Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A proper couple of rumours.

Chuks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

8/10 for the source 2/10 for it amounting to anything. 
    Care to speculate? Purely because i have no idea who we'd want from any of the 4 clubs that were relegated apart from Baah and he's a winger.
  • Options
    Ferguson doesn't fit the criteria that Adkins stated he wanted.

I though he was looking for more of a young, fit team.
    If you ignore the goal keeper, one or rwo players 29/30/31 doesn't make you an old team.  Three, four or even more players over 31 does.

Some stages this season we regularly had 4 or 5 players in their 30s playing.  I would guess you want the core of the team to be 24-28 with 1 or 2 outliers at either end? 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    DMAC at Posh has slapped a £700k price tag on Mo Eisa. No idea how this is broken down.
    That's insane. Not my money of course but would be a bit disappointed if we spent that much on him, he's worth 300k tops in this climate and the poor season he has just had. I can't imagine any side in league 1 paying that 
  • Options
    Posh not known for selling cheap. Agree £700k seems high. I’m sure it will reduce but might mean that any deal is closer to deadline than is ideal. Not really what we would be looking at ?
  • Options
    Ferguson doesn't fit the criteria that Adkins stated he wanted.

I thought he was looking for more of a young, fit team.
    29 is not exactly ancient in football terms, especially for players who train well and look after themselves. Plus he provides cover in several positions which would be a strong point in his favour, especially as left sided players are harder to find.
  • Options
    DMAC also put a rather hefty price on Maddison before he left for nothing.

Eisa still has at least one year left on his contract, possibly two. I agree that 700k is a lot, but they paid well over £1m for him and will be looking to recoup a chunk of that.

He had an injury early in the season and never really hit any form after that.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    can't say I'd be too excited about that one. 
    No it’s definitely not one to set the pulse racing but I could easily understand why we might be interested. Ferguson covers both left back and left side of midfield and by all accounts has a good delivery. Not pacey but never has been. 30 isn’t old and he has played consistently at a higher standard than league one. Not found any serious injuries in his past so a two year deal might suit both parties. Certainly we need to reduce the average age of the team down but with Pearce, Watson and Pratley unlikely all to remain or feature much then I can see this one being on the cards. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Eisa still has at least one year left on his contract, possibly two. I agree that 700k is a lot, but they paid well over £1m for him and will be looking to recoup a chunk of that.

His contract runs to 2023.

They're never getting 700k for him, i can't see any championship clubs being interested and not many league one clubs post-Covid are going to be spending that on a player. 

Peterborough might get lucky and someone with new money like Ipswich bid for him, but surely not 700k. I'd guess he'll go for something like 350-400k with perhaps some add ons based on promotion.
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    PopIcon said:
    DMAC at Posh has slapped a £700k price tag on Mo Eisa. No idea how this is broken down.
    5 goals in 1300 minutes of football? Not a chance. 
    So not out of contract or released. 
    Huh?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

They're never getting 700k for him, i can't see any championship clubs being interested and not many league one clubs post-Covid are going to be spending that on a player. 

Peterborough might get lucky and someone with new money like Ipswich bid for him, but surely not 700k. I'd guess he'll go for something like 350-400k with perhaps some add ons based on promotion.
    Ipswich are now owned by a pension fund, I don’t think they will be splashing the cash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    arny23394 said:
    PopIcon said:

Ipswich are now owned by a pension fund, I don’t think they will be splashing the cash.
    I very much doubt a pension fund invested long term in a sustainable League One club!

Ipswich will be amongst the biggest spenders next season.
    I think the point is that they’ll lose money in league one and lose money in The Championship. How a pension fund squares that circle is beyond me. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    arny23394 said:
    PopIcon said:

I very much doubt a pension fund invested long term in a sustainable League One club!

I think the point is that they’ll lose money in league one and lose money in The Championship. How a pension fund squares that circle is beyond me. 
    That's a totally different argument, SHG - I too have serious misgivings and would not be too pleased if the buyers managed any of my investments.
  • Options
    Posh not known for selling cheap. Agree £700k seems high. I’m sure it will reduce but might mean that any deal is closer to deadline than is ideal. Not really what we would be looking at ?
    They buy high and hope to sell even higher, that’s their business model. A mate who’s a Posh fan is hoping they sell Clarke-Harris and get a sell on fee for Toney for a £10m Champo transfer fund. Eisa they will lose money on, but with Toney they made a killing.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I’d like to think we were aiming higher than Gillingham and Portsmouth players who are out of contract.
    Same. You don't bring in NA and then go fishing around for bargains/free transfers in the same league. Such a cost cutting approach would have seen Jackson/Euell promoted as Manager.
    Why ever not?  You may get another Lyle Taylor (hopefully the 'plays until the end of the season' version, of course).  Why spend money where you don't have to?  Saving where you can gives you more to spend where you have to.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with fishing for bargains as long as they are genuine bargains.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    arny23394 said:
    PopIcon said:

