Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Who is Scott twine?
    The sort of player who looked good enough against us to cause a mini panic after signing for someone else.
    If he was that good he would have signed for Charlton , Ipswich , Sheff Wed or Sunderland fact he joined MK tells you everything 
    That’s a slightly simplistic way of looking at things. People said the exactly the same thing when Scott Fraser signed for MK Dons. 

Twine had a lot of bigger clubs after him, it seems MK Dons have put all their eggs in one basket with signing him. They may even be spending the money they expect to accrue from selling Fraser.

MK Dons will be up there next year, let’s not forget they played us off the park at The Valley. They’ve got a really exciting young manager and a unique style of passing football, that’s more than what you can say about most League One clubs.

Remember back to 2011, as so many people like to, Wiggins was going to sign for Watford (a top Championship club at the time) and Green was going to cost 7 figures.  Days later they signed for us. 
    Vividly remember getting a text from my Watford supporting mate: "You Wiggins stealing c**ts". 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Who is Scott twine?
    The sort of player who looked good enough against us to cause a mini panic after signing for someone else.
    If he was that good he would have signed for Charlton , Ipswich , Sheff Wed or Sunderland fact he joined MK tells you everything 
    That’s a slightly simplistic way of looking at things. People said the exactly the same thing when Scott Fraser signed for MK Dons. 

Twine had a lot of bigger clubs after him, it seems MK Dons have put all their eggs in one basket with signing him. They may even be spending the money they expect to accrue from selling Fraser.

MK Dons will be up there next year, let’s not forget they played us off the park at The Valley. They’ve got a really exciting young manager and a unique style of passing football, that’s more than what you can say about most League One clubs.
    Did he?  Or was Twine linked to a lot of bigger clubs by some lazy journalist who has probably never even seen him play?

We don't even know who we are intrested in bar a couple of "I heard"s which I myself share as well, so I am not having a dig at anyone.  The only really credible ones are the Pompey keeper and Stockley (both confirmed by Cawley) and that we were intrested in Randall and Kirk in January.  Both under a salary cap and a different manager.

Remember back to 2011, as so many people like to, Wiggins was going to sign for Watford (a top Championship club at the time) and Green was going to cost 7 figures.  Days later they signed for us. 
    Yes, he was. Scott Twine was regularly raved about last season - 21yo, 10+ goals and assists in 20/21 and pretty much all of his goals are worldies  from outside the box. 

Plenty were after him.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Who is Scott twine?

Did he?  Or was Twine linked to a lot of bigger clubs by some lazy journalist who has probably never even seen him play?

We don't even know who we are intrested in bar a couple of "I heard"s which I myself share as well, so I am not having a dig at anyone.  The only really credible ones are the Pompey keeper and Stockley (both confirmed by Cawley) and that we were intrested in Randall and Kirk in January.  Both under a salary cap and a different manager.

Yes, he was. Scott Twine was regularly raved about last season - 21yo, 10+ goals and assists in 20/21 and pretty much all of his goals are worldies  from outside the box. 

Plenty were after him.
    Source?  Name one big club you know were after him.  Name one other club that were after him. 

How many players do you see regularly linked with moves to "big clubs" in the press then rock up at a much smaller club. 

Dozens a season.  

I didn't say he wasn't good, or score worldies, I said you don't KNOW who was intrested in him enough to try and sign him.  Unless your his agent. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Who is Scott twine?

Plenty were after him.
    Source?  Name one big club you know were after him.  Name one other club that were after him. 

How many players do you see regularly linked with moves to "big clubs" in the press then rock up at a much smaller club. 

Dozens a season.  

I didn't say he wasn't good, or score worldies, I said you don't KNOW who was intrested in him enough to try and sign him.  Unless your his agent. 

You’re being a bit pedantic over something so trivial. 

