that’s what I’ve been told.

But apparently he’s not happy with Gallen and Roddy and wants them sacked 👍🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Maccn05 said:
    People on here went to school with Acworth from age 5.

No idea the that’s what I’ve been told.

But apparently he’s not happy with Gallen and Roddy and wants them sacked 👍🏼
    Blimey they had better clear their desks then 😂
  • Scoham said:
    Can anyone share the statement as I cant see it from the links to Twitter and I dont have a twitter account myself
    Don’t bother just the rantings of a deluded narcissist.
    But highlights are that Gallen Roddy and Parkes “need to go because we should have had a new team in place by now”
    and he isn’t renewing his season ticket until he sees some evidence of improvement…

@DOUCHER  -  let him have it mate.
    I’ve closed the lid on that explosive little topic so not going to lambast ackers although his letter would have been a useful little exhibit a week or so ago, no question 
  • If Cawley’s still up for more “ask me anything” on tw@tter could someone please ask him if he’d rather be a tree that can feel pain or a snail that would never die?
  • Maccn05 said:
    The guy has mental capacity issues so while he posts nonsense constantly on social media maybe better not to mention or repost it.

I was told he suffered in an road accident in his youth and genuinely has some metal impairment because of this.

People I know, that know him say he’s harmless and loves the club. So let’s leave him it to and not judge.

I haven’t sent the content of the club but seems harsh to block because he’s complained surely muting would have been more appropriate? 
    If he did, the accident took place before he joined infants school coz he hasn’t changed since then - completely harmless and really quite a loveable character but definitely on the spectrum somewhere - he had left and right written on the insides of his trainers is probably a fitting example 
  • Swisdom said:
    In the 90's I sat 2 rows directly in front of Jonathan Ackworth. Every week he would shout out about the substitutions to Curbishley.  Christ knows how he thought  Alan could hear him. 

Other times he offered his advice on new players, one particular player at Hravesend who was a goal scorer.

Swisdom said:
    In the 90's I sat 2 rows directly in front of Jonathan Ackworth. Every week he would shout out about the substitutions to Curbishley.  Christ knows how he thought  Alan could hear him. 

Wow!!  that's a blast from the past, way back when I worked with a guy who was a big Gravesend  fan and he was always talking about Portway. Did he have a trial with us? I seem to remember him playing a few games for us at welling. 
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Wow!!  that's a blast from the past, way back when I worked with a guy who was a big Gravesend  fan and he was always talking about Portway. Did he have a trial with us? I seem to remember him playing a few games for us at welling. 
    https://theballisround.co.uk/2010/12/09/non-league-legends-steve-portway/
  • He means well
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Great read thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Humphrys is a younger and more mobile version of Stockley. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Humphrys is a younger and more mobile version of Stockley. 
    Humphrys is a very good player. If he gets a good move, I’d back him to be top goal scorer next season. 

Reminds me of Ricky Lambert but a lot quicker and more skilful.
  • Can't believe Wigan are in for Phil Foden, sort it out Tommy!
  • So certain people have been wetting the bed because of some school kid's tweets. Absolutely classic.
    Not the first time and won’t be the last! 
  • Scoham said: if 
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan Potentially doing what I’d like us to be doing… Making big moves early!

I was impressed Humphrys in the 4-4 and we all know how good Fraser is. Again why aren’t we in for these players?

If these signings happen Wigan will be a BIG threat this season.

That account now claiming Wigan also want Kyle Lafferty. But when you scroll a bit further down his tweets he mentions his last day of school...
    Does he go to the same school as Lyle Taylor?
  • Have any of the players with contracts expiring resigned yet? Also has Watson taken up his one year extension? 
  • Have any of the players with contracts expiring resigned yet? Also has Watson taken up his one year extension? 
    No, none of the 6 confirmed to have signed yet.
  • Yeah the silence from the club is strange but the whole league is quiet at the moment, only Bolton and Ipswich have made signings at the top end of the league. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!