Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    Keep Aneke, Washington, Schwartz, Stockley and a good youngster on loan and we have a very good attack.
    The same attack that failed to get us into a play off place 
    Under the same manager that nearly got us a play off place after looking out of our hands.
  • J BLOCK said:
     Pompey offer was 2k a week, so we will be matching / bettering it 
    He is worth more than that, I'd be very surprised if that is the case. He isn't going to be on 2k a week with Championship Preston.  Reckon if you double that you'd be closer
  • Be a great bit of business to get Stockley over the line.  Great return of goals in the short time he was here.  I think he and Washington would be a decent front two to lead the attack 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Keep Aneke, Washington, Schwartz, Stockley and a good youngster on loan and we have a very good attack.
    And probably too many players, I honestly doubt Schwartz will be here. 
  • J BLOCK said:
     How do people find these things out ? On that offer he will probably  see his contract out at PNE. He must be on more that that.

Mind you it explains why Watmough et al were released. 

Pompey are spending 10 million on their ground.
    Pompey fans having kittens as they are under the impression (backed by local journos) that their wage budget has been cut
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    J BLOCK said:
    He is worth more than that, I'd be very surprised if that is the case. He isn't going to be on 2k a week with Championship Preston.  Reckon if you double that you'd be closer
    Maybe that was what Pompey offered and we offered more.

He could stay on a higher wage at Preston and not play or take a pay cut but have a longer contract at Charlton, a club he knows, with a manager who likes him.

Plus he's not having to live in Preston.
  • Laddick01 said:
    The same attack that failed to get us into a play off place 
    Think it was more to do with defensive injuries to be fair. 
    It was more to do with what ever happened in the 4 months before March.  Of course the center backs were an issue but there were more, deeper ones as well.  To be fair Bowyer looked to have sorted some of them out before he left.

I would love to know what they were.

Stockley, Aneke and Washington would get in every squad, if not team, at this level I would be chuffed if we had all 3 of them. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
     How do people find these things out ? On that offer he will probably  see his contract out at PNE. He must be on more that that.

Mind you it explains why Watmough et al were released. 

Pompey are spending 10 million on their ground.
    Pompey fans having kittens as they are under the impression (backed by local journos) that their wage budget has been cut
    But Cowley can "eat what he kills". 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Yeah I’m with beds on this, we looked toothless at times with those exact players. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Yeah I’m with beds on this, we looked toothless at times with those exact players. 
    I think it was more of a creativity issue.
  • DJ is one winger, expect to see another come in, possibly late on as a loan
    Given Adkins plays with wingers and we have one (plus Washington) I’ll be surprised if only one comes in. I expect two, maybe even three.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maybe that was what Pompey offered and we offered more.

He could stay on a higher wage at Preston and not play or take a pay cut but have a longer contract at Charlton, a club he knows, with a manager who likes him.

Plus he's not having to live in Preston.
    Think 2k a week would be a bit of an insult... he will be on over 5 imo
  • Scoham said:
    DJ is one winger, expect to see another come in, possibly late on as a loan
    Given Adkins plays with wingers and we have one (plus Washington) I’ll be surprised if only one comes in. I expect two, maybe even three.
    Definitely AT LEAST one more winger to come at some stage. Are there any particularly promising young wingers who might step up? Otherwise we'll need cover as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pompey Twitter seem to think we’ve offered Stockley £6.5k a week and a big signing on fee - almost certainly nonsense but worth mentioning.
  • Pompey Twitter seem to think we’ve offered Stockley £6.5k a week and a big signing on fee - almost certainly nonsense but worth mentioning.
    That's a similar number to what we paid Lyle Taylor, I doubt it's far from the truth.  It is the sort of number you would be talking about for a "star striker" at a big league 1 club pre Covid. 
    To be fair £6.5k pw is going to disappear very quickly if he's living in Bexley 
  • J BLOCK said:
    I find that virtually impossible to believe.
    I assume he is on £5K/£6K pw at Preston.
  • J BLOCK said:
    I find that virtually impossible to believe.
    I assume he is on £5K/£6K pw at Preston.
    I would imagine he is on more than that, we were paying 4ish in the championship and a lot of people thought that was an insult.

He cost a fee, a relatively big one, I would guess nearer to 10.  But I agree Pompey wouldn't seriously offer 2.
  • Some great face saving from Pompey online types on Stockley going on here 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!