Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Joe Kizzi, attacking full back, leaving Bromley for pastures unknown

1/92 chance he's joining Charlton

More like 1/91.  He isn't going to be signing for Man City is he.
  • Oh what exciting transfer news will we hear today ?
  • Jorge Grant
  • Jorge Grant
    That would be very nice :-) 
  • Jorge Grant
    You’d like us to sign him or have heard something?
  • edited June 2021
    Brilliant news. Let’s hope we can agree the contracts.

Presume that is Chucks, Amos, Pearce, Mathews and JFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    This is only positive, there would surely be a subtle hint if players were off.  And the fact he wants the squad in place before pre season is excellent.
  • Watson stays whether we like it or not!
  • So until these sign or not we can't move on others maybe. Not exactly the best situation for Thomas. 

I would,  if it were me, just move on where I could and gradually remove offers if they don't start to sign. 
    Not at all, Adkins makes it clear there’s a lot going on around recruitment. If any of these players leave it just means we need to sign more players. Whatever they do we still need several signings.
  • edited June 2021
    Thomas may have pricked agents ears up with talk of Europe etc and now might be setting his stall out early that although he is ambitious we are not going to be taken for a ride. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Weak statements coming out of the club from this Adkins interview…we are not being ruthless enough with the players we want to resign - letting them see if they can get a better offer ! Weak strategy while other potential talent out there slips by - remember this was the team that failed to get promotion 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏼

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-nigel-adkins-all-our-out-of-contract-players-want-to-stay/
    Yeah, you're right - why not offer them all £12k a week with higher goal, assist and win bonuses to match what a Championship club might offer them
  • J BLOCK said:
    Expected more by now to be honest. Not hollow sound bites.

If they wanted to sign, they would have done. 
    Disagree, their agent will be saying don’t sign until last minute in case a massive offer comes in somewhere else which is what the article hints at.  Seems normal course of business to me, they have their offer, it’s there for them, they’ll sign if and when.
  • Of course the majority are probably going to want more than what they're on.

Who doesnt want a payrise each year?

Its just up to Sandgaard whether they deserve it or not

Watson and Matthews at the very least will probably want more as they signed under a Salary Cap
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!