Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I don't understand what's wrong with signing players from teams who finished below us like Gillingham? They got some good results this season and actually played some decent ball, every player mentioned so far of theirs walks in our team, especially Dempsey, he would immediately be our best midfielder and I imagine he will have championship interest.

Doesn't matter where the player comes from, it's all relative to where you are and what you need. Do you think any Liverpool fan truly believed Joe Gomez would be as good for them as we knew he could be? 

Hopefully Adkins and Gallen play it this way, cherry picking from the league you want to get promoted from is always a good strategy 

Also Mo Eisa could be a great signing, imagine Adkins is the exact kind of manager he needs now to get back on track and he has so much potential
     Has anyone said there is something wrong with it then??
    I'm amazed if they have.

Eddie Youds was a huge signing for us from a struggling Bradford side.
    And don't even start about Kiely. Didn't he keep something like 20 clean sheets for Bury but they still got relegated?

There are loads of others I'm sure
  • Options
    I don't understand what's wrong with signing players from teams who finished below us like Gillingham? They got some good results this season and actually played some decent ball, every player mentioned so far of theirs walks in our team, especially Dempsey, he would immediately be our best midfielder and I imagine he will have championship interest.

Doesn't matter where the player comes from, it's all relative to where you are and what you need. Do you think any Liverpool fan truly believed Joe Gomez would be as good for them as we knew he could be? 

Hopefully Adkins and Gallen play it this way, cherry picking from the league you want to get promoted from is always a good strategy 

Also Mo Eisa could be a great signing, imagine Adkins is the exact kind of manager he needs now to get back on track and he has so much potential
    I'm amazed if they have.

And don't even start about Kiely. Didn't he keep something like 20 clean sheets for Bury but they still got relegated?

Yup half way down the previous page. 
  • Options

I'm amazed if they have.

Mendonca from a relegated Grimsby. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I'm amazed if they have.

Mendonca from a relegated Grimsby. 
    Paulo Di Canio from a relegated west ham 😁😁
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    AndyG said:
    Like everywhere else rumours on here are exactly that, just rumours. When I read one I look at what I'm reading and then decide the probability of it likely to happen, I may be right I may be wrong when the facts are out but when it is just a rumour that I find is the best way to deal with it. Even when I read something that doesnt sound likely I still very much like to read it and decide what I think the likelyhood. If I dont think there is much chance I would never pull the poster up, what would be the point in that ? in my book any rumour is a good rumour until proven otherwise  :)
    Agree a rumour is a rumour not a stone cold fact, I'd say 75% of rumors stem completely from someones own imagination however they are still a rumpour.
    If someone whispers a rumour in a forest and no one hears it - is it a rumour?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    AndyG said:
    Like everywhere else rumours on here are exactly that, just rumours. When I read one I look at what I'm reading and then decide the probability of it likely to happen, I may be right I may be wrong when the facts are out but when it is just a rumour that I find is the best way to deal with it. Even when I read something that doesnt sound likely I still very much like to read it and decide what I think the likelyhood. If I dont think there is much chance I would never pull the poster up, what would be the point in that ? in my book any rumour is a good rumour until proven otherwise  :)
    Agree a rumour is a rumour not a stone cold fact, I'd say 75% of rumors stem completely from someones own imagination however they are still a rumpour.
    It Wood.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The meetings at the club took place today I was just thinking how tough it must be to go into work and told your being released. I'm fortunate in that i have never faced that myself. But with a league one footballer it must be worrying as they may not get another club at the moment

I got fired (without good reason really) from a summer job temping at a vacuum cleaner factory when I was 18. I hated the job and was just doing it for some spending money before I went to University and it actually meant I got a much better job that I returned to each summer while at Uni. It was over 20 years ago. It still pisses me off when I think about it and it was horrible to be fired even though for me it worked out to be a good thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CH4RLTON said:
    AndyG said:
    Clever, are you suggesting we are re-signing taylor without actually suggesting it ?
    I woodn't be that direct...
  • Options
    Didn’t we try and sign Mo Eisa in the January window in our promotion season and weasel Tommy said no at the last minute. Apparently he didn’t rate him. My mate who’s a Posh fan says he’s a good player who had a barren patch and Clarke Harries became the preferred striker.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Didn't Thomas say he might splash some cash on a signature signing? Maybe I imagined it.

