Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    How on Earth were/are Sheffield Wednesday “in the mix”. They are currently skint and likely under a transfer embargo. 
    Exactly. A lot of what gets printed is nonsense, as far as i'm aware they're currently not even allowed to make signings for a fee. Not to mention the fact that unless you're desperate with no other options, why would you sign for a club who hasn't paid it's players for 2-3 months.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Sage said:
    Stockley will score 20 goals with good service from out wide.

I see a small flaw in your thinking.....

I've not seen a winger put in a decent cross since Ricky Holmes or Rhoys Wiggins. Too many players now are being played on the "wrong" side and are encouraged to cut inside onto their "right" foot - not to cross, but to shoot. When was the last time you saw a winger like Paddy Powell race down the wing, skip round a few tackles & then put a cross in, on the run, from close to the byline. Too many crosses nowdays are put in from a standing position & from around the corner of the box. Too easy for a defender to head away. 
    Playing with inverted wingers or wingers on their wrong side as you put it has many benefits hence why it’s so popular right now.

1. It allows more players to join in around the CF and cause an overload on the opponent’s CB’s
    2. Allows the space to be created to allow your FB’s to come forward and deliver the crosses.
    3. opponents FB’s have to tackle on their weaker sides
    4. statistics suggests inswinging corners are harder to defend against 

Seems to work pretty well for the likes of Liverpool and Ajax if the personal are right so the FB’s become just as important as the wingers to supplying Stockley 👍🏼
    I like inverted wingers if you play with a deeper lying center forward, like Liverpool and City. 

I almost agree with Golfie that that isn't the way to get the best out of a striker like Stockley.  Look at Sunderland last season there whole set up was to get the ball wide and get crosses in.  Stockley is a far better player than Wyke.  All round.

• Richard J said:
    It is interesting the speculation about Stockley.

Personally I think that this has been whipped up to create a story. 
    i don't so, i think its Preston probably not being impressed with stockley basically having said i'm going to charlton and them saying well actually, you're our player and we might just have a say in this and how much we sell you for and who to 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Like been saying deal was done in May only last week we had to up the wages to 6k a week to get the deal done after games from his agent 
    Cawley already said a bid was only made last week
  • DOUCHER said:
    Richard J said:

i don't so, i think its Preston probably not being impressed with stockley basically having said i'm going to charlton and them saying well actually, you're our player and we might just have a say in this and how much we sell you for and who to 
    But ultimately its his decision who he signs for. They can't make him sign for Pompey. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Richard J said:

But ultimately its his decision who he signs for. They can't make him sign for Pompey. 
    100%
  • esseffect said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Like been saying deal was done in May only last week we had to up the wages to 6k a week to get the deal done after games from his agent 
    Confirmed yesterday by Pompey Twitter account  Crawley was wrong  see below 

Jayden Stockley signed a pre-contract subject to wages with Charlton in May. 
    That's not their OS lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• esseffect said:
    ButtleJR said:

I’d trust Cawley more than some random Portsmouth fan account. 
  • esseffect said:
    ButtleJR said:

What is a pre-contract subject to wages?

How can he sign anything, with anyone, until Preston accept a bid? 
  • esseffect said:
    ButtleJR said:

A pre contract subject to wages! I dont understand this! Is that worth the paper it’s written on?

I will sign for you unless you don’t pay me when I want 
  • esseffect said:
    ButtleJR said:

A pre contract subject to wages! I dont understand this! Is that worth the paper it’s written on?

He’s making it up
  • thenewbie said:
    As much as Stockley has monopolized the gossip recently I am equally keen to see what kind of signings we make defensively. Officially as it stands IIRC the only senior established CB we have is Inniss and as good as he is we can't rely on him all season due to fitness.
    Yeah now we have Stockers in the bag we only need 3 wingers, 2 centre backs, 2 midfielders and a left back and somebody to take Ronnie off our hands so we can get another striker

Not much to do then LOL
  • https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/preston-north-end-transfer-round-up-stockley-transfer-saga-takes-twist-rivals-could-make-move-for-player-pne-turned-down/

This article, if you can call it that is just nonsense.  I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading it so you can as well :smile:
  • It’s coming home!!

Oops sorry wrong thread!
  • esseffect said:
    ButtleJR said:

He’s making it up
    I think so too. Pre contracts are not something of any value so rarely used. Conditional contract maybe, where you are and document key terms but with some 'subject to' provisions.

• DOUCHER said:
    Richard J said:

no, but they can charge a higher price to us and potentially reduce his salary 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    RedRobin said:
    How on Earth were/are Sheffield Wednesday “in the mix”. They are currently skint and likely under a transfer embargo. 
    So were we when we signed Washington and Gilbey. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Richard J said:

no, but they can charge a higher price to us and potentially reduce his salary 
    I don't see why they would though. Our money is as good as anyone's, they're better off just starting a standard bidding contest instead of playing silly buggers.
  • edited June 2021
    Great news on Jayden, the guy seems a top player on and off the pitch and a natural performer all round 
  • Valley11 said:
    Round and round in circles on here:

We’re signing Stockley/etc

No! He’s going somewhere else! 

I’m really outraged!!

FFS why don’t you all enjoy the sun!!!
    We will sign players before the season starts and have a very competitive squad. Chill!!!!

REPEAT UNTIL PAGE 374 (when we make our first signing) 
    @valley11 PROMISES signing by page 374

Brave chap
    I’m a 48 year old divorcee from Wigan.....
  • Stockley announced at 1pm
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Well it was done in May, apart from the fee, wages, length of contract etc. 
    And club 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!