Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    The players you want are the ones with something to prove, or have done it before. If Hull let go a couple of players who helped them to the league title, they should be good enough to help us to do the same. If there are players who have been let go from the league above but have something to prove, they should be good enough for us. 

The players we don't need are has beens and never weres that are looking for a paycheck, or players with a chequered injury past with one purple patch to their name
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I’d like to think we were aiming higher than Gillingham and Portsmouth players who are out of contract.
    Agreed, that Matt Taylor from Exeter and Danny Hollands from Bournemouth were awful players!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I’d like to think we were aiming higher than Gillingham and Portsmouth players who are out of contract.
    I don't want a name but what exactly are you expecting? 

You don't want any of our players, or the team that finished 8th, or 10th. I would think the best out of contract players for the teams that just missed out on the play offs would be a good starting point? 
    Players that aren’t being kept on by teams around us or below us. 
    Not being kept on or not signing new deals? Big difference. 
  • Options
    I for one will welcome Ben Reeves back with open arms.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So to sum up some of the comments from the last few days we need to bin off all our players, even the ones under contract because they are all shit.

We can't sign a player if they finished below us because they must be even more shit.  No one over the age of 28 because they are passed it and only looking for one last pay day.

No free transfers because they are obviously rubbish and no loans.

Leaves us with plenty of options then. 
    Don't worry, it will be fine. No-one else wants to be promoted next season so we'll get first choice of all of them 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So to sum up some of the comments from the last few days we need to bin off all our players, even the ones under contract because they are all shit.

We can't sign a player if they finished below us because they must be even more shit.  No one over the age of 28 because they are passed it and only looking for one last pay day.

No free transfers because they are obviously rubbish and no loans.

Leaves us with plenty of options then. 
    27 or younger
    Must be under contract with current club
    From a team that finished above us

Welcome to Charlton, Raheem Sterling.
    Johnny Williams? 
  • Options
    Mo Eisa transfer listed by Peterborough.
    And Kiran Agard released from MK. I thought he played well against us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Kiran Agard released from MK. I thought he played well against us.
    A lot of these players for the likes of Burton, Mk dons etc that played well against us were when we looked pony.  Not knocking your post Red, I liked the looked of Scott Fraser, but were they good because of how poor we were?  

• Options
    Sage said:
    Yep, sign him up. Gallen a long term admirer too.

You don’t become a bad player overnight. Back in SE London with a manager who will install belief in him the same way we have seen with Gilbey. He’s quick and has shown he can be effective and score goals at this level. 
    I’d sign Eisa happily. Perfect time to sign him as well when he’s had a dip and they’ve gone up. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Sage said:

You don’t become a bad player overnight. Back in SE London with a manager who will install belief in him the same way we have seen with Gilbey. He’s quick and has shown he can be effective and score goals at this level. 
    I’d sign Eisa happily. Perfect time to sign him as well when he’s had a dip and they’ve gone up. 
    Sounds like the stock markets :-)

Any idea how much PB paid for Eisa? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mart77 said:
    Sage said:

He was there record signing at the time some where in the region of 1.2 million I think. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mart77 said:
    Sage said:

It was a club record fee so more than the £1.25m they paid for Asombalonga 
  • Options
    Could be a great partner for Stockley as well

He comes short to get the ball out the air, centre-back doesnt know whether to go with him and leave a gap for Eisa to exploit, or leave Jayden the freedom to chest the ball down and lay it off elsewhere as we saw at Sunderland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Eisa is the sort of player we need to be trying for but I suspect we’ll have a lot of competition even if we are interested.
  • Options
    Eisa would be a great signing 
  • Options
    Eisa might be as good as we can get at this level, should be up there with our top targets
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

You can become a bad player overnight, normally it coinsides with signing for us :sweat_smile:

I think Eisa is player you have to really want, if your going to sign him.   I know that sounds stupid but:

He will cost a fee and probably a healthy wage, we won't be the only club in for him either.  Although I doubt he will go to Sunderland.

What are you going to use him for?  For his cost I would say it would have to be up front in a two?  If so who are the other strikers in your arsenal?  I wouldn't want to go into the season with him, Stockley, Washington and Schwartz. For example.

Can he step up to the championship?  Did his spell at Bristol City prove he can't?  I don't know, I didn't see it. 

Why didn't he play more for Peterborough and why did he stop scoring last season?

Would he have made us better this season, almost certainly.  Is he a good player, for this level, almost certainly.  Could he be our "start striker" in a promotion winning season, possibly.  Could you get someone better for the same, or less cost, I have no idea.

He is one of those funny ones were he could be a steal at a million quid or he could be on loan at Swindon for 18 months with us covering 80% of his wages. 
    Agree with the above, although I can’t see him costing anywhere near a million. 

Taking a quick look at what Peterborough fans are saying, they’re not expecting to recoup £500,000. Similar to Stockley, around the £250,000-£500,000 mark should be enough. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Posh fans don't rate him, he's been really poor the past year or so. Like to think we'll do a bit better. 
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I don't think Eisa is much better than Washington, not £500k better with wages on top. 

They're similar players in the sense they track back, can pick a goal out and have decent feet. Eisa isn't actually that quick but what he does bring is good dribbling and agility, where as Washington is a pure workhorse. 

I have no doubt Eisa is a little bit better but I don't think he's the answer to us going up via automatics. I'd like us to look for something better personally.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

You can become a bad player overnight, normally it coinsides with signing for us :sweat_smile:

I think Eisa is player you have to really want, if your going to sign him.   I know that sounds stupid but:

He will cost a fee and probably a healthy wage, we won't be the only club in for him either.  Although I doubt he will go to Sunderland.

What are you going to use him for?  For his cost I would say it would have to be up front in a two?  If so who are the other strikers in your arsenal?  I wouldn't want to go into the season with him, Stockley, Washington and Schwartz. For example.

Can he step up to the championship?  Did his spell at Bristol City prove he can't?  I don't know, I didn't see it. 

Why didn't he play more for Peterborough and why did he stop scoring last season?

Would he have made us better this season, almost certainly.  Is he a good player, for this level, almost certainly.  Could he be our "start striker" in a promotion winning season, possibly.  Could you get someone better for the same, or less cost, I have no idea.

He is one of those funny ones were he could be a steal at a million quid or he could be on loan at Swindon for 18 months with us covering 80% of his wages. 
    Agree with the above, although I can’t see him costing anywhere near a million. 

Taking a quick look at what Peterborough fans are saying, they’re not expecting to recoup £500,000. Similar to Stockley, around the £250,000-£500,000 mark should be enough. 
    That's exactly what I mean.  How much will he cost?  Without knowing what our total budget is, who else wants him, what the plan would be etc it could be anything between a total no brainer and a massive mistake. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!