Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Craig MacGillivray, Scottish goalkeeper…………..hmmm🤔 (Only joking @se9addick  and @cafcdave321 😉)
  • SamE7 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 
    Cousins and Power …..blimey can you imagine reaction if we brought them !!!!!

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
    BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    They haven't bought either of them have they?  They have however brought them in. 
    just no - happy to have the discussion - depends how bored u r 

YOU !!!!!!!!!!
    ARE !!!!!!!!!!

Also, while we're policing grammar; incorrect use of hyphens. You should have gone for, 'Just no. Happy to have the discussion, depends how bored you are.'
    Brought/bought isn’t policing grammar, it’s highlighting stupidity? a bad education? I’m not sure exactly what but it’s not grammar. 

I'll tell you what a bad education is.  It is one that makes the student think that spelling is more important than meaning and that literacy is an indicator of intelligence.
    Mis-spelling is one thing, using the wrong word is another.  It may be that the meaning is clear with the wrong word but there's a fair chance it won't be.
  • Ipswich fans upset that they’re being linked to “accident prone free agents” while believing they have a 40m transfer budget to spend. Glad it’s not just our fans that live in cloud cuckoo land.
    £40m ???   Lots of Premier League clubs wont be spending that sort of money, let alone a League 1 club. I doubt if anyone in our division will spend above £1m imo. 
  • Rothko said:
    I’m non fussed about Amos, if you’re thinking long term, history says he won’t do it in the Championship, and he had plenty of dodgy games last season.

think we need a better keeper even if he stays 
    He's been our worse keeper for decades.
    I agree his last decent game for us was in 1967 :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    I’m non fussed about Amos, if you’re thinking long term, history says he won’t do it in the Championship, and he had plenty of dodgy games last season.

OK, I can't think of many in last 30 years but we have been blessed in that deparment compared to other sides IMO. 
  • Rothko said:

OK, I can't think of many in last 30 years but we have been blessed in that deparment compared to other sides IMO. 
    I agree, I think you've not understood the joke.
    ie Amos has been with us for decades.
  • edited June 2021
    Addickted said:
    redbuttle said:
    Hal1x said:
    SamE7 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Wigan have signed Max Power today to follow up the signing of Cousins yesterday… they could be a real problem next season 

… and it’s means that ‘spotty kid on Twitter’ that everyone was knocking is at least 25% right so far 👍🏼
    I don’t rate him at all and neither did the Sunderland fans the last two seasons . 
    Cousins and Power …..blimey can you imagine reaction if we brought them !!!!!

Would not worry to much about Wigan if this is the level of player there getting 
    BOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!
    They haven't bought either of them have they?  They have however brought them in. 
    just no - happy to have the discussion - depends how bored u r 

YOU !!!!!!!!!!
    ARE !!!!!!!!!!

Also, while we're policing grammar; incorrect use of hyphens. You should have gone for, 'Just no. Happy to have the discussion, depends how bored you are.'
    Brought/bought isn’t policing grammar, it’s highlighting stupidity? a bad education? I’m not sure exactly what but it’s not grammar. 

I'll tell you what a bad education is.  It is one that makes the student think that spelling is more important than meaning and that literacy is an indicator of intelligence.
    As someone who recruited for many years, literacy was an important factor in selecting candidates, it was hard to access a candidates skills if they didn't pass the initial grading of the application forms and get invited to an interview.
    What has any of this to do with transfer rumours?
    We could always go back to JFK.
      JFK is dead in the water mate, and nothing is gonna resurrect him, what we all want is NEWS, even a believable rumour. I trust in Nige, but time is clicking by, must be some good news due.
  • Fixtures out next week, reckon the rumour mill will go into over drive!
  • I trust Nigels judgement if BA moves on.
    I pity the fool who doesn’t trust in Adkins.
  • I think Amos is a good keeper especially for League 1 more than happy if he stays
  • PWADDICK said:

Ipswich switch  :smile:

Only me, then?
  • As long as we have MacGillivray lined up then Amos won’t be missed, but I’d like to have two good reliable goalkeepers rather than one.
  • edited June 2021
    Amos is a weird one. Didn't make many mistakes, hard to blame him for many goals, yet our goals conceded to shots ratio was poor. I guess sometimes you need your keeper to pull out a safe, or just get lucky when you should concede but don't. For whatever reason Amos didn't get that luck, or pull off that many unexpected saves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos is a weird one. Didn't make many mustdkes, hard to blame him for many goals, yet our goals conceded to shots ratio was poor. I guess sometimes you need your keeper to pull out a safe, or just get lucky when you should concede but don't. For whatever reason Amos didn't get that luck, or pull off that many unexpected saves.

He was awarded 7 mom performances via the statbank, 2 more than anyone else, so he must have been doing something right. For a team chasing promotion it's not great to see your keeper in that position and just shows we need serious defensive reinforcements this year if we are serious about going up.

Like others have said I'd much rather we kept him than risk a keeper coming in and not settling as he's more than good enough for this league. If he does go the Portsmouth keeper looks a good replacement on paper at least.
  • Amos is a weird one. Didn't make many mustdkes, hard to blame him for many goals, yet our goals conceded to shots ratio was poor. I guess sometimes you need your keeper to pull out a safe, or just get lucky when you should concede but don't. For whatever reason Amos didn't get that luck, or pull off that many unexpected saves.
    When our defence stabilized he was excellent.  I think mid season/mid injury crisis he probably just lost confidence as most keepers would have.  Put the right team in front of him and he is a very fine keeper for League One.
  • Maybe they've been offered worse terms.
  • Have Portsmouth signed a new keeper? MacGillivray always seemed quite good, so why are they letting him go? 
  • Have Portsmouth signed a new keeper? MacGillivray always seemed quite good, so why are they letting him go? 
    Is it Portsmouths choice or the players? Their fans could be saying the same thing about Amos 
  • iaitch said:
    Maybe they've been offered worse terms.
    From what I've seen from their fans, appears a bit of a budget cut in order to fund some major works on Fratton Park. 
  • Why are so many out of contract players leaving Portsmouth  but being snapped up elsewhere.  I wonder if they don't  like Cowley's methods.
    Have Portsmouth signed a new keeper? MacGillivray always seemed quite good, so why are they letting him go? 
    Cowley said there was an option in his contract to extend it, but it came with a big salary increase.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/detailed-danny-cowley-reveals-key-factor-which-is-set-to-see-portsmouth-player-of-the-season-craig-macgillivray-depart-3242353
  • My views on Amos changed with the Rochdale game, all the talk to Worldies, but 2 of those 4 were very very saveable, and went in centrally, so my confidence in Amos went there
  • Career wise Ben Amos has only really had patchy success. Certainly both spells with Charlton have been good but elsewhere he has often been number two. Actively disliked by the fans at Millwall. If he decides to sign with us I have no doubt that he’ll start as number one and it will be his shirt to lose. Go elsewhere and he could find himself back bench warming. At his stage of his career does he want to be the big cheese or will he be happy to risk being number two again. Championship move could be his big payday and I wouldn’t blame him in taking that. If he moves to Ipswich then it will be because they are prepared to pay a little more than us. I think he’ll sign his contract and stay.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!