That's a totally different argument, SHG - I too have serious misgivings and would not be too pleased if the buyers managed any of my investments.
    I find the Ipswich takeover baffling. It will be really interesting what they do this summer, whether they run a right ship or really go for it
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The meetings at the club took place today I was just thinking how tough it must be to go into work and told your being released. I'm fortunate in that i have never faced that myself. But with a league one footballer it must be worrying as they may not get another club at the moment

I got fired (without good reason really) from a summer job temping at a vacuum cleaner factory when I was 18. I hated the job and was just doing it for some spending money before I went to University and it actually meant I got a much better job that I returned to each summer while at Uni. It was over 20 years ago. It still pisses me off when I think about it and it was horrible to be fired even though for me it worked out to be a good thing.
    I got fired by The Bugle Horn.  I'd shown up the manager by adding things up correctly when he said I hadn't so he accused me of dipping in the till.  Still, he paid me for my last day without me having to work.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The meetings at the club took place today I was just thinking how tough it must be to go into work and told your being released. I'm fortunate in that i have never faced that myself. But with a league one footballer it must be worrying as they may not get another club at the moment

I got fired (without good reason really) from a summer job temping at a vacuum cleaner factory when I was 18. I hated the job and was just doing it for some spending money before I went to University and it actually meant I got a much better job that I returned to each summer while at Uni. It was over 20 years ago. It still pisses me off when I think about it and it was horrible to be fired even though for me it worked out to be a good thing.
    Did the job suck?

In more ways than one, yes. I spent 8 hours a day for 6 months taking a plastic bucket that was part of the vaccum cleaner and then putting one plastic hose and two different tools in the bucket, then putting my bucket on top of another bucket and sending it down the production line. I honestly don't how I didn't go insane. My dad was worried if I took a year out before I went to Uni I'd get used to having money in my pocket and wouldn't go - a job like that, though, really focuses your mind to get some better qualifications and better job.
    So why were you fired?
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Not sure if this will work but a round up of Twine’s goals

https://vimeo.com/533923713
    Some of those are impressive, some have the "I'll stand off you and give you time and space to shoot" style of defending we came to know and love this season, but he sure knows where the goal is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Lund a deffo from Rochdale .... he an excellent player 
    Is that a deffo wish or a deffo signing and hence a rumour?
  • Options
    Matt Lund a deffo from Rochdale .... he an excellent player 
    Is that a deffo wish or a deffo signing and hence a rumour?
    It’s a demand that we sign him ... 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If we sign Mo, I think we will be in for a long hard season next year.
    Why? He lost his place this season but in 19/20 he scored 14 league goals in 27 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Not saying I want him to sign but the main reason his goalscoring has dropped off appears to be because he lost his place to Clarke-Harris who is perhaps more suited to playing as a lone striker in their 3-4-3 set up.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What does that even mean?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I’d like to think we were aiming higher than Gillingham and Portsmouth players who are out of contract.
    Same. You don't bring in NA and then go fishing around for bargains/free transfers in the same league. Such a cost cutting approach would have seen Jackson/Euell promoted as Manager.
    Why ever not?  You may get another Lyle Taylor (hopefully the 'plays until the end of the season' version, of course).  Why spend money where you don't have to?  Saving where you can gives you more to spend where you have to.
    I probably should have been clearer with my point. Fishing for half crocked freebies and unfit loanees are a thing of the past. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Why? He lost his place this season but in 19/20 he scored 14 league goals in 27 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Not saying I want him to sign but the main reason his goalscoring has dropped off appears to be because he lost his place to Clarke-Harris who is perhaps more suited to playing as a lone striker in their 3-4-3 set up.
    Hadn't he scored 13 of those 14 by mid October though? 
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:
    PopIcon said:
    5 goals in 1300 minutes of football? Not a chance. 
    So not out of contract or released. 
    Huh?
    I read somewhere on here that Eisa was on the released list for Peterborough.  If they want £700k he can't  be.  

He's on the transfer list not the released list
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hadn't he scored 13 of those 14 by mid October though? 
    Fair point, I hadn’t looked at that.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=68830&season_id=152

This shows 10 by mid October, and a decent record until early December. During that time Maddison was also scoring regularly.

After that he stopped scoring but Posh themselves weren’t getting many results and has a few heavy defeats.

He then scored one more in February and didn’t play again (injured?).

Guess it comes down to whether he’s a good player who needs games to get going again or they’re right to sell him as he just went through a purple patch? Chris Dickson at Gillingham is a good example of that at this level.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, if Thomas does want even upper champ within the next 5 years then we should be aiming for better or at least more potential than eisa
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!