Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    Yeah the silence from the club is strange but the whole league is quiet at the moment, only Bolton and Ipswich have made signings at the top end of the league. 
    Wigan and Oxford as well
  • Are Pompey clearing the decks or slashing the wage bill? 
  • Scoham said:
    Have any of the players with contracts expiring resigned yet? Also has Watson taken up his one year extension? 
    No, none of the 6 confirmed to have signed yet.
    And none have been confirmed not to be signing yet. You would expect one of the two with at least some of them unless all six are still in negotiations, but all six? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Are Pompey clearing the decks or slashing the wage bill? 
    Certainly going to be another squad overhaul there given the number of players they have left

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_F.C.#Players
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Are Pompey clearing the decks or slashing the wage bill? 
    This article Cowley makes it sound like they’re cutting their wage bill.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/detailed-danny-cowley-reveals-key-factor-which-is-set-to-see-portsmouth-player-of-the-season-craig-macgillivray-depart-3242353

• So out hottest source for transfer intelligence to date is a naked schoolboy from Wigan?
  • Scoham said:
    Have any of the players with contracts expiring resigned yet? Also has Watson taken up his one year extension? 
    No, none of the 6 confirmed to have signed yet.
    Pearce and JFC both been in for fitness work , Pearce in today ( so is Adkins) ….. so expect both to confirm 

• So out hottest source for transfer intelligence to date is a naked schoolboy from Wigan?
    Probably gets more right than Alan Nixon though 
  • edited June 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Yeah the silence from the club is strange but the whole league is quiet at the moment, only Bolton and Ipswich have made signings at the top end of the league. 
    Wigan and Oxford as well
    My point is we are in the same boat as Pompey, Rotherham, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Lincoln and Wycombe in not making. 
    Early days and once players start coming back from their staycations we will start seeing some movement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone mentioned Terell Thomas?
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone mentioned Terell Thomas?
    Have seen he’s leaving Wimbledon on a free with Blackburn and Barnsley interested. I’d have him back, feel he was unlucky not to break into the first team but he’s cb partners in the 18’s and 23’s were Gomez and Konsa. Have you heard something? 
  • RedRobin said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Have seen he’s leaving Wimbledon on a free with Blackburn and Barnsley interested. I’d have him back, feel he was unlucky not to break into the first team but he’s cb partners in the 18’s and 23’s were Gomez and Konsa. 
    I thought re signing former players was a no no?
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Have seen he’s leaving Wimbledon on a free with Blackburn and Barnsley interested. I’d have him back, feel he was unlucky not to break into the first team but he’s cb partners in the 18’s and 23’s were Gomez and Konsa. 
    I thought re signing former players was a no no?
    It's a yes for some and a no no for others, in fact the better they were for us the more no no it is!

Not heard that we are intrested but heard the Rotherham are. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Have seen he’s leaving Wimbledon on a free with Blackburn and Barnsley interested. I’d have him back, feel he was unlucky not to break into the first team but he’s cb partners in the 18’s and 23’s were Gomez and Konsa. Have you heard something? 
    He has looked like a non league player whenever I have seen him. I’ve seen him play a few times (not against us) and he has looked poor. 

Maybe I jinx him and if we sign him, I should send my season tickets back
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Being linked to Sunderland.
  • Thomas got removed at the valley this season because he had a nightmare game …. no where near championship level struggles at league one level 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Terry-Thomas played the cad to perfection
    “One for you two for me” 😈
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    ✅ hungry young player
    ❌ former player

Shrodkins signing, might explain why no senior players have signed yet. They tick all the boxes yet at the same time break all the rules, making all signings both impossible and confirmed.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ✅ hungry young player
    ❌ former player

Shrodkins signing, might explain why no senior players have signed yet. They tick all the boxes yet at the same time break all the rules, making all signings both impossible and confirmed.
    Add in

Player of the year (19/20) at a league one club ✅

Released by a club lower than us last season ❌
  • School of Cock
  • Note that Nige says it has been very busy past month with recruiting, sounds promising, but the silence as far as letting the supporters know where we are is deafening, lets just take it that the club are confident in how things are progressing, and be patient. B)
  • Note that Nige says it has been very busy past month with recruiting, sounds promising, but the silence as far as letting the supporters know where we are is deafening, lets just take it that the club are confident in how things are progressing, and be patient. B)
    I am intrigued by the silence more than worried about it.  Other than Stockley there hasn't been a sniff of anything at all of note.

No one I would expect us to be in for has signed for anyone else.  
  • Deji Oshilaja is set to stay in League One following his Charlton Athletic release – with the South Londoner set to sign for Burton Albion.
  • Deji Oshilaja is set to stay in League One following his Charlton Athletic release – with the South Londoner set to sign for Burton Albion.
    That's a pretty good move for both parties, think he'll do alright there. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Note that Nige says it has been very busy past month with recruiting, sounds promising, but the silence as far as letting the supporters know where we are is deafening, lets just take it that the club are confident in how things are progressing, and be patient. B)
    I am intrigued by the silence more than worried about it.  Other than Stockley there hasn't been a sniff of anything at all of note.

No one I would expect us to be in for has signed for anyone else.  
    I am in agreement with you and do find it intriguing how quiet things are, and hopefully some news will be forthcoming relatively soon before the emotions are reversed, also, yes, fingers crossed our targets are still on the table as you say.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!