Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• can’t wait for Thomas to put out a tweet saying, lads…. Don’t worry about the lack of transfer activity, we’re waiting for the Euros to finish.
  • cafc999 said:
    Shane Ferguson wants 6k a week so may not happen now as we are not willing to pay that 
    Not the type of player we should be looking at, expensive and on the decline. Not to mention a spanner.
    Totally agree
  • Just to put some things into perspective. Family member who works for a prem club has said that everyone from the prem down (apart from the 3 relegated) are almost all now broke from the pandemic. Stating that apart from those teams relegated the championship teams won’t spend any transfer fees. So more than likely there will be a ripple affect where clubs are negotiating their high earners off their books for free.  

Thomas is a business man and seems like an intelligent person so I doubt we’re splashing our cash around. Especially as there’s no guarantee of normality this December. 

Also stated agents are still expecting stupid fees which clubs can no longer afford. So this is stopping the transfers going through. 

Also stated Palace unless they get Fat Frank in and all Chelsea loans they’re almost certain to be relegated....fingers crossed.

Relax...I expect most transfers will happen towards the end of the window.
  • can’t wait for Thomas to put out a tweet saying, lads…. Don’t worry about the lack of transfer activity, we’re waiting for a shipment of rubber to arrive
    Corrected for you … 

For you youngsters, when we nearly went bust in the 1980’s, Mark Hulyer was working with an African Prince and the was going to fund the club from the proceeds of his shipment of rubber. 
  • Fuck it!  Where's the crisps and fizzy pop yer bastards?
  • Fuck it!  Where's the crisps and fizzy pop yer bastards?
    Stocked up and ready for a crazy 24 hours 🤪

• Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    When does our pre season start? As long as the vast majority of our signings are made by that date, then I don't care when they actually sign
    Id imagine around two weeks before our first friendly 
  • edited June 2021
    ButtleJR said:

If you can read this, it's very entertaining...
    I thought Garath’s open letter flowed a little better.
  • ButtleJR said: I 

If you can read this, it's very entertaining...
    Still a better statement than the ‘…’one to be fair.
  • classic Ackworth !!
  • Jesus that guy is having a full on meltdown on his twitter. Great entertainment before I clock out though.
  • I think this poor fella must've read all 135 pages of this thread without finding a single credible rumour and has full on lost the plot
  • Sponsored links:

• So with 4000 posts on this thread so far do we have any actual strong rumours linking us with a good player yet? Or should I just take the advice of some here and wait a month until we supposedly get active?
  • Dazzler, add me to the list.

I was walking on my round and I saw a moving truck called 'Bishop's move'. On the long awaited June the 9th as well? 

• JA came through the Alderwood School academy - a hotbed of football expert development 
  • DOUCHER said:
    JA came through the Alderwood School academy - a hotbed of football expert development 
    Same place as @ElfsborgAddick
  • RedRobin said:
    cafc999 said:
    Shane Ferguson wants 6k a week so may not happen now as we are not willing to pay that 
    Dont think he is the type of player we should be looking at plus he’s ex Millwall. 
    So was Harry Cripps. Just sayin’. 

And what’s this about Randle and Hopkirk? I thought one of them was deceased?
  • I think he was doing his own homage to Southgates open letter, staggeringly arrogant of him to think it would be taken seriously.
    Ackworth that is!
  • Scoham said:
    Can anyone share the statement as I cant see it from the links to Twitter and I dont have a twitter account myself
  • The statement has been deleted from his Twitter unless anyone saved a copy of it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!