Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• oh no here we go... comms doing build-up on social media...

Probably be pippped to the announcement by a random journo again... And cue a lot slagging off on here
  • Well that's our first signing sorted. Hopefully that will calm some collective tits. Sounds like a lot of work went into this one despite the fact Stockley had spent half the season with us, so it's unsurprising other signings are going to take a while, especially if we're competing with other teams for individuals in a weird market
  • Stockley announced at 1pm
    Source? :-)
  • I wonder who it is!
  • grateful if we could use the thread below for Stockley chat now, cheers

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/90925/jayden-stockley-signs-on-loan-from-preston
  • 3 year deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So what do we make of this strict budget then? 
  • Expecting no big fees from Cawley's message, that doesn't mean no fees.
  • Why havent we signed anyone else yet?
    Who does anyone else play for?  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• "We’re trying to get the right players, of course at the right price because there’s a strict budget that we’re following, and I do believe it will start falling into place now in the next week or two leading into the start of pre-season here at the training ground."

Makes sense to view the "strict budget" bit in context. The bold bit of Gallen's interview is directed towards the fans. The clause he added (in italics) is most definitely directed towards clubs and agents.
    Because it's Ollie's day off!! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Why havent we signed anyone else yet?
    Because it's Ollie's day off!! 
    But the Transfer Window is open??? :open_mouth:
  • edited June 2021
    I’m missed the chat about Stalin’s Russia, but is he signing or not?
  • Who cares about paying fees. I'd like to think we'll buy a player if Gallen & Co identify a quality prospect, someone like Mendes Gomes at Morecambe. In fact, Sandgaard put his hand in his pocket and paid a fee for two in January. The quality of free agents or players available very cheap are more than sufficient to get us promoted, we undoubtedly have to offer decent wages on top of convincing them this the place to advance their career. 
    Well we’ve just paid 450k for Stockley.
  • Joe Morrell? Random fan mentions him in a reply to Richard Cawley.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!