Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• cafc999 said:
    Shane Ferguson wants 6k a week so may not happen now as we are not willing to pay that 
    good, think we can do a lot better
  • I was at the Valley yesterday.

Place was rammed, couldn't find a parking space for love nor money but that might have been people being vaccinated rather than agents and players.

Same here Henry worst then a match day …. it was the club shop who told me about the kit and sponsor in July … 
  • edited June 2021
    cafc999 said:
    Shane Ferguson wants 6k a week so may not happen now as we are not willing to pay that 
    Dont think he is the type of player we should be looking at plus he’s ex Millwall. 
  • 995632 said:
    T
    Not the worst rumour I’ve seen posted on here, but going to take some time to work it out 😉
    Cryptic or typo... You decide
  • Maccn05 said:
    Nothing happening soon then by the looks of it. From the only source anyone on here believes…

Oh now you’ve done it...
  • Maccn05 said:
    AndyG said:
    The way I'm seeing things at the moment is that the so called top league one clubs all seem to be trying to sign what would be considered the top league one target players. We havent been mentioned really, I don't doubt for 1 second that the club are being active but not making things public. Maybe we are not trying to sign these top league one targets, maybe we are trying to sign above that level ? or we could be trying to sign them and not doing so and we will be rushing around in a couple of months trying to sign players that are still available. 
    It’s one of many grey areas right now … what level are we looking at Championship or below?

The first signing is key
    as it will show the level of ambition and settle nerves … or create more 😬
    No it’s not. On what basis do you make that claim ? Our first signing could be anything from our number one priority target right down to a youngster for the development squad. Some people really do need to get a grip. 
    YAWN 🥱 Grumpy old man alert!

You would expect the first proper signing to be big hitter to set the tone / drive season tickets. Especially given TS ego and flair for the dramatic.
  • Going back to Scott Twine, I think that's a very good move for him. A less pressurised environment than one of the "big" clubs in L1 where promotion is expected, the style of MKD's football will suit him and if he succeeds, will help him secure his next move. At 21 he's got time on his side. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Nothing happening soon then by the looks of it. From the only source anyone on here believes…

Which again proves absolutely nothing except that we are not close to actually announcing anything. Doesn't prove talks aren't ongoing, doesn't prove things aren't happening, just that there is nothing known to be close to announcement.

So absolutely nothing changed, and that's assuming Cawley will hear about it in advance, which is not a given.
  • edited June 2021
    Maccn05 said:

Oh now you’ve done it...
    This place is going to go into meltdown!! 
  • I didn’t say talks weren’t happening? Some really grumpy people on here.

Just sharing from a reliable source that no signings are likely this week.

Any issue with that?
  • edited June 2021
    RedRobin said:

We wasn’t in for Twine according to Cawley. 
    I think Cawley’s spinning us a yarn with that comment.
  • Cawley is as only as good as the info he is fed from the club and agents. 

If he hasn’t been informed, doesn’t mean something isn’t happening in the background
  • RedRobin said:

But why not, we should be, maybe Thomas is a blagger, maybe he’s Roland in a mask

• RedRobin said:

But we should be in for players like Twine
  • Sponsored links:

• Quick! Get the Super Duper phone and Mountain Dew!
  • I realise that nothing seems to be happening regarding our own signings, and non existent rumours, but I am getting seriously hacked off reading about every other teams rumours and signings I can tell you B)
  • edited June 2021
    Cawley will only know what he is told, club keeping cards to their chests at the moment with no info coming out. Perhaps they’ve decided not to leak to Cawley, who knows! We will sign players, stop panicking 😂
  • doronron said:
    RedRobin said:

But we should be in for players like Twine
    Not in for Twine =/= not in for players like Twine. If we have Gilbey, do we need/can we afford Twine as well?
  • The sun is shining 
    The birds are singing 
    And

That's about it for now.

Be patient my friends. 
  • I was at the Valley yesterday.

Place was rammed, couldn't find a parking space for love nor money but that might have been people being vaccinated rather than agents and players.

They soon bunched up when Bowyer rocked up, the mouthy git. A steward on his way to tell me “you can’t park there” suddenly remembered there was somewhere he had to be. 😂

If he hasn’t been informed, doesn’t mean something isn’t happening in the background
    Remember, he got a lot of info from Bows. Adkins might not be that so inclined.

and he did have a direct line to Bowyer, maybe Adkins won't be so forthcoming.
  • Maccn05 said:

Enough to get the juices flowing….
  • I think most clubs have one local member of the press onside? It works both ways doesn’t when they want to get certain narratives out etc?

id expect him to be in the know still, maybe not as matey as he was with Bow
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!