Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• ForeverAddickted said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    So when do we start to worry then because all I keep seeing is other teams signing up the better players 
    First day of the new season perhaps?
    Certainly hasn't started like I thought we would 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    ForeverAddickted said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    So when do we start to worry then because all I keep seeing is other teams signing up the better players 
    Dont care how it starts, how a season ends is all thats important
  •  Twine, he seems quality and absolutely no idea why he'd head to MK Dons. That probably frees us Scott Fraser for Wigan too.

Who says Fraser to Wigan is a goer ? I know its rumoured but maybe we could match the offer .

I agree that Twine looks like a replacement .
  • FAVADDICK said:
    ForeverAddickted said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    We needs to start of strong can't play catch up all the time
  • edited June 2021
    FAVADDICK said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    ForeverAddickted said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    We needs to start of strong can't play catch up all the time
    The Management team will have their targets, as I've said there is no indication that the likes of Scott Twine or Jack Whatmough were even on any lists.

If Rich Cawley were to tweet saying that we really wanted Twine ourselves then I might be a bit disappointed, but as he hasnt so far...
  • Would've liked Twine, that's a shame. Competition is intense this summer.
  • A real shame as Twine is a quality prospect, talented and exactly the right profile.

Keep the faith! even if my patience is being tested - note to self it’s only June 8th don’t worry about all the clubs signing players I would have liked 😬😬😬
  • He’s only played a dozen or so games but all the important metrics for a winger, he excels. Not saying we should base transfer policy solely on stats (hello Tommy D) and he should also pass the eye test. But trust me, Harriott didn’t have nearly as good numbers as this kid.

His xG/shot, touches in opposition area, xG assisted and passing completion percentage are all hugely impressive. He also doesn’t lose the ball a massive amount, while also doing a good job of winning the ball back for his team.
    Like you said though numbers mean bugger all, without context.  Harriott played for one of the worst teams in the league, and still scored 9 goals.  What's does that tell you?

Absolutely fuck all, is the correct answer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Twine has been stringing us along.
    Tying us in knots?
    Imagine it'll go to the wire. 
  • I do wonder & I know it's very early days & for sure there's stuff going on in the background but with TS telling us "we're going to bust this league" & his inexperience in football whether he has misjudged what it's going to take to get out of this division. Plenty of time & my fingers are firmly crossed
  • I think we can already see that league one next season isnt going to be easy. There are atleast 7 or 8 clubs that will have ambitions to win the league.
    I cant believe after all that has been said by TS and Adkins that we are not being very proactive in the market and I'm sure they will have a squad able to win the league when it starts. Keeping things close to their chests is a good thing imo we will see but I'm keeping the faith 

He is a dirty Twine
  • I have no issues with waiting to see who the emerging stars are from the Euros before we sign them all. 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He’s only played a dozen or so games but all the important metrics for a winger, he excels. Not saying we should base transfer policy solely on stats (hello Tommy D) and he should also pass the eye test. But trust me, Harriott didn’t have nearly as good numbers as this kid.

His xG/shot, touches in opposition area, xG assisted and passing completion percentage are all hugely impressive. He also doesn’t lose the ball a massive amount, while also doing a good job of winning the ball back for his team.
    Like you said though numbers mean bugger all, without context.  Harriott played for one of the worst teams in the league, and still scored 9 goals.  What's does that tell you?

Absolutely fuck all, is the correct answer. 
    I’d like to think the stats provided by Statsbomb are a bit more contextualised than Harriott scoring nine goals though. 

I agree with you that there is an element, as fans, that we can’t have seen every player’s every minute and so we’re in the dark but the hype exists for a reason.
  • edited June 2021
    I do wonder & I know it's very early days & for sure there's stuff going on in the background but with TS telling us "we're going to bust this league" & his inexperience in football whether he has misjudged what it's going to take to get out of this division. Plenty of time & my fingers are firmly crossed
    Fair enough, but I would like to think that Thomas has plenty of experience within the recruitment and managership departments, Nige, Ged, Steve and will be guided in the right direction, I would like to think that behind the scenes there are things happening and negotiations going on, appreciate it sounds very quite, and all we see are our opposition seeming to get the jump on us, but all we can do is wait, and come the start of the season, we will be fine. B)
  • edited June 2021
    MK Dons landing Scott Twine is a great bit of business for them, I didn’t think they’d be the club to get him. He’ll most likely go for a lot more money within the next 18 months. 

It’s a shame as I’d have liked us to sign him. It reminds me of when they signed Scott Fraser, clearly a good player but none of the bigger clubs seemed interested. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Wow, great signing by MK, Twine must have been on our list surely? I’m trying to stay positive but we need to start moving on signings. Even if they announced one at least it will keep this thread calm for a few hours!! 
  • IanJRO said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    If the idea of signing Carlos Mendes Gomes doesn't excite you then I don't know why you bother tbh. We probably can't do better, we are a league 1 club right now and he has championship level clubs after him and Rangers. Would be a real coup for us if we managed it, which I doubt

I would love to know who we could get that is better and is a realistic target? 
    Absolutely agree , would be a fantastic signing if we can make it happen. Don't think we could realistically do much better as I think the likes of Joel Randall are out of our budget. 
    If  the likes of Joel Randall are out of our budget then the 5 year plan is even more fanciful than I thought. 
    It depends what teams are asking for really. Exeter wanted £1m at last check, which is a huge amount of money for a 21 year old who has played 16 League Two games. There's a difference between us not being able to afford it and not being willing to blow that much money on a player. The fact is things are very, very different to how they were in 2011 and we can't just go around picking up loads of L1 talent on the cheap because in this market players aren't cheap anymore. I dread to think what someone like Dale Stephens or Danny Green would have cost in this market.
    Agree with all this. I guess the point I was trying to make is that if we can't afford to sign promising League Two players then I think the 5 year plan is pie in the sky and in time the rhetoric will need moderating. Whether we think Randall specifically is worth Exeter's price tag is another matter entirely.

Not complaining, not my money to spend and am quite happy having a sensibly run stable club to support.
  • Reckon we will get Fraser (MKD), Grant (Lincoln), Dale (Crewe), Gomes (Morecombe) and Stockley, plus re-sign Aneke / Matthews/ Pearce and Amos and pick up Jay Rich-Baghuelou on loan from Palace.  Pure guess work before anyone asks.  We will then piss the league.
  • Who is Scott twine?
    We asked if he’d like to sign for us and he said
    ”No, I’m a frayed knot.”
    That’s not the rumour I heard apparently he was tongue tied so Nads called time on him after 30 minutes 😉.
  • Reckon we will get Fraser (MKD), Grant (Lincoln), Dale (Crewe), Gomes (Morecombe) and Stockley, plus re-sign Aneke / Matthews/ Pearce and Amos and pick up Jay Rich-Baghuelou on loan from Palace.  Pure guess work before anyone asks.  We will then piss the league.
    You forgot Piggott 
  • Scoham said:
    Who is Scott twine?
    The sort of player who looked good enough against us to cause a mini panic after signing for someone else.
    If he was that good he would have signed for Charlton , Ipswich , Sheff Wed or Sunderland fact he joined MK tells you everything 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!