Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    I think a club will take a punt on Chuks to be the finisher / super sub.

For what you’d pay him he’d be worth the risk vs. Us needing him to be fit for 90mins week in week out on those wages. For a champ club to pay him 8k a week and no fee it’s low risk for them.

I expect him to end up at Luton or somewhere similar
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Not sure if this will work but a round up of Twine’s goals

https://vimeo.com/533923713
    He scored a couple of corkers at Wigan on Sunday too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2-x9sv1Tbk

Someone who likes to take a pop from outside the area. Golfie is getting excited already.
    He doesn’t score tap in’s does he LOL
  • Options
    Aneke could probably do the Taylor at Forest role better than him, as he's used to coming on as a sub. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't begrudge aneke a move to the championship but I'd be hugely disappointed if he signs for another league 1 club.
  • Options
    More suggestions than rumours but a few players off the top of my head that have impressed me this year. Hoping Lincoln stay down so we can raid them in the window. 

Simms - Blackpool
    Lowery- Crewe
    Wintle - Crewe
    Dale - Crewe
    James - Doncaster
    Graham - Gillingham
    Dempsey - Gillingham
    Ennis - Plymouth (loan)
    Downes (Ipswich)
    Montsma (Lincoln)
    Grant (Lincoln)
    Edun (Lincoln)
    McGrandles (Lincoln)
    Pigott (Wimbledon)
    Fraser (MK Dons)
    Charles (Accrington)
    Bishop (Accrington)
    Twine (Swindon)
    Harness (Portsmouth)
    Tucker (Gillingham)
    CJ Hamilton (Blackpool)

Simms was on loan from Everton.......
    Would like Dale, Lowery, Piggot and Twine....Thank you
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Weird one with Chuks, I would be delighted if he stays because he's such a problem when he plays but for how little he plays I am not too bothered if he goes. Would take the likes of Pigott, Oliver, Charles etc over him who have played 40 games this season and racked up goals in the process. We need players who can play the whole season again, not players with fitness/injury woes.

Wish him all the best if he does go, comes across a nice fella and he is certainly dangerous 
  • Options
    According to Wiki Twine is now at qpr, doubt it would have happened that quickly but just saying  :D  
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    That Baah winger from Rochdale didn’t end up signing for City in the end did he? 
    I noticed that after scoring twice against us in January he then didn't score again for the rest of the season. Typical.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A proper couple of rumours.

Chucks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

8/10 for the source 2/10 for it amounting to anything. 
    Scott Twine? Just been relegated and out of contract, would be a very good signing
    I don't think so, not because I don't think we would be intrested, but I think this is more of a gamble.  A body until JFC is fit, but could come good if you see what I mean? 
    who is your guess ?
    My guess is someone like Ryan Watson from Northampton.  Which actually makes me confident about the rest of the plan for the midfield as that would be a short term body who could actually prove worthwhile. 
    Wha do you mean by Short Term Body ? Genuine question.
    Someone that could cover the JFC injury and if they don't turn out brilliant wouldn't be that expensive or hard to shift on. 
    Not sure if playing the waiting game regarding JFC regaining full fitness is a good idea. 
    We need to hit the ground running in August not hang around waiting for someone who may not be available until sometime in the new year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:

For what you’d pay him he’d be worth the risk vs. Us needing him to be fit for 90mins week in week out on those wages. For a champ club to pay him 8k a week and no fee it’s low risk for them.

Can't see any team investing in Chucks if he has problems which none of us know about,Bowyer and Adkins obviously know 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Maccn05 said:

Can't see any team investing in Chucks if he has problems which none of us know about,Bowyer and Adkins obviously know 
    Seem to remember him failing a medical @ QPR before he joined us for example
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Chuks also has had Covid, before which fitness was a worry, could this have had an adverse effect on his stamina. Is he suffering from a mild form of long Covid?

Probably not.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I think we’ll go out and sign the best two CMs we can (any more are then squad players). It’ll then up to Gilbey, Morgan, JFC and any others to force their way into the team. 

JFC isn’t so good that he should expect to be back in soon after he’s fit enough. I’d expect the above to happen even if he’s fit and under contract, we need strong competition for places. He’s done well this season but not a player you build a team around.
    That's how I look at it, on the basis your 3 more often than not, you need 6.  And that was probably, in order

New and new
    Then JFC, Gilbey, Morgan
    And lastly Watson

If that was the original plan it would make sense to replace JFC with either a loan but we don't know who else they plan on loaning; keep an extra midfielder you would release other wise; rely on a u23 stepping up or sign a reasonably cheap option that could step up. 

• Options
    Matt Lund a deffo from Rochdale .... he an excellent player 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    @Dazzler21 one for the list
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    cafc999 said:
    @Dazzler21 one for the list
    Pay attention to the tense though. He “had” agreed . It’s a rumour but not that he’s ultimately signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Will know Conor Washington as they've been team mates from Northern Ireland duty
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Chuks has posted a video on his Instagram story with a few clips of the Valley and him in a charlton top with a ⏳ . I'm gonna guess he's staying based on that? 
    Saw that and I’d guess he’s going…time run out…
    Yeah if we're looking into cryptic meanings, I'd definitely say this one seems more likely
  • Options
    DMAC at Posh has slapped a £700k price tag on Mo Eisa. No idea how this is broken down.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    DMAC at Posh has slapped a £700k price tag on Mo Eisa. No idea how this is broken down.
    5 goals in 1300 minutes of football? Not a chance. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    can't say I'd be too excited about that one. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Ferguson doesn't fit the criteria that Adkins stated he wanted.

I thought he was looking for more of a young, fit team.
  • Options
    Didn’t we try and sign Mo Eisa in the January window in our promotion season and weasel Tommy said no at the last minute. Apparently he didn’t rate him. My mate who’s a Posh fan says he’s a good player who had a barren patch and Clarke Harries became the preferred striker.
    We had him ready to go but Bristol City couldn't get in the player they wanted, so refused to release him for a loan. Then he hardly paid the rest of the season. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!