Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Stockley not signing would be disappointing but not the end of the world IF we have a viable alternative to turn to.

If it's either Stockley or a League Two journeyman nobody then questions need asking, but we're a long way from knowing the answer to that one.
  • Miller next?
  • Please feel free to interrupt the Cliff Holton thread with a rumour ...

By the way i remember the dude - built like a brick shithouse

Scored the first goal I ever saw at the Valley  :D
  • Daniel bollard from arsenal and downs from Ipswich  anybody.? All targets.
  • We have an owner who has spent a lot of time and money buying the club. He has a 5 year plan

the same owner has been having meetings with sponsors over the last few weeks and has been telling them that we are giving it a go this season.

we will be competitive on the first day of the season. Signings will be made.

People need to chill and enjoy the sun
    I’m very much in this camp and never understand why some people get so worked up. There has been very little activity, if you are searching for a positive in why we haven’t signed anyone then it’s probably because we are shopping in the market for players that are attracting multiple interest. 

It will all sort it self out later in the window. Right now players and agents are fishing for clubs to pay over odds.  We’ll have a competitive budget so I’ve no concerns about us pulling a decent squad together. 
    Don't worry it won't be long before a draw or defeat in pre season means we won't be getting promotion. Same thing every year. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Daniel bollard from arsenal and downs from Ipswich  anybody.? All targets.
    Can't see Ballard coming ( hope to be proved wrong ) . I suspect he will return to Blackpool .

Flynn Downes is available . Cook is having a complete clear out . Fits the bill with age but he has injury problems .

Report: Flynn Downes now told he can leave Ipswich, Arsenal wanted him last summer (hitc.com)
  • Richard J said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Can't see Ballard coming ( hope to be proved wrong ) . I suspect he will return to Blackpool .

Flynn Downes is available . Cook is having a complete clear out . Fits the bill with age & injury problems .

Report: Flynn Downes now told he can leave Ipswich, Arsenal wanted him last summer (hitc.com)
    Fixed it for you
  • Addicks59 said:
    It’s crazy that Ipswich are now looking to sell Downes as it was reported last summer that they turned down interest from Arsenal. Had a poor season due to injuries but still only young. 
  • Sponsored links:

• That was my only concern ref downes he is injury prone.But since Thomas arrival we have best medical resources in div 1.
  • edited June 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    That was my only concern ref downes he is injury prone.But since Thomas arrival we have best medical resources in div 1.
    Still injury prone, just means he has a nice bed to lie on while getting treatment B)
  • edited June 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Addicks59 said:
    It’s crazy that Ipswich are now looking to sell Downes as it was reported last summer that they turned down interest from Arsenal. Had a poor season due to injuries but still only young. 
    It was Palace that had bids turned down for Downes I think.  I don't think his injury was a serious one, just one of those things.  He is, how ever, too short. 

Dan Ballard could be a goer his manager with NI is a close mate of Adkins and Arsenal might want him to have another season of league 1 football.  Then look at the championship next season (which could see us as a perfect fit, especially if he doesn't need to move).  He does pass the hight test. 
  • Downes will go to the Championship - can’t see Ipswich selling to a rival 
  • Yes and Matt Smith can recommend us.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Addicks59 said:
    It was Palace that had bids turned down for Downes I think.  I don't think his injury was a serious one, just one of those things.  He is, how ever, too short. 

Dan Bollard could be a goer his manager with NI is a close mate of Adkins and Arsenal might want him to have another season of league 1 football.  Then look at the championship next season (which could see us as a perfect fit, especially if he doesn't need to move).  He does pass the hight test. 
    Is Ballard not out of Contract? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Addicks59 said:

Dan Bollard could be a goer his manager with NI is a close mate of Adkins and Arsenal might want him to have another season of league 1 football.  Then look at the championship next season (which could see us as a perfect fit, especially if he doesn't need to move).  He does pass the hight test. 
    Doesn't look like it..

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163099

• Dan Ballard will be looking at a Championship move .

Arsenal defender closing in on Championship switch (msn.com)
  • I'm not panicking over a lack of signings, but a good early top player is always a positive message to prevaricating existing players as well as other targets that we are the go to club for the forthcoming season. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    Addicks59 said:

Doesn't look like it..

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163099

Cheers I questioned as thought I saw on transfermarkt that his contract was up, that was when his name was first mentioned on here a good few weeks ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicks59 said:
    Have long admired both Andre Dozzell and Flynn Downes at Ipswich, may have even posted about them on here before.
    Both good young players and a season or two ago I thought we should be looking at them. Now however I imagine they would both be Championship bound if they were to leave Portman Road.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Have long admired both Andre Dozzell and Flynn Downes at Ipswich, may have even posted about them on here before.
    Both good young players and a season or two ago I thought we should be looking at them. Now however I imagine they would both be Championship bound if they were to leave Portman Road.
    You would think so, but how many championship clubs can spend a fee?  I would guess the 4 "big" league 1 clubs will spend more than than most clubs in the championship this season. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Miller next?
    Not for me, too inconsistent. To get out of this league we need players who can perform consistently, or very close to it week after week, not every third game. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Miller next?
    Probably more chance of getting "Windy Miller" B)
  • PWADDICK said:
    Don’t think anything will happen until after the euros now.
    Not for us, we won’t be signing any players who are at the euros
    I’d like us to get Pandev, the North Macedonian, mainly because he looks even older than me. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Miller next?
    Not for me, too inconsistent. To get out of this league we need players who can perform consistently, or very close to it week after week, not every third game. 
    Is any L1 winger consistent? If they are they could be gone within a year.
  • Scoham said:
    Rotherham players asked to go on furlough. They’ve rejected bids for our former striker Michael Smith and midfielder Matt Crooks. Ipswich are interested in Crooks, so he could possibly be on our list.
    How can footballers be put on furlough for the summer? It's not as if they clock off in May and return in August, there is 5/6 weeks of pre season training, and players may need to use the club's facilities during the summer
  • We won’t be signing the other Matt Smith, he’s signed a new deal with Millwall.
  • Downes, close to signing for Barnsley, Dozzell close to signing for QPR... we aren't getting either of them.

Ballard linked with Blackpool & Blackburn... so we aren't getting him either.

I'm sure we'll get somebody in by August though.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Downes, close to signing for Barnsley, Dozzell close to signing for QPR... we aren't getting either of them.

Ballard linked with Blackpool & Blackburn... so we aren't getting him either.

I'm sure we'll get somebody in by August though.
    We don't seem to be signing anyone at all.
    Has no one else see the images of Sandgaard and Gallen outside the Premier League and EFL HQ with placards saying, "Please give us someone"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!