Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I'm surprised that more people aren't hooked to this thread given all the fish puns
    Cmon, do you really think that people will so easily take the bait?
  • I'm surprised that more people aren't hooked to this thread given all the fish puns
    Cmon, do you really think that people will so easily take the bait?
    Stop fishing for lols 
  • RedJohn said:
    so approx 2 weeks to pre season training, wonder how many players we will have by then, not complaining as I think we will assemble a very strong squad this year, have complete faith in the process.
    Say 2/3 … and in all would guess 5/6 depending how the under 23 do in pre season training and friendly matches NA and TS want to see young players progress and won’t block there way if there good enough 
  • Took me ages to get what all the fish puns were about to start with, I fell for it hook line and sinker!
  • RedJohn said:
    so approx 2 weeks to pre season training, wonder how many players we will have by then, not complaining as I think we will assemble a very strong squad this year, have complete faith in the process.
    Say 2/3 … and in all would guess 5/6 depending how the under 23 do in pre season training and friendly matches NA and TS want to see young players progress and won’t block there way if there good enough 
    You do realise we only currently, have 10 senior players?

If we only sign 5/6 all together we won't even be able to fill the bench most weeks! 
  • Dear Cod, you guys are krilling me now.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedJohn said:

If we only sign 5/6 all together we won't even be able to fill the bench most weeks! 
    Agree, and no chance 3/4 youngsters are ready to regularly be a part of the match day squad.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedJohn said:

Do people honestly think we will be in this position when the season starts?
    No, I certainly don't.  But to only sign 5 players would be bonkers. To suggest that is the plan is, well, unique.

You can believe, not believe, or take with a pinch of salt the rhetoric that Thomas comes out with but Adkins and Manford probably don't need this job and it's questionable that Gallen and Roddy do.

There is no way we will go into the Celtic game with less than 17/18 senior pros. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Clarky said:
    We have an owner who has spent a lot of time and money buying the club. He has a 5 year plan

the same owner has been having meetings with sponsors over the last few weeks and has been telling them that we are giving it a go this season.

we will be competitive on the first day of the season. Signings will be made.

People need to chill and enjoy the sun
    Good post, just a shame I had to read pages of absolute wank to reach it. 
    It’s all part of the fun of a rumours or takeover thread.
  • edited June 2021
    Clarky said:
    We have an owner who has spent a lot of time and money buying the club. He has a 5 year plan

the same owner has been having meetings with sponsors over the last few weeks and has been telling them that we are giving it a go this season.

I see you only joined in May 2020... Having to read through pages of "absolute wank" is all part of being a Lifer
    Agree FA, might be a better idea to start at the end next time and work his way backwards B)
  • Major said:
    I see wanting to reduce the average age of the squad as positive in a couple of ways. Firstly the obvious benefit of having more energy and probably in most cases fitter players without serious history of injury. Secondly the notion of having players that are young enough and good enough to grow with the clubs ambitions meaning that for the first time in quite a few seasons we won’t be looking to rebuild the squad every close season, just add and tweak.  
     I actually  agree  with this a d remember way back when players like Lenny Glover, Keith Peacock, Bonds, Peter Reeves, Alan Campbell etc and further back Eddie Firmani, John Hewie etc.

How ever I remember Cliff Holton who at 36 changed our team I to something far better on his own really by being a missing piece.

Cliff Holton was a stud. No messing about.
    first game I saw at the valley. I think it was 5-3 vs PNE and Holton got at least a hat trick .?Easter ?1966, nowadays I can't remember what happened yesterday, and more worrying is that I can't what happened along time ago either.
    Nurse! bedpan please.........
  • Don’t think anything will happen until after the euros now.
    Not for us, we won’t be signing any players who are at the euros
  • Clarky said:

I see you only joined in May 2020... Having to read through pages of "absolute wank" is all part of being a Lifer
    Agree FA, might be a better idea to start at the end next time and work his way backwards B)

That's what I do.
  • edited June 2021
    Major said:
    Clarky said:

That's what I do.
    Are you the bloke out of “Tenet”? 😉
  • Please feel free to interrupt the Cliff Holton thread with a rumour ...

By the way i remember the dude - built like a brick shithouse
  • Jack Marriott?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jack Marriott?
    Wouldn't mind that at all . Scored plenty at this level for Posh 
  • Jack Marriott?
    what about him?
  • No signings this week could lead to a protest at Zynex headquarters. 
  • Being reported that we have put in a bid for jaydon... stockly. Old news?
  • assuming the management and coaching team do actually want Stockley, then I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get him.
  • Really liked Stockley when he was here. I’d be very happy if he is the first signing.
  • https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/league-one-clubs-in-fight-to-sign-preston-striker-jayden-stockley-3271492

I am hoping the journo writing this article stating Pompey is Stockley’s likeliest destination is purely based on his location. I think he will sign for us, sounded like he and his missus both really liked the area they were staying in, most likely Bexley or Chiselhurst. 
  • assuming the management and coaching team do actually want Stockley, then I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get him.
    Why would you think they don't want him? Reported we've put a bid in and agree verbally before he went on holiday. He seems to be key to the long ball tactics we played under Adkins last season.

Have a feeling he will go to Pompey anyway.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!