My guess is he will invest one to two million quid, if so I hope the majority goes on an athletic box to box midfielder capable of dominating play. Cos that's what we've missed this season imo. 
    Past players we've had like Kinsella, Cullen, Scott Parker, Nicky Bailey to some extent, best of all some might remember the great Mike Bailey from the 1960's.
    No doubt  the 'recruitment committee' will be scouring Div1 and Div2 - fertile ground Div2. 
  • Options
    Didn't Thomas say he might splash some cash on a signature signing? Maybe I imagined it.

My guess is he will invest one to two million quid, if so I hope the majority goes on an athletic box to box midfielder capable of dominating play. Cos that's what we've missed this season imo. 
    Past players we've had like Kinsella, Cullen, Scott Parker, Nicky Bailey to some extent, best of all some might remember the great Mike Bailey from the 1960's.   
    Think it was Adkins who said he wanted to bring in a star player that would get people out of their seats and that you'd want to pay to watch them. Can't wait for Watson's contract extension to be announced either.
  • Options
    We need to get in a voice coach as well.

Complete lack of screaming when an opposition player gets within 3’.

Steve Evans probably knows a couple.
  • Options
    Can I get the "Eisa would be a good investment" line out of the way now and save a lot of time.
    Cheers Jeff 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A proper couple of rumours.

Chucks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

8/10 for the source 2/10 for it amounting to anything. 
    Scott Twine? Just been relegated and out of contract, would be a very good signing
  • Options
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Chucks has left, will be on the released list when it comes out. His choice but the door is still open.

6/10 for the source

Late last week we started sniffing around a center midfielder who played for a relegated club, from league 1, who is out of contract.  This comes from a source at a league 2 club that wanted him as their "main signing" and was between them and his current club.  We have clouded the water some what.  I could make an educated guess who it is and why we are now intrested. 

Scott Twine? Just been relegated and out of contract, would be a very good signing
    Who does he currently play for
  • Options
    Swindon
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

Who does he currently play for
    Swindon

P25, S7, A3
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The meetings at the club took place today I was just thinking how tough it must be to go into work and told your being released. I'm fortunate in that i have never faced that myself. But with a league one footballer it must be worrying as they may not get another club at the moment

I got fired (without good reason really) from a summer job temping at a vacuum cleaner factory when I was 18. I hated the job and was just doing it for some spending money before I went to University and it actually meant I got a much better job that I returned to each summer while at Uni. It was over 20 years ago. It still pisses me off when I think about it and it was horrible to be fired even though for me it worked out to be a good thing.
    Did the job suck?

In more ways than one, yes. I spent 8 hours a day for 6 months taking a plastic bucket that was part of the vaccum cleaner and then putting one plastic hose and two different tools in the bucket, then putting my bucket on top of another bucket and sending it down the production line. I honestly don't how I didn't go insane. My dad was worried if I took a year out before I went to Uni I'd get used to having money in my pocket and wouldn't go - a job like that, though, really focuses your mind to get some better qualifications and better job.
  • Options
    Swindon
    On loan ?
  • Options
    Twine has suitors higher than clubs at League Two level so I don't believe it would be him. The fact that that's the case makes me somewhat nervous about who it could be!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Swindon
    On loan ?
    No his contract is up. Unlikely he'll resign with Swindon in League Two.

Luton/Barnsley/Coventry/QPR/Portsmouth been thrown around as potential destinations over the last month or so.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Scott Twine being linked with Pompey, Luton, Barnsley, QPR and Brentford
  • Options
    matt88 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

6/10 for the source

I don't think so, not because I don't think we would be intrested, but I think this is more of a gamble.  A body until JFC is fit, but could come good if you see what I mean? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!