Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan Potentially doing what I’d like us to be doing… Making big moves early!

I was impressed Humphrys in the 4-4 and we all know how good Fraser is. Again why aren’t we in for these players?

If these signings happen Wigan will be a BIG threat this season.

Wow - They are going to be big players next season 
    Based on a random tweet?
  • edited June 2021
    To be fair if Wigan are owned by proper Middle East money now and not fake ones then they're always going to be a threat!!

And good luck to them if they are up there, been through just as much shite (if not worse) as us this last year, shouldn't even be in the League One - Charlton on the other hand would be in League One even if Sheffield Wednesday had received the proper punishment as they'd have rightfully gone down instead of Wigan.
    Why? We finished 22nd
    Wigan going into Administration was a complete charade - They should have been the ones that stayed up as their points deduction etc. should never have happened, Sheffield Wednesday should have taken their place

i.e. We'd still have finished 22nd
  • I do find it funny that people get irate wondering why we aren't trying to get our business done early like it's never occurred to the people whose jobs signing players are that this might be a good thing. I can imagine Sandgaard, Adkins and Gallen checking this thread today and shouting 'of course! Early! Why didn't we think of that?? Put away the Scrabble Thomas, we've got some actual work to do'. We will be talking to players, conversations will be happening with agents and other clubs, and we're obviously keeping things quiet around transfers. Some players will be available later than others, and we may need to wait for other moves to happen before certain players become available. I'm sure the staff aren't just sitting on their hands thinking about soup while all the good players around them are bought up though.
    Maybe try to be slightly less patronising…

Countless managers have said many times the ideal is to get a our business done early.

So well done to the likes or Ipswich that have been and Wigan who look like they could …. Both clubs with money, supposedly like us.

By NA’s own admission we didn’t even start talking to our own players until the season ended so we have no idea how planned or not we are.
  • AndyG said:
    The way I'm seeing things at the moment is that the so called top league one clubs all seem to be trying to sign what would be considered the top league one target players. We havent been mentioned really, I don't doubt for 1 second that the club are being active but not making things public. Maybe we are not trying to sign these top league one targets, maybe we are trying to sign above that level ? or we could be trying to sign them and not doing so and we will be rushing around in a couple of months trying to sign players that are still available. 
    It’s one of many grey areas right now … what level are we looking at Championship or below?

The first signing is key as it will show the level of ambition and settle nerves … or create more 😬
  • To be fair if Wigan are owned by proper Middle East money now and not fake ones then they're always going to be a threat!!

And good luck to them if they are up there, been through just as much shite (if not worse) as us this last year, shouldn't even be in the League One - Charlton on the other hand would be in League One even if Sheffield Wednesday had received the proper punishment as they'd have rightfully gone down instead of Wigan.
    Why? We finished 22nd
    Wigan going into Administration was a complete charade - They should have been the ones that stayed up as their points deduction etc. should never have happened, Sheffield Wednesday should have taken their place

i.e. We'd still have finished 22nd
    I have a lot of sympathy for Wigan, but they still went into Administration and therefore received the correct penalty. We deserved to go down because we had the second lowest points total, but if Sheffield Wednesday had received the correct penalty, we would have stayed up. Don't think it's correct to say that if Wednesday had, Wigan would have stayed up instead because the two punishments aren't linked. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    AndyG said:
    The way I'm seeing things at the moment is that the so called top league one clubs all seem to be trying to sign what would be considered the top league one target players. We havent been mentioned really, I don't doubt for 1 second that the club are being active but not making things public. Maybe we are not trying to sign these top league one targets, maybe we are trying to sign above that level ? or we could be trying to sign them and not doing so and we will be rushing around in a couple of months trying to sign players that are still available. 
    It’s one of many grey areas right now … what level are we looking at Championship or below?

The first signing is key as it will show the level of ambition and settle nerves … or create more 😬
    Dont think that the first signing could even be key to be honest

Could easily end up signing a player more designed to be backup / U23s first if thats who we get a deal done quickest with.
  • I suspect much will depend on our recruitment strategy, as others have said, and what model we will follow. Norwich/Brentford type approaches getting some real quality potential players in from abroad Buendia (c£1m), Pukki (Free) etc without a proven track record in League 1 or Championship or a Luton/Wycombe type approach where they focus on lower league experienced players?

Personally, I hope they mix it up and bring in a bit of both. Whether it happens today, tomorrow or next week I don’t really care as long as the coaching side have long enough to settle them in and understand NA’s style of play before the big kick off in August.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:

I was impressed Humphrys in the 4-4 and we all know how good Fraser is. Again why aren’t we in for these players?

Based on a random tweet?
    Of course. All rumours about us are unsourced nonsense, all rumours about other clubs are done deals
    What rumours?
  • AndyG said:
    I’m sticking with we are very active, talking to and near to signing these type of players and thankfully we don’t have anyone leaking rumours to journalists, ‘experts’ on Twitter etc. 
  • Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:

Based on a random tweet?
    But...but...but that person on Twitter has nearly 300 followers, must be well in the know with all the signings 😉
  • edited June 2021
    Nothings happening .....

So..... Can I start a song?

WE ARE THE J BLOCK, WE ARE THE J BLOCK, WE ARE THE J BLOCK COVERED END

😂😂😂😂
  • Would you say imminent callum?
  • Sponsored links:

• Would you say imminent callum?
    Imminently imminent, some might say.
  • edited June 2021
    Addickted said:
    Some right knicker wetting on this thread.

Good job us oldies have some patience.
    I believe the correct term is 'bedwetting'. Although that fell out of use after it was harnessed to belittle people worried about a lack of activity in a past transfer window, after which it turned out we were actually under a transfer embargo the whole time. 
  • Addickted said:
    Some right knicker wetting on this thread.

Good job us oldies have some patience.
    Or Tena ladies
  • 995632 said:
    T
    Not the worst rumour I’ve seen posted on here, but going to take some time to work it out 😉
  • 995632 said:
    T
    Not the worst rumour I’ve seen posted on here, but going to take some time to work it out 😉
    He's asking if you want some, do you want sugar?
  • Shane Ferguson wants 6k a week so may not happen now as we are not willing to pay that 
  • Not still nicking that sand in the Car Park?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!