Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    With a blank team sheet how much would we have to spend to get a team that would get us up  question mark ..key board will not allow one.  would 20 million buy a winning team 
    If you cant get promoted from League One with £20m, you'd be in serious trouble as a Manager
    I wonder how much Lee Clarke spent at Huddersfield? Not that it would be $20m, but they huffed & puffed & never got up with him at the helm, after what seemed to be quite significant investment.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If we sign Mo, I think we will be in for a long hard season next year.
    Why? He lost his place this season but in 19/20 he scored 14 league goals in 27 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Not saying I want him to sign but the main reason his goalscoring has dropped off appears to be because he lost his place to Clarke-Harris who is perhaps more suited to playing as a lone striker in their 3-4-3 set up.
    He will be a poor signing. Bonne type of player..
    Agree. If Posh are getting rid then it’s clear he’s not up to Champ standard. We want to be recruiting for top end league one who can cut it the level up. 
    But not every signing will be able to meet that requirement. Or do you think Thomas is willing to go all in?
    That's the problem with Mo.  He is "all in price" with massive question mark over the last 3 years. 
    Not 3 years, he got 1 in 2 last season. I think 750k is a bit steep but I don't feel 400k ish is all in price, it's really not that much at all. 
    He got 11 of them in the first 16 games.  So 4 next 20ish.

You would basically be buying him on his form in that short space of time and a season in league 2, nearly 4 years ago.

The point I am making is that if you did spend that sort of money on him it would be as your main striker signing.  The question isn't is he good, the question is is he good enough to be our main striker. 
  • Options
    Stefco said:
    With a blank team sheet how much would we have to spend to get a team that would get us up  question mark ..key board will not allow one.  would 20 million buy a winning team 
    If you cant get promoted from League One with £20m, you'd be in serious trouble as a Manager
    I wonder how much Lee Clarke spent at Huddersfield? Not that it would be $20m, but they huffed & puffed & never got up with him at the helm, after what seemed to be quite significant investment.
    Yeah but they were unbeaten for a thousand games.
  • Options
    This thread is pretty meaningless unless @Callumcafc posts up clips of every mentioned player.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Why? He lost his place this season but in 19/20 he scored 14 league goals in 27 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Not saying I want him to sign but the main reason his goalscoring has dropped off appears to be because he lost his place to Clarke-Harris who is perhaps more suited to playing as a lone striker in their 3-4-3 set up.
    Agree. If Posh are getting rid then it’s clear he’s not up to Champ standard. We want to be recruiting for top end league one who can cut it the level up. 
    But not every signing will be able to meet that requirement. Or do you think Thomas is willing to go all in?
    That's the problem with Mo.  He is "all in price" with massive question mark over the last 3 years. 
    Not 3 years, he got 1 in 2 last season. I think 750k is a bit steep but I don't feel 400k ish is all in price, it's really not that much at all. 

You would basically be buying him on his form in that short space of time and a season in league 2, nearly 4 years ago.

The point I am making is that if you did spend that sort of money on him it would be as your main striker signing.  The question isn't is he good, the question is is he good enough to be our main striker. 
    He has been scouted previously, we had him lined up in January when he was at Bristol City but they couldn't get their target in and refused to let him join us.
    He was supposed to replace Karlan Grant, and is similar to Leko with his tricks etc. But he has actually scored goals.
    My Peterborough mates said that they thought enough of him to pay a substantial sum for him, it was the permanent signing of Szmodics and emergence of Dembele that moved him out of the side. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Praying for a big summer of signings.
    Expecting a "who?" fest.
    Pedicting a let down.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Guess the players:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    This thread is pretty meaningless unless @Callumcafc posts up clips of every mentioned player.
    I'm waiting for a hero to take that from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Just to do Callum a favour - not taking on his duties.

Eisa
    https://youtu.be/hE5s91g06V0

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Guess the players:

Taylor and Aneke 
  • Options
    Great clips and of course this type of compilation means little but from looking at that I do like that he will be able to hold the ball up and bring players into the game. 
  • Options
    No idea if Eisa is on the target list but i feel that the new recruitment process will have look at more than just goals or goals per minute.  And he will have been watched.

Of course the Posh chairman is going to ask top dollar for him. He's under no pressure to sell, they've just gone up and have sold other players well.  But £750k is a first offer.  We, if we want him, will try to knock that number down.  If the price isn't right we won't buy him.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Has anyone posted this yet?
    I reckon he’s staying

Can’t believe I just found another thread for this. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time
  • Options
    995632 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

He has been scouted previously, we had him lined up in January when he was at Bristol City but they couldn't get their target in and refused to let him join us.
    He was supposed to replace Karlan Grant, and is similar to Leko with his tricks etc. But he has actually scored goals.
    My Peterborough mates said that they thought enough of him to pay a substantial sum for him, it was the permanent signing of Szmodics and emergence of Dembele that moved him out of the side. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
    Don't get me wrong I am not saying he is, or isn't, good enough.  It's not for any of us to decide anyway.

