Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I’m actually very much in Henners camp here. Jayden is obviously talking to both Charlton and Pompey. WIOTOS
  • #AnnounceHeadmaster
  • Pompey Twitter seem to think we’ve offered Stockley £6.5k a week and a big signing on fee - almost certainly nonsense but worth mentioning.
    To be fair £6.5k pw is going to disappear very quickly if he's living in Bexley 
    Bloody hell!!  How much is a pint in The Millers these days???? 😱😂😂
  • I know I will receive adverse comments for this but here goes;
    we do have Ronnie Schwartz who is also a striker who like Stockley missed a penalty last season. I know Ronnie didn't get much playing time but that may have been due to a number of reasons including away from his family and his wife due to give berth. I just feel that he needs to be given a clean slate from us and see how he gets on this pre season.
    Berth?

Ah , he’s definitely going to Pompey then!
  • It's just possible the Pompey intervention was more a spoiling operation, forcing Charlton to pay more for Stockley wage.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean your not being followed.

• Sponsored links:

• League 1 wages of £5/6k+ a week is just bonkers in reality and unsustainable 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Pompey Twitter seem to think we’ve offered Stockley £6.5k a week and a big signing on fee - almost certainly nonsense but worth mentioning.
    That's a similar number to what we paid Lyle Taylor, I doubt it's far from the truth.  It is the sort of number you would be talking about for a "star striker" at a big league 1 club pre Covid. 
    I’d be surprised if it’s that much. On £6.5k a week, Stockley will either be our highest paid player by some way or we’re surprisingly frivolous with our spending. 

Who knows though, Sandgaard did say we’d blow right through League One…
  • So if £6.5k pw, and if say transfer fee is £450k as rumoured then a 3 year contract would be a commitment of £1.5M by a L1 club. 

That is a lot of money for a 27 yr old who's L1 strike record last season would have seen him score 18 in a whole season if adjusted pro rata and who has failed in the championship.

Preston forum poster suggests he was due to sign for Portsmouth today but we came in with a very last min better offer.
  • So if £6.5k pw, and if say transfer fee is £450k as rumoured then a 3 year contract would be a commitment of £1.5M by a L1 club. 

That is a lot of money for a 27 yr old who's L1 strike record last season would have seen him score 18 in a whole season if adjusted pro rata and who has failed in the championship.

Preston forum poster suggests he was due to sign for Portsmouth today but we came in with a very last min better offer.
    Sounds like he read the same tweets as us.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Pompey Twitter seem to think we’ve offered Stockley £6.5k a week and a big signing on fee - almost certainly nonsense but worth mentioning.
    That's a similar number to what we paid Lyle Taylor, I doubt it's far from the truth.  It is the sort of number you would be talking about for a "star striker" at a big league 1 club pre Covid. 
    I’d be surprised if it’s that much. On £6.5k a week, Stockley will either be our highest paid player by some way or we’re surprisingly frivolous with our spending. 

He wouldn't be, Watson and Gunter aren't on much less.  Washington and Gilbey are reported to be on a fair wack as well.

So paying Stockley £6.5k is frivolous and paying Taylor £6k is because Roland is a tight arse.........

(yes I know you didn't say that but, just saying) 

Sounds like he read the same tweets as us.
    Maybe although he had posted immediately after the first football insider post came out today saying Pompey that he would not go there and would likely sign for us so seems to have some kind of connection
  • Sponsored links:

• According SalarySport Stockley earns £5k pw. For context that’s less than Ben Watson (and Chuks) Same site says LT was on £5k (but then Taylor is far superior to Stockley) 

so on 6-7k pw he’d be a top earner but not by loads
  • edited June 2021
    I’ll worry about his wage when and if he signs. Actually I won’t be that worried then either. 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He wouldn't be, Watson and Gunter aren't on much less.  Washington and Gilbey are reported to be on a fair wack as well.

So paying Stockley £6.5k is frivolous and paying Taylor £6k is because Roland is a tight arse.........

I have absolutely no idea what the other players are on. I wouldn’t put too much faith in the likes of SalarySport, according to them we’re increasing Stockley’s wages to come here.

I’m just saying I’d be very surprised if we’re paying Stockley that much as we surely couldn’t/wouldn’t pay anyone else the same. 

I have no idea where to begin with the Lyle Taylor comment. I didn’t say spending £6.5k a week on Stockley alone is frivolous, I said matching that wage with other players, as well as Stockley, would be frivolous spending in my opinion.
  • Anyway, that wage rumour was almost certainly made up by a school boy in Portsmouth. 

Back to business as usual: wHeRe ArE ThE SiGnInGs?!
  • End of the day we’ve got a very good L1 player coming in. Bar 1 or 2, every other club would kill for a player like Stokkers.
  • If those numbers are true, it's a bit weird for a player to leave a Championship side for L1, and get a pay rise!
  • You could assume that L1 wages could be pushed up this season with money at Sunderland, Wigan and Ipswich

Those clubs could throw it around a bit and drive wages up for us if we try and compete.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I have absolutely no idea what the other players are on. I wouldn’t put too much faith in the likes of SalarySport, according to them we’re increasing Stockley’s wages to come here.

I’m just saying I’d be very surprised if we’re paying Stockley that much as we surely couldn’t/wouldn’t pay anyone else the same. 

I have no idea where to begin with the Lyle Taylor comment. I didn’t say spending £6.5k a week on Stockley alone is frivolous, I said matching that wage with other players, as well as Stockley, would be frivolous spending in my opinion.
    It was widely accepted that Taylor was on about 6k a week, when ever his contract, or a lack of a new one was discussed.  I have no idea if Taylor was on 6k a week but I would take an educated guess that it was very close either side.

Taylor wasn't our highest paid player either.

My point is that that's the going rate for good league 1 players.  Of course its far more than what they are actually worth.  But to suggest it's frivolous, or excessive, if we actually want to get promoted isn't true.

Roland spent far more on wages and was called a tight arse.  He spent it horrifically badly, but he did spend it. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    According SalarySport Stockley earns £5k pw. For context that’s less than Ben Watson (and Chuks) Same site says LT was on £5k (but then Taylor is far superior to Stockley) 

so on 6-7k pw he’d be a top earner but not by loads
    Those sites are nonsense.

Just guesses with little or no basis in fact
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!