Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A proper couple of rumours.

Chuks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

8/10 for the source 2/10 for it amounting to anything. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Chucks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

Scott Twine? Just been relegated and out of contract, would be a very good signing
    I don't think so, not because I don't think we would be intrested, but I think this is more of a gamble.  A body until JFC is fit, but could come good if you see what I mean? 
    who is your guess ?
  • Options

Scott Twine being linked with Pompey, Luton, Barnsley, QPR and Brentford

Let's hope we get him tied down quickly then.
  • Options
    Didn't Thomas say he might splash some cash on a signature signing? Maybe I imagined it.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Southall’s ‘marquee signings’.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The meetings at the club took place today I was just thinking how tough it must be to go into work and told your being released. I'm fortunate in that i have never faced that myself. But with a league one footballer it must be worrying as they may not get another club at the moment

I got fired (without good reason really) from a summer job temping at a vacuum cleaner factory when I was 18. I hated the job and was just doing it for some spending money before I went to University and it actually meant I got a much better job that I returned to each summer while at Uni. It was over 20 years ago. It still pisses me off when I think about it and it was horrible to be fired even though for me it worked out to be a good thing.
    Did the job suck?

In more ways than one, yes. I spent 8 hours a day for 6 months taking a plastic bucket that was part of the vaccum cleaner and then putting one plastic hose and two different tools in the bucket, then putting my bucket on top of another bucket and sending it down the production line. I honestly don't how I didn't go insane. My dad was worried if I took a year out before I went to Uni I'd get used to having money in my pocket and wouldn't go - a job like that, though, really focuses your mind to get some better qualifications and better job.
    You’re cleaning up with your rumours
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Chucks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Scott Twine? Just been relegated and out of contract, would be a very good signing
    I don't think so, not because I don't think we would be intrested, but I think this is more of a gamble.  A body until JFC is fit, but could come good if you see what I mean? 
    who is your guess ?
    My guess is someone like Ryan Watson from Northampton.  Which actually makes me confident about the rest of the plan for the midfield as that would be a short term body who could actually prove worthwhile. 
  • Options

Bristol Rovers 

Josh Hare 

Alex Rodman 

Tom Davies 

Ed Upson 

Abu Ogogo 

Pablo Martinez (option)  

Swindon Town

Christopher Missilou 

Matty Palmer 

Anthony Grant 

Scott Twine (contract offered) 

Joel Grant 

Northampton Town 

Alex Jones 

Steve Arnold 

Ryan Watson 

Shaun McWilliams 

Mark Marshall 

Rochdale 

Paul McShane   

Matt Lund 

Jimmy Ryan 

Harrison Hopper 

Stephen Dooley 

Kwadwo Baah 

• Options
    Would take Matt Lund from Rochdale, scores a fair few from midfield.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

who is your guess ?
    My guess is someone like Ryan Watson from Northampton.  Which actually makes me confident about the rest of the plan for the midfield as that would be a short term body who could actually prove worthwhile. 
    Wha do you mean by Short Term Body ? Genuine question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

who is your guess ?
    Someone that could cover the JFC injury and if they don't turn out brilliant wouldn't be that expensive or hard to shift on. 
  • Options
    Out of contract midfielder at a relegated club. Knowing our luck, we’ve probably gone in for oztumer 😂
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

who is your guess ?
    Someone that could cover the JFC injury and if they don't turn out brilliant wouldn't be that expensive or hard to shift on. 
    What a waste of money.
    Let's get somebody who will  make JFC worry about fighting for his place
  • Options
    JFC coming back mid season after such an injury will find it very tough. No real pre sesson and relying on training and U23 games. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

who is your guess ?
    What a waste of money.
    OK mate I'll make a call and cancel it. 
    Good man  ;)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

who is your guess ?
    What a waste of money.
    OK mate I'll make a call and cancel it. 
    Good man  ;)
    Done, let's never mention it again :-) 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I’d like to think we were aiming higher than Gillingham and Portsmouth players who are out of contract.
    I don't want a name but what exactly are you expecting? 

You don't want any of our players, or the team that finished 8th, or 10th. I would think the best out of contract players for the teams that just missed out on the play offs would be a good starting point? 
    Players that aren’t being kept on by teams around us or below us. 
    Not being kept on or not signing new deals? Big difference. 
    Not being kept on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Baah winger from Rochdale didn’t end up signing for City in the end did he? 
  • Options
    si.com/soccer/manchestercity/news/man-citys-january-move-for-in-demand-winger-collapsed-at-medical-stage-player-to-be-back-available-in-summer
  • Options
    It’ll be Mark Marshall 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    That Baah winger from Rochdale didn’t end up signing for City in the end did he? 
    Supposedly had a medical with Watford last month according to Sky Sports
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    I read that hes about to sign for Watford which a Hornets supporting pal confirmed 
  • Options
    Twine would be a great signing, I’d see him playing in behind the main striker - he’s not a fox in the box.

take a look at his highlights from this season he’s scored some absolute worldies
  • Options
    Not sure if this will work but a round up of Twine’s goals

https://vimeo.com/533923713
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Not sure if this will work but a round up of Twine’s goals

https://vimeo.com/533923713
    He scored a couple of corkers at Wigan on Sunday too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2-x9sv1Tbk

Someone who likes to take a pop from outside the area. Golfie is getting excited already.
  • Options
    More suggestions than rumours but a few players off the top of my head that have impressed me this year. Hoping Lincoln stay down so we can raid them in the window. 

Simms - Blackpool
    Lowery- Crewe
    Wintle - Crewe
    Dale - Crewe
    James - Doncaster
    Graham - Gillingham
    Dempsey - Gillingham
    Ennis - Plymouth (loan)
    Downes (Ipswich)
    Montsma (Lincoln)
    Grant (Lincoln)
    Edun (Lincoln)
    McGrandles (Lincoln)
    Pigott (Wimbledon)
    Fraser (MK Dons)
    Charles (Accrington)
    Bishop (Accrington)
    Twine (Swindon)
    Harness (Portsmouth)
    Tucker (Gillingham)
    CJ Hamilton (Blackpool)

Simms was on loan from Everton.......
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I can see Chuks turning down a new contract with us being true.

Probably feels he can get a championship club, but may come back to us later in the summer if it doesn't materialise & our offer is still on the table.

Makes sense to me 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!