When we tried to sign him from Bristol City that must have been based on his performances at Cheltenham.  3 seasons ago.  Bar one 15 odd game spell he has done next to nothing since.

What I am saying is he is the type of player you would have to be sure on.  He is to expensive as a punt, if its a punt there are cheaper alternatives.

If Gallen, Adkins etc think he is good enough to be our main man fair enough and I hope they are right.  I am just pointing out its not as simple as "sign him up" as my original post on him was aimed at. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    arny23394 said:
    PopIcon said:
    DMAC also put a rather hefty price on Maddison before he left for nothing.

Eisa still has at least one year left on his contract, possibly two. I agree that 700k is a lot, but they paid well over £1m for him and will be looking to recoup a chunk of that.

He had an injury early in the season and never really hit any form after that.
    His contract runs to 2023.

They're never getting 700k for him, i can't see any championship clubs being interested and not many league one clubs post-Covid are going to be spending that on a player. 

Peterborough might get lucky and someone with new money like Ipswich bid for him, but surely not 700k. I'd guess he'll go for something like 350-400k with perhaps some add ons based on promotion.
    Ipswich are now owned by a pension fund, I don’t think they will be splashing the cash.
    I very much doubt a pension fund invested long term in a sustainable League One club!

Ipswich will be amongst the biggest spenders next season.
    The pension fund is only a part owner and involvement seems limited to benefiting from debt repayment income generated by the money it has loaned to replace Marcus Evans' debt. Good business if it comes with above average interest rate and the covenant risk sits with Marcus Evans rather than the club.

So agree the pension fund is not going to be in the business of flashing cash to  buy players, but there are equity investors as well.

• Options
    1 more day and then we can really start a row on here when the club announce their players released list 🤭🤭🤭
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    arny23394 said:
    PopIcon said:
    DMAC also put a rather hefty price on Maddison before he left for nothing.

Eisa still has at least one year left on his contract, possibly two. I agree that 700k is a lot, but they paid well over £1m for him and will be looking to recoup a chunk of that.

He had an injury early in the season and never really hit any form after that.
    His contract runs to 2023.

They're never getting 700k for him, i can't see any championship clubs being interested and not many league one clubs post-Covid are going to be spending that on a player. 

Peterborough might get lucky and someone with new money like Ipswich bid for him, but surely not 700k. I'd guess he'll go for something like 350-400k with perhaps some add ons based on promotion.
    Ipswich are now owned by a pension fund, I don’t think they will be splashing the cash.
    I very much doubt a pension fund invested long term in a sustainable League One club!

Ipswich will be amongst the biggest spenders next season.
    The pension fund is only a part owner and involvement seems limited to benefiting from debt repayment income generated by the money it has loaned to replace Marcus Evans' debt. Good business if it comes with above average interest rate and the covenant risk sits with Marcus Evans rather than the club.

So agree the pension fund is not going to be in the business of flashing cash to  buy players, but there are equity investors as well.

I still find the arrangements odd. Yes the pension fund might have lots of money, but that's not "spare" money of the sort that Abramovich of the Abu Dhabi owners of Man City have. Or even Thomas Sandgaard. Pension money is invested in investments that generate a financial return, not frittered away on glory.

The 13-year reign of Marcus Evans came to an end last week when the club was sold to US-led group Gamechanger 20 Ltd for around £40m.
    A trio of American-based businessman - Brett Johnson, Berke Bakay and Mark Detmer - will be looking to bring their contacts and expertise to the table, having already made a real success of Phoenix Rising FC in Arizona over recent years.
    But the new ultimate beneficial owner of the Blues is a US investment fund called ORG, which manage funds on behalf of large US pension pot - the Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System - and who own 90% of Gamechanger 20 Ltd. 
    Chief Investment Officer for the Arizona PSPRS Trust, Mark Steed, posted a link to a story of the takeover on Twitter and wrote: "God have mercy on League One, because we won’t. COYB!!!"
    Asked by a Town fan whether the financial resources were there, Steed replied: "Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash. So, yeah?"

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/funds-behind-itfc-takeover-revealed-7890950
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    I got sacked from my job at the gym, they gave me a too weak notice.
    I got sacked from the gym, I found a hole in a trainer and put my finger in it.
  • Options
    I got fired from my job at the crematorium. It was a dead end job anyway. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Has anyone posted this yet?
    I reckon he’s staying

Is he boiling some eggs?
  • Options
    I think most of Twine’s goals this season were scored in league 2 but he still looks a good prospect.
  • Options

Mowatt is available on a free ...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!