Here’s a quote from Russell Martin: “He was wanted by a number of clubs but we’ve been able to act quickly in bringing him into the club

He’s a quote from Scott Twine in his first MK Dons interview: “There were a few clubs interested but after I spoke to the Gaffer, he sold it to me. From that day, I couldn't wait to sign and get it sorted.”

It’s not a secret other clubs wanted him, you can look online and find a number of Championship and League One clubs linked with him. 
  • I think Twine has been stringing us along.

He is a dirty Twine
    All right! All right!

He isn't going to sign for us, so qui-Twine-ing.

(Sorry 🙃)
  • Let the games begin….
  • Right...ive woke up and seen no new signings...protest outside the ground? WHOS WITH ME!? 😁
  • The 9th of June is upon us…open the floodgates of Premiership signings 

• Sponsored links:

• Thought we would have signed someone by now.
    I presume TS has been in the States for the last few weeks?
    I think we've all read that he likes to have heavy involvement in dealings
    Is this proving a hindrance seeing that he is so far away?
    Must be difficult to convince people  of your vision over a Skype call as opposed to being there in person.
  • Transfer window officially open, CAFC 116 years old today, time to properly kick off the TS era with 5, no, 10 new signings announced in one go...
  • Thought we would have signed someone by now.
    I presume TS has been in the States for the last few weeks?
    I think we've all read that he likes to have heavy involvement in dealings
    Is this proving a hindrance seeing that he is so far away?
    Must be difficult to convince people  of your vision over a Skype call as opposed to being there in person.
    I think TS has been over here since the season ended.
  • Signings today you say!

• If my dump this morning is anything to go by, two small signings and a wisp of desperation!
  • If my dump this morning is anything to go by, two small signings and a wisp of desperation!
    solly and oztumer?
  • It’s June…

• I'd worry if it was middle / end of July, yes ideally the sooner the better but not quite ready to panic just yet. In Thomas we trust (Sandgard not driesen lol) 

The one thing i don't quite understand, getting people in early there is pretty much no downside. Unless it's waiting for better options to become available.

Enjoy the Euros while we can then back onto this rubbish :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Wigan Potentially doing what I’d like us to be doing… Making big moves early!

I was impressed Humphrys in the 4-4 and we all know how good Fraser is. Again why aren’t we in for these players?

If these signings happen Wigan will be a BIG threat this season.

• Maccn05 said:
    Wigan Potentially doing what I’d like us to be doing… Making big moves early!

I was impressed Humphrys in the 4-4 and we all know how good Fraser is. Again why aren’t we in for these players?

Really is cousins a goldfish ? Can’t he remember his way around 
  • Maccn05 said:

Maybe we are? Being shown round a training ground doesn’t confirm a signing.

Is whoever tweeted that a reliable source? Could be a random fan making it up.

Cousins hasn’t played regularly since he was with us, I’m sure he’s had a few injuries. I thought many wanted players who could stay fit?

As you say it’s what Wigan are potentially doing, they haven’t done it yet. I’m hoping we see some signings soon but it’s still too early to panic.
  • The way I'm seeing things at the moment is that the so called top league one clubs all seem to be trying to sign what would be considered the top league one target players. We havent been mentioned really, I don't doubt for 1 second that the club are being active but not making things public. Maybe we are not trying to sign these top league one targets, maybe we are trying to sign above that level ? or we could be trying to sign them and not doing so and we will be rushing around in a couple of months trying to sign players that are still available. 
  • Maccn05 said:

Wow - They are going to be big players next season 
  • To be fair if Wigan are owned by proper Middle East money now and not fake ones then they're always going to be a threat!!

And good luck to them if they are up there, been through just as much shite (if not worse) as us this last year, shouldn't even be in the League One - Charlton on the other hand would be in League One even if Sheffield Wednesday had received the proper punishment as they'd have rightfully gone down instead of Wigan.
    Why? We finished 22nd
  • I thought Wigan sold their training ground??? I’m sure Preston bought it when they went into admin so not sure it’s state of the art. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!